IGNORED

NOT A POLL: What game(s) do you actually play most?

Irgendwer

The A8 library is expansive. I have a bunch of games that I play from time to time. I'm not a big gamer per se, but I get on kicks with various games for a whole day, a weekend, or for months when I have my little bits of free time. It would take some time to go through the library to come up with any kind of meaningful list. I've posted short lists on these "top 5", "top 10", "top sports", etc. threads over the years. I guess that would be some start for the matter.

TBH, I'd like to spend time playing more involved sims and so forth, but I currently only have time for the types of games I can play relatively quickly. I find these more involved kinds of games just as interesting as all-out action games; I appreciate the thought and intelligence that goes into them, and enjoy the more intellectual experience; the same goes for good puzzle games -- but obviously on a different level. All your puzzle-type games are on that list.

Eventually, a big part of my list will show up on the website I plan to create for Atari 8-bit games. As with my other sites, this will be focused on quality rather than quantity.

So many that I keep going back to, but the top few: Dropzone, Elektraglide, Mr. Do, Fort Apocalypse, Pac-Man 2012, Boulderdash II, Blue Max, The Last Starfighter, Scramble, Rainbow Walker, Ballblazer, Yoomp, Bounty Bob Strikes Back, Star Raiders, Pooyan, Stealth, Pole Position, Bombjack, Commando

• Like 1

Yoomp!, Cubico, Assembloids, Karateka, International Karate Championship, Summer Games, Conan, Goonies, 221B Baker Street, Bruce Lee, Zorro, Donkey Kong, Joust, Pac-Man, Ms. Pacman, Track 'n Field, Pitfall II, Montezuma's Revenge, The Last Starfighter, BallBlazer, Hardball, Ultima IV, Zork, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Ghost Busters, Eidolon

Edited by pixelmischief

My child's and I often are playing "go lucky" on A8 or the game that inspired me to write this on the Wii - "boom street". Some of the party games on the Wii are played, too

Then FIFA, NHL or a quick run in one of the Forza titles on the Xbox.