IGNORED

Narrow Escape Ebay

Jodeus

4 hours ago, Jodeus said:

Just curious why a complete copy of Narrow Escape just sold on eBay for $2000?

Prices like that have me tempted to start selling!

-Jody

That shocked me as well.  I recently sold my copy for a LOT less than that. Like maybe 15% of that.  Mine wasn’t complete with wheel, but did have box & game. 

4 hours ago, Jodeus said:

Just curious why a complete copy of Narrow Escape just sold on eBay for $2000?

Prices like that have me tempted to start selling!

-Jody

3D Narrow Escape isn't sold often but a price of $2000 is far too much. I just had a look at the bidding history and it was two bidders, only. Looks like both bidders really wanted this item badly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 2:57 PM, Vectrexer said:

Maybe more shill bidding by some WATA crew in performance of fake pricing statistics generation?  Hope not.

Wata ya know, my first thoughts as well.  Somebody that wants to buy up all of the 3D Narrow Escapes, sells their own and buys it back for some ridiculous price.  They are out the eBay fees... but probably a good deal if you are trying to get everyone to start liquidating their collections.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 1:08 PM, Atari_Bill said:

That shocked me as well.  I recently sold my copy for a LOT less than that. Like maybe 15% of that.  Mine wasn’t complete with wheel, but did have box & game. 

While the boxed games are nice enough condition, they seem to be too questionably WATA 'ishy. IMHO the sale prices at that level are happening way too soon to be realistically counted as an average auction proceedings for the Vectrex.  Tor Vectrex 3D Narrow Escape or any other Vectrex 3D title (Crazy Coaster, Mine Storm). Even considering the current retro craze.

But I guess i could be wrong,,,,   uh-huh.....