IGNORED

New Atari Lynx demos at Sillyventure 2021

Fadest

Seems like @42bs and New Generation (@laoo @solo/ng @miker and sorry for the ones I forgot) striked again.

The timecode of the video should be set to the Lynx compos, but you can also have a look on other productions.

Warp42 and Fuji Rot from @42bs are nice single effects (probably in 128 bytes I guess ?)

Planet Techno for NG is once again a masterpiece megademo.

Can't wait to have time to download them (is there a link yet) and check them on real hardware (tomorrow will be less crazy :D )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Silly Ventures was nice. But the time of day was a bit late for me. I literally fell asleep after the Lynx Demo section. Perhaps I am getting older?

This reminds me of a friend a few years older than me. He wanted to try his luck on Tinder and was very surprised when a woman swept right on him. He then asked when they should meet at a bar.

She said "What about at ten o'clock?".

The guy said "In the evening???"

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, laoo said:

@42bs Meh... it's overrated ?

And thanks, but the demo was actually made entirely by Solo/NG as he used the engine from Unlit. It was first time that we really reused something in assembly and I had nothing to do :)

I remember back in time, there were demo construction sets. So you made your own. Cool.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 42bs said:

I remember back in time, there were demo construction sets. So you made your own. Cool.

It helps a lot (data management especially). Proably one of the best demo tools were https://github.com/farbrausch/fr_public . they made so many (and great) productions with it. Now going to we focus on better tools for games (Lynx included), so more games in future :). 

• Like 6