IGNORED

Give an 80's Legend for Christmas - SOLD!

PeBo

Vectrex System  (tons software/extras)
$600 CDN

Local Pick Up Only (Toronto, Canada)

w/ VEC adapt (sega joystick adapter)
Lightpen (Magic Marker homemade)

Multicart 3.0 (w/ overlays for Pole Position, Spinball and two generics)

and...

Original Carts (no boxes/manuals):        
Armor Attack (w/ overlay)
Berzerk (w/ overlay)
Bedlam (w/ overlay)
Clean Sweep (w/ overlay)
Cosmic Cavern (w/ overlay)
Heads-Up (w/ overlay)
Hyper Chase (w/ overlay)
Rip-Off (w/ overlay)
Scramble (w/ overlay)
Solar Quest (w/ overlay)
Spike (w/ overlay)
Star Castle (w/ overlay)
Star Trek (w/ overlay)
Star Hawk (w/ overlay)
WebWarp (w/ overlay)

Home Brews With Boxes, Manuals AND Overlays:
Vector Pilot (Time Pilot Clone)
Vextrexian (Galaxian Clone)
Vextor Patrol (The BEST Moon Patrol ever...w/ battery backed high scores)
Stramash Zone (BattleZone Clone) - Pictured

This unit has never been recapped or anti-buzzed. Screen is crystal clear but slightly askew, indicating that recapping is overdue, but unit functions well, and the slight skew still lines up with all overlays. (Note only the display appears slightly askew...the photo below where the whole console is skewed is because I suck at photos)
Overlays are 100% pristine and have been kept under plastic covers in a 3 ring binder
Caveat: one joystick port is not functioning.

vectrex.jpg

Edited by PeBo
addition
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, socrates63 said:

Wow, what an awesome deal. If you're interested in selling the four homebrews separately, I'd be very interested.

I always try to put my systems back into the community at a price that thumbs my nose at those who would take advantage of collectors for ludicrous profits. Not so much an "awesome deal" as simply as a fair price for the system.

But sorry, it was difficult enough to post this listing (I truly love the Vectrex),. So if I have to start splitting it up, I'll just keep it, and seek alternatives sources with which to supplement my budget (anybody looking for an out-of-shape geriatric born-again virgin for a good time...prone to unexpected naps).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/7/2021 at 11:05 AM, PeBo said:

Not so much an "awesome deal" as simply as a fair price for the system.

Nah, man, at list price, the homebrews alone cost half of what you’re charging. That’s an insanely low price. Could you just sell some of those and keep the system? I would feel really bad if you let it go and wanted to keep it…

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 3:53 PM, jgkspsx said:

Nah, man, at list price, the homebrews alone cost half of what you’re charging. That’s an insanely low price. Could you just sell some of those and keep the system? I would feel really bad if you let it go and wanted to keep it…

I think we're all a little unduly influenced by eBay pricing...

If the home brew is worth half of what I sold it for. then that's $300. So a bunch of carts without manuals, a homemade magic marker light pen and the system sold for $300.

$300 for a 40 year old video game console is absolutely a fair price when being sold by an enthusiast within the retro-enthuisiast community. (Just as my two 4 MB STE's with a shitload of peripherals was a fair price at $500. (Even though POTENTIAL value was probably 3-4 times that price)

Only those of us into retro-tech are interested, and we should all try to make things as affordable as possible for each other.

A couple decades ago this shit would have all ended-up in landfills and many wives would have been happy to get rid of it to get the spare room back!

Don;t go by the inflated price of appraisers and NOS hoarders and eBay profiteers, Think of buying and selling within your family, which is what I did.

When I started collecting for the TI-99, kind sellers cut me major slack on pricing (like a massive DataBioTic/Funware rarety collections for a couple hundred dollars).

They paid it forward, so now so am I.

Anyway, it's Christmas!

• Like 2

Kristof and Jim sold their games for about $80 US each including shipping, so for those four alone the original price was likely US$360 or CA$466. The VecAdapt with shipping from Australia was another US$70 if I remember right. 

eBay prices would be near the $2000 mark for all of this stuff, but in terms of what you paid you must have taken twenty five cents on the dollar?

I try to be generous when selling on here, but you’re a saint!