IGNORED

6502 Tutorial

Sauron

These come from the NES Development page.

6502 Microprocessor info

Assembly in one step

6502 Bugs

Undocumented Opcodes

I think there was a thread here already that had some information too. This is what I used to start out with, then I got a hold of Machine Language for Beginners from COMPUTE! and 6502 Assembly Language Programming by Lance Leventhal.

• Like 1

Analog magazine ran a great tutorial on Assembly language called Boot Camp. Started by Tom Hudson and continued by I believe Carl Weiger (sp?) which ran for quite a while. They also ran it again from the beginning in the last couple of years of Analog's run. Unfortunately the Digital Analog project has been going slow and only a couple of douzon (sp?) articles are on line. If you have any old Analogs and want to contribute to htmling them, I urge you to contact them.

http://www.cyberroach.com/analog/

In addition to Boot Camp I also recommend Atari Roots by Mark Andrews and Assembly Language Programming for the Atari Computers by Mark Chasin (The best Atari 8-bit/5200 assembly language book written in my opinion.)

Allan

If ya want to program 6502 for 8bit/5200 then get a copy of Atari Roots!

Atari Graphics and Arcae Game Design is quite useful as an overall tutorial - it delves into non DLI raster effects (so you can re-color sprites etc a la 2600 without DLI limitations) and also Software Sprite basics too...

If its gneral 6502 I would recommend the Computes Machine language for beginners series as a good set of books.

sTeVE

Thanks for the info guys! I'm actually hoping to start developing for the Lynx, and maybe move to the older consoles afterwards. I have actually done 6502 and 68k before, but it's been YEARS since I've done any kind of programming.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

The Fridge is also worth visiting:

http://www.ffd2.com/fridge/

There you find tons of 6502 assembly programms and techniques with sources and, more important an archive of the C64 online magazin 'C= Hacking'. I think in the first issues there was even an assembler course for beginners.

Greetings,

Manuel