IGNORED

Discarded Hero

nooly

I made a 4k game called "Discarded Hero". I had an idea for a game like this about 14 years ago. I worked in a big company and we used shredders quite often. Back then I just didn't have an idea how to execute it. About a year ago I was thinking what game should I make next, I remembered this very old idea and I brought it to life. It wasn't easy, tho. I made a working prototype in a week or so but only now, more than a year later, I finally found enough time and energy to finish it. 

THE STORY

You are president's aide and mr. president's term is suddenly coming to an end. You are couple of crazy corrupted magistrates and you've been "redirecting" public money. Yeah, redirecting straight to your wallets. The opposition called in an audit to investigate your suspicious contracts. Your goal is to shred all the sensitive documents before auditors show up. The "blue" guy is called Vratislav and "pink" lady is Jiřina. Any similarity to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

CONTROLS

In the menu you can choose if you want one or two player game (SELECT SWITCH). You can also choose game difficulty for each player here. If you're playing the game in beginner mode, documents get shredded faster, which saves precious time. You start the game with fire button. There's "get ready" screen displaying "!" during which you can can pause the game (BW/COLOR). Pausing in-game is not possible.

GAMEPLAY

Wait until your dot is in the dark grey area. Then you push and hold your FIRE button. You must keep the dot in the gray area with your joystick (LEFT/RIGHT) and after you succeed shredding a document you can finally  release the fire button and another document is ready for shredding. There is a time limit for each level (light gray line) and number of documents which are needed to be discarded before the time is up (yellow line). The difficulty is steadily rising until it's almost impossible to finish a level on advanced difficulty. Two player mode is a cooperative game, both magistrates are working together to shred documents before the time is up.

CREDITS
I programmed it in bB and I also created music and sounds. Phob made the gfx. Hopefully it will make fun for most of you, enjoy! :]

DH1.thumb.png.0e806cd6deff62f95b8ce83bdc141a25.pngDH2.thumb.png.4854c3970b5c4e52bd1f7e4b35cb5d89.png

Discarded_Hero_1.00_NTSC.bin

Edited by nooly
  • Like 6

Hey Nooly, it's a pretty cool concept and looks great! I love the music at the beginning also, and has a groove to it!

Do you mind if I do a review of this game on my YouTube Channel? 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQvHGI_aB0e6SuyrvQGkoYQ

Let me know! I'm reviewing a lot of 2600 stuff right now, and it might be cool for others to see what others are doing as far as creating new games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Discarded Hero on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...