IGNORED

NOT A POLL: What game(s) do you actually play most?

Irgendwer

• 3 months later...

Thanks for adding me to atariage :-)

I just resurrected my wife Atari XEGS from the attic...incredible, after many years in cold, humidity and moving in different European countries it still worked first try. There was a problem with the buttons but after using it a bit seems absolutely fine now!

I even bought a sio2sd from lotharek.pl (excellent product and service) I'm now happily enjoying playing:

River Raid (I had an Atari 800 XL in the 80s but not this game unfortunately)  

Screaming Wings (downloaded it recently but seems a great game)

Donkey Kong (bought the original Atari 400 brown cartridge on ebay for nothing a while ago when I was not even sure the XEGS was still working).

@Druuna  Welcome back. You are in for a treat as besides all the old back catalogue of classics, there are many new games coming out. Last year was amazing for new games/ports.

Suggest you have a good look on AA anyways as a wealth of info.

Some games to check out:

Prince of Persia (128K)

Flob

Final Assault

The Last Squadron (if you like Screaming wings you will love this)

Albert

Gacek (standard Atari 8-bit version)

:grin:

Also this site is a good place for finding info about new games (often links back to AA): http://www.indieretronews.com/

Edited by Beeblebrox

M.U.L.E., of course!

While I don't usually take a picture of the screen, here's the final status summary of my best game ever from March 5, 2022.  I only took a picture because I never scored that high before.  You can see I did sell my crystite during the last sale.

(I always play as blue.)

.march_5_2022.thumb.JPG.e17c193115325f0e555226307ac5233e.JPG

Thank you for the list @Beeblebrox they look incredible graphics, will have to try them on the XEGS very soon.

Right now I'm 100% focused on River Raid, what a game, really enjoying it!!! 

BTW I also have an Atari Portfolio but no idea how to load stuff on it as I can't find anymore its interface to PC, I'm not using it too much as the screen is starting to give up unfortunately ?

3 hours ago, Druuna said:

Thank you for the list @Beeblebrox they look incredible graphics, will have to try them on the XEGS very soon.

Right now I'm 100% focused on River Raid, what a game, really enjoying it!!! 

BTW I also have an Atari Portfolio but no idea how to load stuff on it as I can't find anymore its interface to PC, I'm not using it too much as the screen is starting to give up unfortunately ?

@Druuna  No worries. If you get yourself a cart like AVG, SIDE2 or 3, or an Atarimax cart you can play games like Atariblast! (2016) which is such a fantastic shooter and an astonishing showcase for what the Atari can do. River raid passed me by I must admint...will revisit it:). (Not had much to do with the ol Portfolio - I think I owned one briefly once in the 90s but not really my thing). I am sure there is a forum on AA for it though.

Here is 2016's Atariblast! in all it's glory:

Also check out another one of my all time late 80's favs, Henry's house:

Another fun platformer is Crownland (2012?):

Flob (2021) is an utterly stunning game in all respects with amazing longevity, gameplay mechanics, gorgeous handdrawn graphics and animation, stunning music and IMHO it is a modern masterpeice - and damn is it quick:

Check out Ridiculous Reality (2014?) - amazing game mechanics and a very fast, challenging and fun game:

Finally here's 2021's The Last Squadron - this is an amazing shooter:

....ah hell - I can't not show Final Assault off - 3D raycasting FPS on the A8!!!

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

I never play games... that having been said when I started testing my hardware back in October 21, I played a few games for test purposes...

Centipede, One on One and Leader Board

I have never actually won a computer game. :)