IGNORED

The Atari VCS Controversies Thread

Mockduck

6 hours ago, Chopsus said:

Yep, ATARI has said as much on IGG ... another broken delivery promise

So - where's my apology (not from you of course) for saying that 1 - "October was not specified as a delivery date", and 2 - "There's no way in hell they would make this date either"?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

So - where's my apology (not from you of course) for saying that 1 - "October was not specified as a delivery date", and 2 - "There's no way in hell they would make this date either"?

Fake ATARI apologizing?  LOL ROTFLMAO ? ... they are simply the most arrogant and incompetent bunch I have ever come across.

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, AlecRob said:

So the only thing holding them back is the controllers? Is that accurate?

i only backed the loose onyx console with no controllers by the way

No, now they are prevaricating about paperwork.  Import to the USA details I suspect .... Fake ATARI are clueless on some very fundamental things about manufacturing and retail.

• Like 1

^ They only sell licenses, and the occasional Hat... they have no experience first hand about importing electronics.
Atari was never an electronics company cut them some slack!
They are trying thier best Dang Namit! everyone chillax (yes I said chillax) they will get the consolez to you... eventually

Edited by OCAT
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, OCAT said:

^ They only sell licenses, and the occasional Hat... they have no experience first hand about importing electronics.
Atari was never an electronics company cut them some slack!
They are trying thier best Dang Namit! everyone chillax (yes I said chillax) they will get the consolez to you... eventually

There are lots of people out there with these skills, but Fake ATARI are too cheap or arrogant to employ them

Edited by Chopsus
PS totally Chill, just not a supporter of fakers

On 10/19/2020 at 3:50 PM, CPUWIZ said:

I can't say too much, but the units are in the U.S. already, boxed and ready to go.

If they are ready to go, in the good ole US of A then what is new Atari waiting on? Missing yet ANOTHER ship date just to keep up with their tradition of setting and missing ship dates??? 

Good gracious I don’t think this lame excuse for a company could stick their thumb up their butt or eat a taco correctly.

I just thought I would check back in to see what is going on and well, I’m not disappointed with the VCS misfires. What’s sad is if this thing, with all its misgivings, were to actually show up on a store shelf somewhere...I’d buy it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AlecRob said:

i only backed the loose onyx console with no controllers by the way

Interesting. I forgot there was a version with no controllers sold to the masses. Should be amusing to hear how they explain not providing those specific units to those that are waiting for them.

• Like 1

^
-We ran out of boxes
-Sickness, mandatory 31 days isolation
-We ran out of those dessicant things, waiting for shipment
-The Dollar store across the street ran out of bubble wrap, can't ship without it and the other stores charge too much.
-Someone lost an ear ring, so we have to open up all the boxes again and make sure it did not fall in, might take a while.

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

If they are ready to go, in the good ole US of A then what is new Atari waiting on? Missing yet ANOTHER ship date just to keep up with their tradition of setting and missing ship dates???

The units could be sitting in a container at the port of entry, waiting for either Customs or Nutari to deal with <insert bureaucratic requirement(s) here> before they can be released.  That would technically put them in the US, so they could claim that everything has arrived.

Of course, it's well beyond Nutari's comprehension that this is where working with a Customs broker in advance of the shipment leaving Shenzen would have been a good idea, but then again Customs brokers generally want actual money to perform their job and don't accept payment in Atacocoin.

• Haha 7

^ Imagine if that is the problem!!!
The people with the shipment are holding it hostage until Ataco&Co deliver the cash first, they see on the internets that these guys dont generally pay people for work, so they want the money up front and Atari ran out of it (allegedly)

If I was a shareholder I would be deeply concerned. I would not want my money tied up in a debacle when there could be a Taco sale soon. You have to look at Value of return, either keep the 10,000 shares or buy that Taco platter and eat like a King before they come clean with the bad news.

???? ??

Edited by OCAT

1 hour ago, x=usr(1536) said:

The units could be sitting in a container at the port of entry, waiting for either Customs or Nutari to deal with <insert bureaucratic requirement(s) here> before they can be released.  That would technically put them in the US, so they could claim that everything has arrived.

Of course, it's well beyond Nutari's comprehension that this is where working with a Customs broker in advance of the shipment leaving Shenzen would have been a good idea, but then again Customs brokers generally want actual money to perform their job and don't accept payment in Atacocoin.

Good point on the payment issue, seeing how they stiffed the architect of the PCB. Yea, so who knows how they will get around this one ?

• Like 1