IGNORED

The Atari VCS Controversies Thread

Mockduck

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

Next week is November. :ponder:

Yes it is, but review what they have said ... they are not in a position to ship next week ... nor will they be by mid November ... perhaps last week of November when you add up all the things they have said ... New Years may happen for USA backers, but not international Backers if they are shipping via Standard Mail ... I’d love to know what happened to that US$45 I gave them for shipping ... what a rip off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Chopsus said:

Yes it is, but review what they have said ... they are not in a position to ship next week ... nor will they be by mid November ... perhaps last week of November when you add up all the things they have said ... New Years may happen for USA backers, but not international Backers if they are shipping via Standard Mail ... I’d love to know what happened to that US$45 I gave them for shipping ... what a rip off.

I’d say that $45 went for some blow or hookers, just my guess.

At this juncture these clowns couldn’t affix postage to an envelope correctly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

I’d say that $45 went for some blow or hookers, just my guess.

At this juncture these clowns couldn’t affix postage to an envelope correctly.

I'm sure they did it at an Atari hotel too. See I found the evidence that it happened.

s_PhillyFlasher_2.thumb.png.5d33c05b640140e827ffebac1d494691.png

• Haha 7

2 weeks to get into US. 

Assuming no customs issues several days to a week to get to their warehouse. 

A day minimum for product testing / confirmation. 

Rest of the week to package orders to ship out. 

Week to arrive if it wasn't covid Christmas, so perhaps two. 

2nd or 3rd week of December for first units in backers hands. If I wasn't a religious denomination that completely rejects gambling I would bet all my savings (in atari coin) on that being the earliest date anyone gets one. So you might get it for Christmas but it's still a bit of a stretch.

That GunTech game looks mildly interesting, and it's obviously already out on apple store and steam, I'll likely buy it on sale (on a pc) . 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, TACODON said:

Atari doesn't product test. I'd bet money on that also.

It'd be hilarious to juxtapose the report of factory workers using calipers to line up USB ports, with the inevitable articles complaining about how the OS keeps crashing and the board overheats when it tries to run Tic-Tac-Toe.

Edited by godslabrat
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, TACODON said:

I can't wait to see how the backers spin the wait into a plus. Like come on guys. Atari is just dragging them all along for a ride and they can't wait for more.

It's going to be "made even better" by the wait.  Because those boxes will improve so much sitting in a warehouse.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TACODON said:

I can't wait to see how the backers spin the wait into a plus. Like come on guys. Atari is just dragging them all along for a ride and they can't wait for more.

They are making it better!....

Oops joke already done. Maybe backers will have to drive to their nearest Atari Hotel and pick it up?

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 2

How sad.  In the three years this fiasco has gone on, I've been a beta tester and built 3 custom Atari 8-bit PCB recreations.  The 1088XEL in 2017, the 1088XLD in 2019, and just tonight completed the build of the 576NUC+.  These were all designed by one guy (AA user @mytek).  The assclowns at FakeTari took $3 million and still have nothing to show for it.  Stunning.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1