IGNORED

Laser Squad - 64KB & VBXE

xxl

2 hours ago, Jacques said:

Hi Jose, while it's quite nice in general, can something be done about blue shadows, please? 

They look a bit like paintjob flowing down off the blue armor ?

he could do a dithered black and color shadow or a dithered grey and black even a grey black and some other color shadow... a reflection of the color so to speak... that is all very possible

20 hours ago, ilmenit said:

Sounds like our beloved xbios is used again... I'm going to prepare some popcorn for watching upcoming sh*tstorm ;-)

Don't know if it'll be using xBios or not.

The loding screens always and back then used the normal Bitmap 4colours mode without DLIs so makes them possible to show while loading from tape or disk.

All @mariuszw game have them this way and were done by me so is again the same.

It's me that to have some more colours add the PMGs but all must be with no DLIs.

This is for all types and what now be or not used isn't my part nor the reason for the image be this way.

Thanks.

?

P.s.- Have a look at recently released game on the Flop disc magazine by @Fandal that I also did a screen (taking/mixing things from the BBC/Electron and C64 ones):

798692849_BoneCruncherloadingscreen.jpg.023e8358b8622df885a7c9a1f97586df.jpg

This one was made in Antic4 so is Charmode with PMGs but has then lots of DLIs for colours and even for different charsets down the screen.

Looks great? Yes, but couldn't if was to be present while loading. 

• Like 3

Yes, that shadows doesn't go well in blue and have the same opinion but the problem was that beeing the gray on the ground I would/will have to use black that then will be close and same as the guys shoes/contours.

I was going to try this but then totally forget, post the image here and sent it.

Now I did it and send back:

FINAL.png.cead8cf56ba0c1f47f3e6760d2fff596.png

FINAL.xex

To be honest I'm satisfied like is and and move on to other thinks.

So this the FINAL as the name says.

?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, José Pereira said:

Yes, that shadows doesn't go well in blue and have the same opinion but the problem was that beeing the gray on the ground I would/will have to use black that then will be close and same as the guys shoes/contours.

I was going to try this but then totally forget, post the image here and sent it.

Now I did it and send back:

FINAL.png.cead8cf56ba0c1f47f3e6760d2fff596.png

FINAL.xex 12.18 kB · 1 download

To be honest I'm satisfied like is and and move on to other thinks.

So this the FINAL as the name says.

?

SO CLOSE, Green Guys gun should still be grey with colored accents though... doesn't matter if if they're yellow, orange, red, or blue...

445129546_Loadingscreen_bitmapmode_noDLIs.png.4b74f3d3731a966fe2e0a0da5ef8811f.pngFINAL.png.cead8cf56ba0c1f47f3e6760d2fff596.png

like the guns in left picture... it really helps the picture as does the color in the lower right logo(blue bottom)the blade of course being grey is fine don't know if anything can be done on either side of the blade though and might not need it if in logo the ground color being orange red in the logo. I can see where the guys look much better in your final though! Especially the (multi tone orange/red/white/black guy) he's way better than the pink one for sure! Absolutely love the different tones in the men in the final picture, really turned out GREAT

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2021 at 5:05 PM, _The Doctor__ said:

SO CLOSE, Green Guys gun should still be grey with colored accents though... doesn't matter if if they're yellow, orange, red, or blue...

like the guns in left picture... it really helps the picture as does the color in the lower right logo(blue bottom)the blade of course being grey is fine don't know if anything can be done on either side of the blade though and might not need it if in logo the ground color being orange red in the logo. I can see where the guys look much better in your final though! Especially the (multi tone orange/red/white/black guy) he's way better than the pink one for sure! Absolutely love the different tones in the men in the final picture, really turned out GREAT

You're true and I also at first thought on all guns be the dark gray but then change to each one has its own colour like C64.

Also the reason was to have them 'shining' more vs the correspondant guys colour.

Never even tried it but after your post decided to give it a try and yes, seems to look much better:

1687038673_AllDLI.png.d121b882e61ee3bd06cc33d8250c6364.png

All DLI.xex

This way I had to change the middle guy hands to white so that they be distinctable to rest of the clothe/guy's body colours.

Think is more than good and time to move on to other things...

?

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/1/2021 at 6:03 PM, Atari8guy said:

Just curious, did 8-bitguy release sales numbers? I wondered if the A8 version would outsell the Apple II version, or even just how it did overall (probably still going a bit).

Just to answer that question, see diagram with the explanation here:

image.thumb.png.a713f940450110d8409c957fa65f50dd.png

(He mentioned sharing these numbers regularly in his Facebook group...)