Sikor

New AV 2600jr PAL PCB - soon

After a long struggle with X-angel and my wailing, a new board has been created - a replacement for 2600jr in PAL version. The main change is the removal of the modulator, improvement of some parts and fitting everything to the standard 2600jr case (and replacements in this form). The AV output can be via AV jack (on a special doughterboard, as shown in the pictures) - then it fits into a hole left by an antenna slot or via DIN5 connector (small Atari standard - requires drilling a bigger hole). Alternatively, based on the doughterboard you can make your own standard socket.

Where? Probably on the end of this year. PCB only.

SAM_3833.thumb.JPG.7099a91a7785d200a5678b5e305b2964.JPGSAM_3834.thumb.JPG.656998261541fa429f73bf4ae259cd71.JPGSAM_3835.thumb.JPG.7e0710d6eb50acede6e5d4b701fb4764.JPGSAM_3836.thumb.JPG.14266b606983870b0c61e08310f3d490.JPGSAM_3837.thumb.JPG.0ad664003783b654831aeb8b952f0f28.JPG

• Like 7

After getting your PAL version running, will you make an NTSC please?

On 11/26/2021 at 2:33 PM, Sikor said:

After a long struggle with X-angel and my wailing, a new board has been created - a replacement for 2600jr in PAL version. The main change is the removal of the modulator, improvement of some parts and fitting everything to the standard 2600jr case (and replacements in this form). The AV output can be via AV jack (on a special doughterboard, as shown in the pictures) - then it fits into a hole left by an antenna slot or via DIN5 connector (small Atari standard - requires drilling a bigger hole). Alternatively, based on the doughterboard you can make your own standard socket.

Where? Probably on the end of this year. PCB only.

SAM_3833.thumb.JPG.7099a91a7785d200a5678b5e305b2964.JPGSAM_3834.thumb.JPG.656998261541fa429f73bf4ae259cd71.JPGSAM_3835.thumb.JPG.7e0710d6eb50acede6e5d4b701fb4764.JPGSAM_3836.thumb.JPG.14266b606983870b0c61e08310f3d490.JPG

Is that a brand new cartridge slot? Where did you source it?

15 hours ago, Yurkie said:

Is that a brand new cartridge slot? Where did you source it?

It isn't new.

15 hours ago, Yurkie said:

After getting your PAL version running, will you make an NTSC please?

To many differences and no parts to test it property 😕

10 minutes ago, Sikor said:

And finally... Tadam:

I have no facebook profile - so, I don't exist ;P

Great! When is it available? What price? Still interested in one, maybe two, shipping to Germany.

No Facebook account? Me neither, so no matter :)

18 hours ago, larryleffaovell said:

When is it available? What price?

From next week. Ok, from monday.

Price: 18 EUR / US $21 plus shiping cost. PAL only.

18 hours ago, larryleffaovell said:

No Facebook account?

No ;)

www.sikorsoft.waw.pl - page is still in development ;) I have no time to do it in proper way 😕 (webpage)

I'll also be after one of these boards.

Always wanted to build a 2600 from scratch, and I think I've got most of the parts already.

Is there a manual/schematics to guide the assembly?  The PCB seem to use different components from the original JR.

Manual - no, schematics will be attach. Most components can be replaced from original jr, but yes, there are some different parts. And i dont make BOM yet, but all components other than Atari chips (and cartridge port) are standard.

So, i see it was bad decision to make it. It is too small market to refund cost.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sikor said:

So, i see it was bad decision to make it. It is too small market to refund cost.

Pretty sure, sadly. But you did it anyway and that's great - leaving glory and honor. Nothing you can buy something from, but for me you will remain the one who did it. Thanks a lot!

I am happy that I found this thread - can't wait to get my hands on the PCB :)

Thanks for it!

Got my PCBs today - soooo now it's time to collect the needed parts :)

Atari_17_2600JR_AVMod_Board.thumb.jpg.632a94d7c399db676447570ada6fd159.jpg  Atari_18_2600JR_AVMod_Board.thumb.jpg.ac681c8409598e6e0ca82fac3b7a20ae.jpg

I eventually got this working, no fault of the board, I had a slightly flakey TIA which had some jailbars, and I ended up messing around with the video output circuits, to get it better but still not good.

6 months later, I've ended up with a few Jr boards, none of which produce video, and decided to use the red board to test the main chips, as it's got sockets.  I ended up adding the video circuit I use in most of my mods.  As this is now a test board, the select and reset switches are now directly soldered on.

With these TIAs video output is perfectly fine, no issues at all.

P1080386.JPG

On 6/27/2022 at 11:12 AM, marauder666 said:

I eventually got this working, no fault of the board, I had a slightly flakey TIA which had some jailbars, and I ended up messing around with the video output circuits, to get it better but still not good.

6 months later, I've ended up with a few Jr boards, none of which produce video, and decided to use the red board to test the main chips, as it's got sockets.  I ended up adding the video circuit I use in most of my mods.  As this is now a test board, the select and reset switches are now directly soldered on.

With these TIAs video output is perfectly fine, no issues at all.

Looking good :)

I am struggling with some parts, trying to figure out which exact Specs they should be (C1, C2...) - do you have a shopping cart-link which I can use? :)

Edited by Emwee