IGNORED

Mail Call! Asteroids and Star Castle!

TPR

Mail Call! Two new games from Team Pixelboy! Asteroids and Star Castle! Man, these look... GREAT!!! The games are solid original ports of the arcade versions, and the boxes, while a departure from the classic Team Pixelboy look, are AWESOME!!! Nothing but great things to say here! Well done Team Pixelboy!

Has there been any talk about who will get publishing rights for these once Team Pixelboy has retired? ?

IMG_8126.jpg

asteroids cv .jpg

star castle cv.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Yes. I got an email from Team Pixelboy on Nov 2nd about my pre-order being ready to ship.
Damn. I definitely had Asteroids on a preorder with him - the game only, not the controller. Not sure about Star Castle, but I definitely would have added it to my preorder. I've emailed Luc to figure out what happened.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bry said:
1 hour ago, TPR said:
Yes. I got an email from Team Pixelboy on Nov 2nd about my pre-order being ready to ship.

Damn. I definitely had Asteroids on a preorder with him - the game only, not the controller. Not sure about Star Castle, but I definitely would have added it to my preorder. I've emailed Luc to figure out what happened.

You should get an e-mail from me early next week. Guys like TPR got their copies first because they pre-ordered an Asteroids Controller. I contacted them first because I wanted to be sure to give them dibs on a copy of Star Castle, because both Asteroids and Star Castle are explicitly designed to be compatible with the Asteroids Controller.

I will post a new Team Pixelboy News Bulletin soon about all this, and more.  :) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Amazing looking games! I've been away for a bit, I gather there was a preorder for Asteroids and Star Castle? Anything else? Am I too late to get in on these? Sorry about all the questions, but any guidance would be very appreciated.  And before I forget: best wishes for a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Turkey sandwiches and ColecoVision to all!  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 5:56 PM, Pixelboy said:

both Asteroids and Star Castle are explicitly designed to be compatible with the Asteroids Controller

I’d love to see a standard controller option for Asteriods with the Atarisoft style label. Not sure if this could be a thing or not. I’m kind of jumping back into the Colecovision scene after digging mine out of the closet over Thanksgiving weekend. And boy what a blast it’s been. And please excuse me if I ask ridiculous questions or requests. ?