IGNORED

The Atari VCS Controversies Thread

Mockduck

11 hours ago, TACODON said:

Well if you are warm to basic and do some HardWork I bet you could make a Knight Rider game for this thing? What say ye men?

How can we overcome the fact that Kinkos is long gone though?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I guess Frederic Chesnais just cannot bring himself to part with all those consoles... perhaps he is a closet hoarder? you never know, I have a family member that suffers from this. Hard to deal with, they just can't let go of WORTHLESS JUNK  ?

"Farce" seems to sum up this crowdfunder, or Perhaps he is waiting so he can brand this as the new 2021 Atari VCS, i mean only a month away so might as well wait it out. But I am getting impatient, I want to see the reviews on this thing, I need my entertainment, I waited too ling for the backers to not get the units, I generally hate reaction videos but I want to see people react to this. 

???? group1
?????? group 2 <----- probably the most likely.
???????? group 3

Over the past hour, Atari has been getting the word out about their shipping plans. Looks like people who were among the first to secure one - should - be getting shipping information next week. From the email:

Hello backers! We have a quick update before the weekend:

While we are still waiting for some of the joysticks, we now have enough to get things going while we wait for the rest to arrive.

The warehouse will begin the sorting, packing, and shipping of Atari VCS hardware starting next week according to order sequence and regardless of geography. International backers please make sure you have a travel plug or adapter to make the US plug on the Atari VCS work in your country.

Everyone please also note that you will need an internet connection to activate your unit. Finally, watch for the campaign header on the Indiegogo page to switch to “Shipping.”

We will of course be in touch with more info and cannot wait for you all to get your Atari VCS units, joysticks and controllers!

Have a great weekend! 

-- The Atari VCS Team

Also posted publicly by Atari on Twitter.

Well, we are now in the "DAYS" not weeks stage... Hold on to your Tacos? , this is going to be a WiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiLD RIDE!!! ?

Oh I cant wait...  backers get the units it will be a Festivus miracle and Youtube reviews galore.  If Atari stalls again it will be shame shame shame!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TACODON said:

The IGG comments section has declared this mission accomplished. No need to ship anything. Just say you are close. Good enough for those rubes.

Yes, but given Atari SA's track record of following through on all of their promises regarding the VCS in a communicative and timely manner, it's not unreasonable to think that this time will be no different.

image.png.044b1ce38111e033c8436aa1635205f9.png

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Yes, but given Atari SA's track record of following through on all of their promises regarding the VCS in a communicative and timely manner, it's not unreasonable to think that this time will be no different.

image.png.044b1ce38111e033c8436aa1635205f9.png

My thoughts exactly ... the probability of them shipping anywhere near the 11,000 backers units is very, very slim ... my bet is they will hand prick and pack the vocal supporters first in order to make it look like something is happening ... that may be as few as 10 units dispatched given how rah rah the fanboyes are.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mockduck said:

International backers please make sure you have a travel plug or adapter to make the US plug on the Atari VCS work in your country.

-- The Atari VCS Team

Seriously ? 

In 2018, 19, 20, 21 ????

As they only ask for a travel plug, I hope they manage the 110/220 volts issues, and that they are not using a proprietary plug on the VCS side (but that would mean personnal reserach and work, so I guess this is standard), and everyone on Earth will have a replacement cable somewhere at home...

Edited by Fadest
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

^ Any death Adapter will suffice,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESIzuV6kdWY
no way they are going to supply a $0.10 item in every box,I expect that in 3 years time when you buy an iPhone not only will the charging block not be included, but they will remove the cable, earphones AND the phone as well, all you will get is an empty box with Apple stickers in them and teh fan bois will priase Apple for the minimalism ?

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1