IGNORED

Has anyone gotten source level debugging to work with ATasm 1.11, Altirra, and WUDSN IDE?

Tyrop

I see ATasm's change log now says it can make the .lab AND the .lst files that Altirra uses for source level debugging. I first downloaded  ATasm 1.09, but when run, it says it's version 1.06.  Then, I saw a link on the sourceforge page to a github page that has version 1.11.  That version creates a list file, but its contents are only a single line that says "mads (generated by atasm)".  I am using the WUDSN IDE to compile an xex file and send it to Altirra.  WUDSN has the parameters set to create the .lst file, the .lab file, and .atdbg file (which it does create in the same folder as the source and the xex file) but Altirra, executes xex file without loading the labels or the breakpoints.  WUDSN has the correct path to Altirra, and it is Altirra version 3.90.  I searched on this forum before I posted.  Anyone get this working?

Atasm does not generate the required information in the files. You need to use MADS. Converting from ATASM to MADS is easy. See the FAQ in the WUDSN IDE.

Edit: Just saw you are referring to a new version. I have not seen that yet. Probably it is most effektive if you contact  Mark  directly.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

you should also not use " .OPT LIST". If so the atasm generated list file contains only a single line.

One question, how to start altirra with parameter to load also the generated list file. The label file will be loaded, but not the list file.

wine "$ATARIXLEXE" \
/debug \
/debugcmd: ".loadsym Z:\\home\\develop\\lla\\game\\GAME.lab" \
/debugcmd: "bp 2000" \
/disk 'Z:\\home\\develop\\lla\\game\\start-game.atr'

This is my Altirra loader to start a program already in debug. But how can I insert the listing file.

As anyone knows, Altirra can't create xex files.