IGNORED

A problem with an 825 printer.

Peri Noid

I have a question regarding an 825 printer. I managed to buy one. Unfortunately, it seems, there's something wrong with it - after powering on, it starts to feed the paper constantly. At first I had a though, that maybe it needed to be connected to the computer. So I got a cable to connect it with an 850 interface, which I had earlier. Seems I have the full set required for it to work. But it didn't help. I checked the paper feed switch - it's OK. Do you have any suggestions, what can be the cause? Maybe there exists a repair manual? These printers seem rare here in Poland and therefore it may be impossible to find people familiar with service of such printers.

Thanks.

262302898_10227375921850274_6235155919349933337_n.jpg

what do you have for mains power? did It get fried?

did you load the paper and is the paper retention down in place?

here's the manual

https://ia601007.us.archive.org/20/items/Atari825PrinterOperatorsManual/Atari 825 Printer Operators manual_text.pdf

pages 6-11 some notes then operation follows.

pay close attention the the paper reverse/forward switch and that it is not stuck, or have anything lodged in it... check it's spring.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

Thank you for your answer.

The printer needs an American voltage so I must use the voltage converter - but it works as it should. Unfortunately, I have completly no idea about the history of this printer - yet I expect, it never met our European 220/230 voltage since it still has its original power plug.

I tried loading the paper but it changes nothing. When powered up (with or without the paper), the printer rotates the roller for a fraction of a second, then stops for ~1s and then starts rotating again forever. If I move the head manually to the right, it returns to the left when I turn the power on.