IGNORED

Atari SA releasing limited run 2600 cartridges.

Nall3k

Just now, jefffulton said:

I know, right? 
Too many people are trying to be Albert, but there is ONLY ONE Albert. ?
$150 limited is insane. Keep doing what you are doing, Albert, especially putting the older releases up on Ebay for easy Purchase. 
You created thiscategoryy of Atari Product and so far no one else has been able to compete with you very well. 

Awesome statement!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

?‍♂️

The cartridge and label renderings look odd shoddy and amateurish

Fixed that for ya'.

3 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Wonder who is making the carts? AtGames. LimitedRun, PowerA?

Hozer?

Or maybe they're buying supplies from someone with more audacity.

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Seems I am not charging nearly enough for boxed games..  :ponder:

Neither am I. ;) 

57 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Some of the articles show boxes, although I'm not sure which tier would include them. Funny that the Atari logo is upside down:

yWZGFs1.jpg

The inverted logo reminds me of when you point your ship upside-down in Lunar Lander, and plow headlong into the ground at full speed.

Not sure what made me think of that particular imagery...

IMG_9737.thumb.jpg.bcd623709055364b4ec6703941d9792d.jpg

54 minutes ago, Xevious70 said:

Dood. That's sooo bad for marketing. How the heck did they let that pass? Looks like a botched panel placement in the 3D box render. Ugh.

I guess Atari SA didn't want to invest that kind of money in their marketing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Lost Monkey said:

Why do all their images look like weird zombie world renderings?

YarsReturn_Atari-Set-min_1080x.png?v=163

5 minutes ago, Lost Monkey said:

Close - the actual answer we were looking for was "Because they are all rendered poorly".  ?

Ugh, indeed. This photo, especially... that was just wrong for them to put an actual classic box photo (with patina, even) alongside some crappy 3D renders. C'mon. Dood. They couldn't even render the VCS console nicely. wtf.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

I guess Atari SA didn't want to invest that kind of money in their marketing.

The actual box renders and light fx/shading don't look half bad, but dang. Whoever was watching the render should've caught that before sending it out. Seems more like a QC error, or perhaps it got rushed through eval/approvals and just got posted. D'oh! Who knows. [shrug]

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:
4 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

?‍♂️

The cartridge and label renderings look odd shoddy and amateurish

Fixed that for ya'.

After a second look at their website I have to say odd is an understatement.

Thanks for fixing

• Like 1

Here's the press release:

https://www.accesswire.com/672992/Atari-XP-Launches-New-Game-Cartridge-Initiative-with-the-Release-of-Three-Never-Published-Titles

According to this,

"Standard edition cartridges, which include only the respective Atari 2600 cartridge, will retail for $49.99 USD."

I'd say this is more definitive versus the rather sloppy website they have thrown up.

..Al

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lost Monkey said:

Anyone know if Dave Exton did the art for this new release of Saboteur or was this art already out there?

Looks like they created new cover artwork directly based on the artwork David Exton created.  The title artwork appears to be used unchanged.  The story was also lifted right out of the Saboteur manual we created.  As far as I know, nobody was contacted in advance for permission to use these for this physical release.

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

Just now, Albert said:

I can assure you this is legitimate and is being done by Atari (although I don't know what company is actually physically producing everything).

..Al

Would AtariAge have a legal case against Atari SA for lifting stuff out of the repros?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Albert said:

Looks like they created new cover artwork directly based on the artwork David Exton created. 

Hmm. I also noticed that Saboteur is the only box that doesn't have Video Computer System under the Atari logo on the front. Then again, it's just a 3D render, and perhaps just another inconsistency that fell through the cracks. It gets worse and worse as we go along...

Just now, Nall3k said:

@Albert I'd reach out to them via their site or on Facebook (I was able to get to someone on there a few weeks back).

I have a contact at Atari I've spoken to recently, I was aware this project was coming down the pike but didn't have many details.  I'm kind of surprised Saboteur wasn't specifically mentioned. It's not something I'm going to make a big deal about, but I will bring it up when I speak to them again.

..Al

• Like 7