IGNORED

Game cart label Varient

I received a bunch of games today and this one cart struck me as odd. Its a late intv style white label Hockey cart in box, no NHL logo. I have seen many white label carts, but this is the first time i noticed the "1979" in lower right corner. Is this normal?  (Im directing this at Cmart...lol)

I dont collect the white label carts so im unsure.

20211216_170417.jpg

It's listed on INTVFunhosue so it's a known variant: http://www.intvfunhouse.com/games/nhl.php

I swear I often see this where the text is almost purple instead of black. Not sure if that is fading or an odd batch of ink due to the questionable quality control of Intellivision Inc.

On an unrelated note...Psycho Stormtrooper is a real person and not just the name of the set of orphan overlays?!?!?!?

16 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

It's listed on INTVFunhosue so it's a known variant: http://www.intvfunhouse.com/games/nhl.php

I swear I often see this where the text is almost purple instead of black. Not sure if that is fading or an odd batch of ink due to the questionable quality control of Intellivision Inc.

On an unrelated note...Psycho Stormtrooper is a real person and not just the name of the set of orphan overlays?!?!?!?

Yes... thats me. Psycho Stormtrooper.

I noticed the purle text also. Must have something to do with the ink on that run of games. They all came from the same printer obviously.

4 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I received a bunch of games today and this one cart struck me as odd. Its a late intv style white label Hockey cart in box, no NHL logo. I have seen many white label carts, but this is the first time i noticed the "1979" in lower right corner. Is this normal?  (Im directing this at Cmart...lol)

I dont collect the white label carts so im unsure.

20211216_170417.jpg

Yah it’s funny, every time I see this one I think it’s rarer than it is. Having said that, Hockey is a tougher Intellivision Inc game to find in general so there aren’t a ton of these around. 

Its so strange ( but historically significant) that they put the years on some labels ( of the white label carts).

Its like they were letting the user know when the game was first released. I wonder if that was their intention or just a happy accident?

I think thats pretty cool.

Edited by Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog