IGNORED

New section for Unreleased/Anticipated Consoles?

Flojomojo

What if unreleased products were placed in their own section? When they get released, they could get “promoted” to Dedicated Consoles, or Modern Consoles, Emulation, or wherever would be most appropriate. 

I’ve noticed a lot of squabbling over unfinished products, with some people expressing their anticipation, and others waiting to see it before they believe it. Maybe these products shouldn’t be given the benefit of the doubt until after they’ve proven themselves? Until the product is released, both merits and problems are just speculative.

Sometimes good intentions don’t work out as expected. Sometimes there are surprise sleeper hits. Both outcomes deserve a chance at both incubation and skepticism without being defended or attacked. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

I think this would be a fantastic idea. I see that @Swami who has long since vanished from this website altogether, laugh-reacted to the first two posts in this thread. I'm just curious as to you why you feel that way, if you'd like to elaborate?

Edited by Pink

It sounds like unnecessary work for Albert or some other admin to have a rumor mill section, and once the project has materialized, move the associated topics elsewhere. Usually those new devices have such a limited following that one or two threads are enough anyway, unless we begin to speculate about PlayStation 6, Xbox Series 720 or Nintendo Firewall which eventually would get enough traction to possibly warrant own sections (not because those would lack discussion support elsewhere, but because a significant number of AA members would have interest in those systems).

• Like 1