IGNORED

s the Lynx I/II McWill LED screen compatibility

oski_98

Hello all, this is my first post. Apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered. I did a search but it's possible I didn't use the right keywords and honestly I gave up searching after about 15 minutes.

My question: Is the Lynx II McWill LED screen at all compatible with the Lynx I? Based on my comparison of the installation instructions, the main difference is the circuitry for switching through the various screen modes, but otherwise it seems like they are compatible?

Reason I ask is I bought one to repair a Lynx II, but during the repair I discovered the original LED screen was fine (I prefer to keep them as original as possible). Since then I've been trolling eBay for a Lynx II with a bad screen but found a Lynx I with a bad screen instead, so I'm wondering if I could maybe use the Lynx II McWill on a Lynx I?

On 11/28/2021 at 10:21 PM, oski_98 said:
My question: Is the Lynx II McWill LED screen at all compatible with the Lynx I? Based on my comparison of the installation instructions, the main difference is the circuitry for switching through the various screen modes, but otherwise it seems like they are compatible?

No,

They are different designs which, is why when ordering a McWill or BennVenn screen, you have to make sure you are ordering for the right model. In the case of the McWill LCDs, they are even on different PCB boards due to differences in mounting the screens.

What will really bake your noodle are those earlier made Lynx II units that do actually use the Lynx 1 LCD in them. Had a similar situation come up with just that very thing. I ordered the model 2 screens expecting a model 2 Lynx and a model 2 Lynx did arrive, but did NOT use the same LCD assemblies and the model 2 screen I had ordered would not work on that model 2. I had to order a model 1 screen and wire that in place of it.