IGNORED

Atari SA releasing limited run 2600 cartridges.

Nall3k

2 hours ago, Nall3k said:

@Special Teams @KaeruYojimbo the site has been updated.

"Each standard edition copy comes sealed with a high quality box, cartridge and manual."

Wow, what a difference. I can imagine someone bursting through the door of their art dept. and saying "Guys, we have to change all of this. I was reading AtariAge forums and..." haha well you know the rest. 

This thread has become a total whirlwind for me, but I'll still hang in there. Err... I do know a couple things I'm gonna ask Santa for this year, though. ?

4 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Well that's one thing.  I hope they're not going to use anything from AA's Saboteur release without credit and compensation.

I don't think they will since they replaced the logo. Which, I think is a shame because the AA logo for Saboteur is slick.

1 hour ago, hizzy said:

I don't want to look like I'm picking on them, but their game play video for Yars' Return appears to be Yars' Revenge. I apologize if I'm mistaken. 

Yeah I found that a little odd.. yet another marketing issue they've gotta address. I just saw a clip of Yars Return on YouTube taken from the Flashback 6 console. Looks awesome. 

6 hours ago, Nall3k said:

Public statement from Atari SA.

FEfzwW7XoAEVnTM.png

While I agree that it is nice that they gave Curt Vendel (and Dennis Debro) credit here...I just don't think we ought to ignore what they (EDIT:  They, in this context, refers to Fred & Co.) did to him in the past.  You can of course, do what you want.

Not my story, but in Curt's own words...

Also I agree,  vote with your dollars.

(Click that little diagonal arrow in the upper right corner of the box to see the story)

Edited by GoldLeader
Sometimes pronouns need clarified...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

While I agree that it is nice that they gave Curt Vendel (and Dennis Debro) credit here...I just don't think we ought to ignore what they did to him in the past.  You can of course, do what you want.

Not my story, but in Curt's own words...

Also I agree,  vote with your dollars.

(Click that little diagonal arrow in the upper right corner of the box to see the story)

It’s not fair to say “what they did to him” because it’s a different team. Fred isn’t CEO anymore. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nall3k said:

It’s not fair to say “what they did to him” because it’s a different team. Fred isn’t CEO anymore. 

Fair enough.  I have edited it for clarity.   To be clear though,  the players have been shuffled, and perhaps new divisions started,  but this is not some brand new company.

• Like 1

Well hey there. I used to be a regular around here but I haven’t posted in years. I just saw an ad for these games on Instagram and thought, what the ****! I had to come here and see what the general reaction was.

I don’t quite get this. I find it hard to believe that anyone in 2021 would have a working Atari 2600 and potentially be interested in these games, and NOT know more about the community than the people behind this AtariXP business apparently do. The whole thing is just… weird.

• Like 1

I feel a lot better about my purchase of Aquaventure now that it is confirmed to be a complete copy.

And, well, if they’re going to release @DEBRO’s final version of Yars Return, FINALLY, I may be in for a copy of that too. (Particularly if they pay him.)

I hope they contribute to the GoFundMe for Curt’s daughter’s college fund as well.

14 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Fair enough.  I have edited it for clarity.   To be clear though,  the players have been shuffled, and perhaps new divisions started,  but this is not some brand new company.

To clarify, Fred is no longer involved. I've opened the lines of communications again and so far the people in charge now seem to be very passionate about the brand and legacy and want to move beyond the "We're a licensing company" issues that happened under Fred. Hoping to be able to announce some cool things myself (and the Atari Museum) will be partnered with this year next year for the 50th.

• Like 16

12 minutes ago, Retro Rogue said:

To clarify, Fred is no longer involved. I've opened the lines of communications again and so far the people in charge now seem to be very passionate about the brand and legacy and want to move beyond the "We're a licensing company" issues that happened under Fred. Hoping to be able to announce some cool things myself (and the Atari Museum) will be partnered with this year next year for the 50th.

I'm excited and grateful to read that. I think if they plan on continuing the whole 2600 releases, they should bring Albert on. Excited to see what happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Are they going to post actual photos of the printed products, not just renders? Supposedly these are shipping soon. 

They're just following over 4 years of time-honored Atari tradition. Real Atari fans will accept nothing but sloppily made renders and missed shipping dates due to the product not actually existing yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

They're just following over 4 years of time-honored Atari tradition. Real Atari fans will accept nothing but sloppily made renders and missed shipping dates due to the product not actually existing yet.

Could be worse. Like AAA games released that aren't finished, unplayable with bugs, and full of gambling mechanics to hook young children.

• Like 3