IGNORED

Looking to buy a Commodore 128 Complete in Box

thegenerallee86

For $200-250 you’re looking at just the bare system, maybe with power supply. If you want something complete in box, be prepared to pay upwards of $400, depending on condition. If you really want something completely complete and in excellent condition with a 1571 drive, you’re looking at a good 6-700 dollars. Crazy how expensive C128s have gotten. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, bluejay said:

For $200-250 you’re looking at just the bare system, maybe with power supply. If you want something complete in box, be prepared to pay upwards of $400, depending on condition. If you really want something completely complete and in excellent condition with a 1571 drive, you’re looking at a good 6-700 dollars. Crazy how expensive C128s have gotten. 

Had no idea the price had went up that much. I remember getting a 128 complete in box in really really nice shape. Had boxed 1571 drive, mouse and GEO Works CIB. I paid less than $100 and that was shipped. Back then I was seeing boxed C64s for $5-$10 at thrift stores and flea markets. That was probably 20 years ago so obviously not recent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, discotronic said:

Had no idea the price had went up that much. I remember getting a 128 complete in box in really really nice shape. Had boxed 1571 drive, mouse and GEO Works CIB. I paid less than $100 and that was shipped. Back then I was seeing boxed C64s for $5-$10 at thrift stores and flea markets. That was probably 20 years ago so obviously not recent. 

I've paid about 289 for VIC 20 with disk drive and tape drive complete in box and 14 Games and My Commodore 64 with Disk Drive and Complete in Box as well for 240 or so and that is USD.

Yeah, I acquired my C128 around a year and a half ago for $400 shipped, a not so CIB (boxed with manual and psu but nothing else) unit in great condition with an equally not so CIB 1571 drive along with a few knick knacks for $400 shipped. And it looks like prices have gone up since then too. The C128 is an awesome unit and I do hope you acquire one, but chances of getting a pristine CIB one with a 1571 drive for $250 are less than slim. Good luck.