IGNORED

Intellivision Day 2021 is almost Here!

First Spear

After reading that thread, it seems that I participated actively in the creation of that screen by helping Shazz define the color stack array, and working through the limitations ... for some reason I must have blocked it out.  I know that robot and music gave me nightmares! LOL

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 3:17 PM, DZ-Jay said:

After reading that thread, it seems that I participated actively in the creation of that screen by helping Shazz define the color stack array, and working through the limitations ... for some reason I must have blocked it out.  I know that robot and music gave me nightmares! LOL

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread.

For Intellivision Day, since it *is* December, I got in some pre-play on Christmas Carol. I say pre-play because it has become a recent holiday tradition to get some time in with the kids. My 14-yo of course rolled his eyes when I pulled out the Christmas Carol book, as teenagers do.

Now for something OT on the OT, I found that the .dz domain has a lot of available space, so buying "jay.dz" is a possibility. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 8:38 AM, DZ-Jay said:

Ah.  I believe there is a library that @catsfolly created to support Colored Squares mode as if the screen were one big, blocky bitmap.

I think it was for IntyBASIC, although I can't remember, since he also made Assembly Language programs in the past.

dZ.

Actually in 2016 GroovyBee wrote a Coloured Squares library for Intybasic, which allowed people to plot points on the Intellivision colored square screen like it was a blocky bitmap.

I used his routines to write a colored squares "Snake" game and "Mirror Snake" game. The routines were easy to understand and use.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/248436-colored-squares-snake-game-wip/?tab=comments#comment-3436089

Back in 2014, I wrote some assembly language routines to do colored square sprites on the Intellivision. These routines would draw colored square sprites, including transparent areas, on the colored square screen.

811583971_blitdemo.gif.5961c552f647739485017f8aef1ef1a6.gif

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/228743-big-blocky-things-on-my-intellivision/?tab=comments#comment-3055184

I have never released the assembly language routines, but I am tempted to rewrite them in IntyBasic just to see how fast they would run...

Catsfolly

• Like 4

4 hours ago, catsfolly said:

Actually in 2016 GroovyBee wrote a Coloured Squares library for Intybasic, which allowed people to plot points on the Intellivision colored square screen like it was a blocky bitmap.

I used his routines to write a colored squares "Snake" game and "Mirror Snake" game. The routines were easy to understand and use.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/248436-colored-squares-snake-game-wip/?tab=comments#comment-3436089

Back in 2014, I wrote some assembly language routines to do colored square sprites on the Intellivision. These routines would draw colored square sprites, including transparent areas, on the colored square screen.

811583971_blitdemo.gif.5961c552f647739485017f8aef1ef1a6.gif

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/228743-big-blocky-things-on-my-intellivision/?tab=comments#comment-3055184

I have never released the assembly language routines, but I am tempted to rewrite them in IntyBasic just to see how fast they would run...

Catsfolly

Thanks, @catsfolly.  It seems I mixed up those two pieces of code.  Thank you for posting them directly.  If you would like some help translating the bloxy sprites code into IntyBASIC, I could assist.

UPDATE:  The bloxel plotting library is included in the example program "colorsq.bas" in the "Contributions" folder of the IntyBASIC SDK.

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 4