IGNORED

New AV 2600jr PAL PCB - soon

Sikor

After a long struggle with X-angel and my wailing, a new board has been created - a replacement for 2600jr in PAL version. The main change is the removal of the modulator, improvement of some parts and fitting everything to the standard 2600jr case (and replacements in this form). The AV output can be via AV jack (on a special doughterboard, as shown in the pictures) - then it fits into a hole left by an antenna slot or via DIN5 connector (small Atari standard - requires drilling a bigger hole). Alternatively, based on the doughterboard you can make your own standard socket.

Where? Probably on the end of this year. PCB only.

SAM_3833.thumb.JPG.7099a91a7785d200a5678b5e305b2964.JPGSAM_3834.thumb.JPG.656998261541fa429f73bf4ae259cd71.JPGSAM_3835.thumb.JPG.7e0710d6eb50acede6e5d4b701fb4764.JPGSAM_3836.thumb.JPG.14266b606983870b0c61e08310f3d490.JPGSAM_3837.thumb.JPG.0ad664003783b654831aeb8b952f0f28.JPG

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 2:33 PM, Sikor said:

After a long struggle with X-angel and my wailing, a new board has been created - a replacement for 2600jr in PAL version. The main change is the removal of the modulator, improvement of some parts and fitting everything to the standard 2600jr case (and replacements in this form). The AV output can be via AV jack (on a special doughterboard, as shown in the pictures) - then it fits into a hole left by an antenna slot or via DIN5 connector (small Atari standard - requires drilling a bigger hole). Alternatively, based on the doughterboard you can make your own standard socket.

Where? Probably on the end of this year. PCB only.

SAM_3833.thumb.JPG.7099a91a7785d200a5678b5e305b2964.JPGSAM_3834.thumb.JPG.656998261541fa429f73bf4ae259cd71.JPGSAM_3835.thumb.JPG.7e0710d6eb50acede6e5d4b701fb4764.JPGSAM_3836.thumb.JPG.14266b606983870b0c61e08310f3d490.JPG

Is that a brand new cartridge slot? Where did you source it?

15 hours ago, Yurkie said:

Is that a brand new cartridge slot? Where did you source it?

It isn't new.

15 hours ago, Yurkie said:

After getting your PAL version running, will you make an NTSC please?

To many differences and no parts to test it property ?

• 5 weeks later...
18 hours ago, larryleffaovell said:

When is it available? What price?

From next week. Ok, from monday.

Price: 18 EUR / US $21 plus shiping cost. PAL only.

18 hours ago, larryleffaovell said:

No Facebook account?

No ;)

www.sikorsoft.waw.pl - page is still in development ;) I have no time to do it in proper way ? (webpage)

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sikor said:

So, i see it was bad decision to make it. It is too small market to refund cost.

Pretty sure, sadly. But you did it anyway and that's great - leaving glory and honor. Nothing you can buy something from, but for me you will remain the one who did it. Thanks a lot!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I eventually got this working, no fault of the board, I had a slightly flakey TIA which had some jailbars, and I ended up messing around with the video output circuits, to get it better but still not good.

6 months later, I've ended up with a few Jr boards, none of which produce video, and decided to use the red board to test the main chips, as it's got sockets.  I ended up adding the video circuit I use in most of my mods.  As this is now a test board, the select and reset switches are now directly soldered on.

With these TIAs video output is perfectly fine, no issues at all.

P1080386.JPG

On 6/27/2022 at 11:12 AM, marauder666 said:

I eventually got this working, no fault of the board, I had a slightly flakey TIA which had some jailbars, and I ended up messing around with the video output circuits, to get it better but still not good.

6 months later, I've ended up with a few Jr boards, none of which produce video, and decided to use the red board to test the main chips, as it's got sockets.  I ended up adding the video circuit I use in most of my mods.  As this is now a test board, the select and reset switches are now directly soldered on.

With these TIAs video output is perfectly fine, no issues at all.

Looking good :)

I am struggling with some parts, trying to figure out which exact Specs they should be (C1, C2...) - do you have a shopping cart-link which I can use? :)

Edited by Emwee

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Emwee said:

;) well, got the parts... 

Board #13 is alive (and I know that #15 is also alive)

Well done! But the same question to you: Did you use an old ROM socket connector or a new one? If the latter, where to get from? I think I have found one (this one or from it's series), but haven't ordered it yet...

Edited by larryleffaovell