IGNORED

INCOGNITO ATARI 800 FJC FIRMWARE cannot access CF card

fasteddy

I've had my Incognito installed for about two years and I still haven't formatted the CF card I got for it! Why? Because I took the CF card from my Atarimax MyIDE II and plugged it in and it has worked perfectly and flawlessly in my Incognito since. I use the same CF card for both my Atari's and the two different CF loaders.

I'm just pointing out how easy it should be...I'm saving my other CF card as a back up for the future.

12 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

@fasteddy  IMHO if you have the option to send the Incognito board back to the seller to test the CF functionality, and/or then get a replacement - that seems the best way to be sure. If it works with their setup at least it narrows things down.

Yes I agree, I will be doing that very soon. The seller said he would test it out and if it is bad he will send me a new one. If it works at his end, at least I will know the problem is elsewhere.

12 hours ago, candle said:

IC looks fine, so next logical test would be to issue some ATA commands with memory monitor and see what is in the registers

perhaps Jon has some test suites for this from early stages

you could also see if my original loader works (you can run it from sio)

fat32-incognito.xex 10.98 kB · 4 downloads

Thank you for supplying the original loader file and for your suggestions. I tried the original loader, but all I got was the SIDE Loader title on the top and scrolling text at the bottom of the screen. I was able to do nothing else on the screen. I will be sending the Incognito back to the seller to check it out.

3 hours ago, fasteddy said:

Yes I agree, I will be doing that very soon. The seller said he would test it out and if it is bad he will send me a new one. If it works at his end, at least I will know the problem is elsewhere.

@fasteddy  Sure, makes sense. IMHO probably also worth sending all your CF cards you have tried with it. Unlikely all are an issue but it gives the seller more to eliminate, and narrowing things down is the goal. Hopefully it'll be a straightforward Incognito replacement. :grin: Good luck.

7 hours ago, fasteddy said:

Thank you for supplying the original loader file and for your suggestions. I tried the original loader, but all I got was the SIDE Loader title on the top and scrolling text at the bottom of the screen. I was able to do nothing else on the screen. I will be sending the Incognito back to the seller to check it out.

this mean that it could not access CF card either - at least we have consisten picture here

back to the manufacturer it goes, unless you can test it with another 800

• 4 weeks later...

Just as a follow up to the conversation. I sent the Incognito back to the seller as well as my CF cards. He determined that the Incognito was defective and sent me a working replacement along with my CF cards and everything is now working. Thank you to everyone who provided input.

Edited by fasteddy
  • Like 5