IGNORED

Atari Server Problems (VCS Logins/Store etc.)

82-T/A

I had my VCS unplugged for about ~2 months... just been really busy. I tried plugging it in today, and it wouldn't accept my PIN. What's worse... it doesn't appear as though ANY of my e-mail addresses work with the Atari VCS system. I had purchased dozens of games... pretty much had bought every Atari VCS game that was available as of 2 months ago... and I can't log in, and can't reset my pin. I get this error message. I already e-mailed Atari VCS, and I know they'll make it right... but I really hope I haven't lost everything... the Atari VCS has to be a system that I can unplug for an extended period of time and not have it kill it. But that said, it sounds like they deleted my account somehow?

IMG_2961.thumb.JPG.3a4592676c7616a8287ba5d7a9927a66.JPG

Edited by justclaws
renamed thread for clarity, searching later.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

I had my VCS unplugged for about ~2 months... just been really busy. I tried plugging it in today, and it wouldn't accept my PIN. What's worse... it doesn't appear as though ANY of my e-mail addresses work with the Atari VCS system. I had purchased dozens of games... pretty much had bought every Atari VCS game that was available as of 2 months ago... and I can't log in, and can't reset my pin. I get this error message. I already e-mailed Atari VCS, and I know they'll make it right... but I really hope I haven't lost everything... the Atari VCS has to be a system that I can unplug for an extended period of time and not have it kill it. But that said, it sounds like they deleted my account somehow?

Looking at the screenshot, it looks like a temporary glitch at the back-end to me.
The account is not tied to a single VCS.

I have more than one VCS, and I can login on to any VCS with the same account.

I did in fact, setup a test account for a friend, earlier this year, and she forgot the
password. Resetting the password was no problem, only last week. (Glitch free.)

The video referred to above, about using a replacement VCS, is linked here.
His video-gaming basement and house got flooded, and so he had to start again.

9 hours ago, Nall3k said:

I don’t know how an account can be deleted by unplugging the system, wait to hear back from Atari and see what they think. Has anyone else had issues like this?

Yeah, and just to be clear, this post isn't to bash Atari or anything, I just needed emotional support... hahah. I'm a huge fan of Atari. I'll post whatever they say on here and how it gets resolved.

7 hours ago, SabertoothRetro said:

That's really weird. I know the YouTuber Retro Rich had house damage and had to get a replacement VCS. He was able to log back in and redownload all of his games from the store and onto his new console. 

I hope you can get it sorted. 

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

3 hours ago, justclaws said:

Looking at the screenshot, it looks like a temporary glitch at the back-end to me.
The account is not tied to a single VCS.

I have more than one VCS, and I can login on to any VCS with the same account.

I did in fact, setup a test account for a friend, earlier this year, and she forgot the
password. Resetting the password was no problem, only last week. (Glitch free.)

The video referred to above, about using a replacement VCS, is linked here.
His video-gaming basement and house got flooded, and so he had to start again

Thanks Just Claws... I've been thinking about buying a second one for my guest room, so totally not a problem... I just am concerned because I also cannot log into the Atari VCS website either. It doesn't recognize any of my e-mail addresses, so I'm flipping out.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

Yeah, and just to be clear, this post isn't to bash Atari or anything, I just needed emotional support... hahah. I'm a huge fan of Atari. I'll post whatever they say on here and how it gets resolved.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Thanks Just Claws... I've been thinking about buying a second one for my guest room, so totally not a problem... I just am concerned because I also cannot log into the Atari VCS website either. It doesn't recognize any of my e-mail addresses, so I'm flipping out.

I understand. I'm happy to help with advice/tech trouble-shooting, where I can.
First thought, did you try it again, since you posted? It might have been just a temporary server error!

When you bought the games before, the email the receipt was sent to, should tie with your login PIN.
Don't worry, I'm really sure Atari will sort it out for you.
(Their first-line help-desk probably has to ask the tech-team though, because it's probably the first time.) ?

Oh, and always, if your system would be corrupted etc., the games are always there, still link to your a/c.
You can make physical media of your games!
If you put a USB stick in your VCS (or of course a USB disk drive) you can backup your games to the stick.
Only that one account owner can play those games, though.

Even if you reinstall your whole VCS, or get a new one after a fire/flood etc., you could connect the drive,
and the VCS would recognise that your account has the right to play those games, and they'll be there.

• Thanks 1

Hello guys!. I have a problem with my just acquired VCS. I bought it used. I have been trying to create a new account with no luck. After providing my nickname and email address, I click “continue” and nothing happens. The VCS just does not register my account. My VCS is connected to the WiFi. I connected the VCS to my Ethernet and have the same problem. I cannot buy any games in the store neither and my VCS informs “a problem has occurred”. Can you guys help me?. Any advised is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

13 hours ago, DragonSlayer said:

Hello guys!. I have a problem with my just acquired VCS. I bought it used. I have been trying to create a new account with no luck. After providing my nickname and email address, I click “continue” and nothing happens. The VCS just does not register my account. My VCS is connected to the WiFi. I connected the VCS to my Ethernet and have the same problem. I cannot buy any games in the store neither and my VCS informs “a problem has occurred”. Can you guys help me?. Any advised is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Was this a used VCS or just one that was bought extra to sell on E-Bay?  Did you log in as a "Guest" first?  There were some bugs in the early OS versions that locked you out of things if you logged in as a guest.  Your best bet is to create a ticket with VCS Support HERE.  They will get back to you in a day or so and help you get sorted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

Was this a used VCS or just one that was bought extra to sell on E-Bay?  Did you log in as a "Guest" first?  There were some bugs in the early OS versions that locked you out of things if you logged in as a guest.  Your best bet is to create a ticket with VCS Support HERE.  They will get back to you in a day or so and help you get sorted.

I bought the VCS used. When turned on, first thing I did was to connect it to the WIFI successfully. Then I tried to create a new account with no success. Then I tried to create the new account as a guest with equal results. I contacted VCS support and created a ticket. Currently I am waiting for their reply.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

I’m having the same problem on my almost-new VCS. Working Correctly when I got it a couple of weeks ago, then for the last week have been unable to login and getting bearer token errors.

Here’s the latest response from Atari Support:

Thank you for the detailed report on your issue with logging in. Our engineering team is aware of the current issue where users are receiving "bearer token" errors while logging in. We are working on the issue and we hope to have it fixed this weekend, we will let you know as soon as we have it resolved. Thank you for your help. 

Atari Support 

• Like 2

I created a new account on my VCS (3 minute ago) to test the situation.
I got the email within 10 seconds, clicked the link, account activated and logged me in.

I will say that I noticed when I logged in with my normal account, it took longer than
usual to setup the Dashboard - probably about 15 seconds, compared to the usual 2-3,
so perhaps there has been a problem on the server end, like a DDOS attack, perhaps.

Anyway, it works. If it does not work for others, right now, it's probably still network
related. Why not a VCS problem, locally? Every VCS has the same software protocol,
and the system is checked at boot-up for corruption, and uses a backup if required.
If the network interfaces would be faulty, the system could not make any connection,
and people would not get an error message about a server error, or see any traffic.

I'm happy to help anybody, as I can, with trouble-shooting, as with DragonSlayer. ?

• Like 3

Support never e-mailed me back. I haven't tried in a couple of days, but I will attempt to do so tomorrow night. I understand they're staff limited, so I'm not really upset with it. I knew what I was buying, and I want them to succeed, but I do hope they fix this.

Because I basically no longer have an account... ??? with Atari, I am not going to be able to participate in the Black Friday deals that they just advertised... of which I would have basically bought everything. 

• Sad 1

This was from yesterday, they are still working on a fix:

We are very sorry for the delay but there is no fix yet. Our engineers are working on this to fix the issue. We will get back to you very soon as soon as the issue has been corrected. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Atari Support

Using a new Atari account results in the same outcome.

On 11/18/2021 at 4:36 PM, 82-T/A said:

IMG_2961.thumb.JPG.3a4592676c7616a8287ba5d7a9927a66.JPG

Hi, I am also getting the message "Bearer token not given for authenticate". I just sent a message to Atari. Did you ever hear back from them about a solution or did you figure out a solution? Thank you!

Bearer Token Chat 11/26/2021:
16:34
Isabel .: Hello Todd, sorry for the inconvenience, are you getting an error about a bearer token?
16:37Todd: yes, error about the bearer token
16:38Todd: I can't remember my pin and I was trying to reset it
16:39Isabel .: I understand, this is currently an issue on our side, our team is trying to fix this problem. Just to confirm, are you able to access as a guest? and check for updates?
16:39Todd: I can use guest, I did NOT try to check for updates
16:39Todd: do you have an ETA for the bearer token problem?
16:40Isabel .: Unfortunately I still don't have an ETA
16:40Isabel .: but I can open a support ticket to get back to you by email as soon as I have a word from the engineering department
16:40Todd: great, please do so
  • Like 1

Well looks like we may have a problem.

I went to buy a few games tonight on the store and my system took forever to load (sign on screen and dashboard), and when it finally did the store wouldn't even load. Pretty lame considering I was hoping to buy a slew of games. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I reset my wifi and unplugged the system while off. I had to hard reset a couple times as well. So lame. 

It almost feels like a boot loop error but it is actually loading up, it's just taking forever. And I have half the memory free so can't be that. Any help appreciated. 

6 minutes ago, Atarick said:

Well looks like we may have a problem.

I went to buy a few games tonight on the store and my system took forever to load (sign on screen and dashboard), and when it finally did the store wouldn't even load. Pretty lame considering I was hoping to buy a slew of games. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I reset my wifi and unplugged the system while off. I had to hard reset a couple times as well. So lame. 

It almost feels like a boot loop error but it is actually loading up, it's just taking forever. And I have half the memory free so can't be that. Any help appreciated. 

The store and other online features (friends) seem to be down. Users on Facebook are reporting the same issue. I thought it was just me but it's everyone.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Atarick said:

This is also happening to me. My best guess is that the system does some sort of online check when setting up the Dashboard and Atari is having issues with their servers. The reason I think this is that I let it run and it did eventually get me into the Dashboard. But the store will not load nor will Friends information. And I was able to open Chrome and browse as normal so it wasn't a hardware issue with the VCS. I would say Atari is having problems on their end.

Oh - I should mention. I rebooted my system because it stayed on a black screen for a while and I thought it had crashed. But letting it go for 30 seconds or so gets me to the Select Account screen and I am able to continue.

Edited by stirrell
  • Like 1

Ok cool, glad to know I don't have some faulty thing.

I reset my system again and sent a ping to my wifi, same deal. Extra 20 seconds to load the dashboard and extended length black screen. Store never loads. Hopefully they get this sorted soon.

Now, least they could do is keep that discount promotion going for an extra day, one would think.

Edited by Atarick
  • Like 2

Hello,

Yesterday, I updated my VCS, and when I tried to sign in, I get to the welcome screen where is says "Hi" and "Setting up your dashboard". But it sat like that for hours. I turned my system off and then back on and logged in as "guest" and it went to that dashboard no problem and I could browse the store. I didn't want to buy anything on the guest account, though. I checked the system update while I was on the "guest" account, and saw everything is updated. I wrote to Atari Customer Support yesterday, but I haven't received a reply yet. Any suggestions out there on what I should do? Thank you, AtariAge Community!