IGNORED

The Atari VCS Controversies Thread

Mockduck

6 hours ago, TACODON said:

I can see the IGG comments now...

There is a ripped bag of white powder gumming up the cooling fan on my VCS. Please advise me Atari.

Are we sure the comments won't be more "Oh man, I LOVE this awesome white powder dispenser feature. Every time I use it, everything around me looks like an Atari game, wooo! Do I have to wait weeks or months for my next refill?"

• Haha 6

So addresses have been locked on Backerkit.

I’d bet this is simply FArtari pushing buttons to make it look like it is doing something.

I seriously doubt we are going to see this thing ship soon, certainly not by the promised Thanksgiving LOL!

It’s sad that stating the obvious, often before another FArtari delay, results in accusations of Trolling ... the IGG crowd are in some serious denial of who is responsible for their pain.

• Like 3

FAtari have posted another update:

The good news is that a small number of the Classic Joysticks we have been waiting for were finally released by customs and delivered to the fulfilment center. While there are no guarantees, we anticipate the balance will be released and arrive very soon so that the sorting and packing may begin. Yes, for the first time, finished VCS units, controllers and joysticks are all in the same place at the same time!

Accordingly, and in anticipation of imminent shipping”

... more talk and no indication of actual action 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Chopsus said:

While there are no guarantees, we anticipate the balance will be released and arrive very soon so that the sorting and packing may begin.

No, we can't start putting them together, until we have tape. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 10/30/2020 at 6:25 PM, Mikebloke said:

2 weeks to get into US. 

Assuming no customs issues several days to a week to get to their warehouse. 

A day minimum for product testing / confirmation. 

Rest of the week to package orders to ship out. 

Week to arrive if it wasn't covid Christmas, so perhaps two. 

2nd or 3rd week of December for first units in backers hands. If I wasn't a religious denomination that completely rejects gambling I would bet all my savings (in atari coin) on that being the earliest date anyone gets one. So you might get it for Christmas but it's still a bit of a stretch.

Progress!!!!111oneoneonewonwonwunwun

Its taken 4 weeks 1 day (29th of October was announcement) to get stateside (via airmail) and through customs. It still has to be picked up by courier from customs though.

Eagerly awaiting the news in December when it reaches their warehouse and they start fulfilling orders and confirming my timeframe.

Edit: Ok, Atari did say this before as part of their announcement on the 29th of October:

• After being delayed due to a late-arriving part, all Classic Joysticks for backers are now scheduled to start departing the factory on 11/5/2020.
  • To mitigate this additional delay, Atari has now arranged to import the joysticks from China via air freight, rather than by traditional trans-ocean shipping. This will significantly reduce the travel time from the typical 6+ weeks, down to 10-14 days.

So they have technically kept relatively close to this timescale.

Edited by Mikebloke
  • Like 1

Minor update, Atari has released a Thanksgiving update, claiming the first of their classic joysticks from PowerA have arrived. From the email:

The good news is that a small number of the Classic Joysticks we have been waiting for were finally released by customs and delivered to the fulfilment center. While there are no guarantees, we anticipate the balance will be released and arrive very soon so that the sorting and packing may begin. Yes, for the first time, finished VCS units, controllers and joysticks are all in the same place at the same time!

Accordingly, and in anticipation of imminent shipping, we have begun the process of locking addresses and charging cards for any extra items added via Backerkit.

Well, sounds like the saga of the Mega Atari Vault game machine being on the market will begin soon. Execs at Sony and Microsoft are surely sweating bullets.

Has Jeff Minter said that he's completed Tempest 4000 for it yet, or is the check still "in the mail" on that one? Any other devs other than that one guy say that they got a unit?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 11/24/2020 at 12:23 PM, TACODON said:

@Chopsus you really need to stop causing so much trouble in the IGG comment section. It is the Thunder Dome again!

He must be onto something right if they pay that much attention to him.

11 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

In any event, we're getting off-topic and it's not even about tacos.

It always has been and always will be about tacos. Unless it becomes about hot sauce, to put on your tacos.

11 hours ago, TACODON said:

It isn't like we have much else to discuss. 

9 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Good point.

So, read any good books lately?

No, but I been having some good family fun entertainment playing with family and friends on the Switch. There are a lot of good deals out there on Switch right now. Got two first party Nintendo games for the price of one. About to start cruising the digital sales. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Well, sounds like the saga of the Mega Atari Vault game machine being on the market will begin soon. Execs at Sony and Microsoft are surely sweating bullets.

Has Jeff Minter said that he's completed Tempest 4000 for it yet, or is the check still "in the mail" on that one? Any other devs other than that one guy say that they got a unit?

Speaking of Tempest 4000, it's 75% off in the Steam sale.

Vault, Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic and Missile Command are also discounted.

That wraps up my summary of worthwhile Atari products for the year. ?

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, AlecRob said:

It wouldnt be emulation, because the VCS is a PC

It sounds as though you may have a fundamental misunderstanding of what emulation is and how it works.

We'll save virtualisation and containerisation for a later discussion.

Edited by x=usr(1536)

11 minutes ago, AlecRob said:

It wouldnt be emulation, because the VCS is a PC

So why wouldn't someone just buy a PC instead?  Also, why is Atari saying companies are developing games to run on their system, if the system is just a PC?  Wouldn't said games also be able to run on a PC?

• Like 2