IGNORED

new LTOFlash Not Recognized by any computer

AtariSociety

Howdy, I was gifted a factory packed and new LTOFlash.  I have tried two different cables and 3 different Mac OS computers and when clicking the Find Devices button in the GUI software, my new LTOFlash is not seen.  Just says none detected.

From a Mac Mini on OS 10.14 to a MacBook Pro on OS 11.1 to a Mac Pro on OS 12.  Two different cables too.

Could my device be defective or is this an issue with Mac OS?

Sorry, I have no access to a Windows computer.  Only Ubuntu 18.04lts or Mac OS.

I did message the two email address on the LTO website http://ltoflash.leftturnonly.info but so far no response back.  I messaged the my serial # and basically the info I typed above.

Thanks for the ear if you have any other advice for me to try.

TJ

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

There are some Mac specific notes here.

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/intvfunhouse/ltoflash/

Contact page for the software author here.

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/sendmessage/sendmessage.php?recipient=0&subject=Hey there, INTV Funhouse Webmaster...&message=

He is active on Atariage, and usually responds here.

Thank you.

I had already tried these.

Non allow the LTOFlash I have to be detected on multiple computers with various Mac OS on them, unfortunately.

I will try your contact link though.  I had sent emails to the two on the main page so not sure if this is any different but worth a try.

Thank you.

TJ

10 hours ago, AtariSociety said:

Thank you.

I had already tried these.

Non allow the LTOFlash I have to be detected on multiple computers with various Mac OS on them, unfortunately.

I will try your contact link though.  I had sent emails to the two on the main page so not sure if this is any different but worth a try.

Thank you.

TJ

Can you use the USB cables to send data over them with other devices? There are a lot of charging only cables out there. 

7 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

Can you use the USB cables to send data over them with other devices? There are a lot of charging only cables out there. 

I will get explore this. Had no idea micro USB could be charge only. Thought that was Apple Thunder cables. I will have to see if I have any such devices that used data on them too.  Thanks for the idea. TJ

On 12/19/2021 at 12:46 AM, AtariSociety said:

Howdy, I was gifted a factory packed and new LTOFlash.  I have tried two different cables and 3 different Mac OS computers and when clicking the Find Devices button in the GUI software, my new LTOFlash is not seen.  Just says none detected.

From a Mac Mini on OS 10.14 to a MacBook Pro on OS 11.1 to a Mac Pro on OS 12.  Two different cables too.

Could my device be defective or is this an issue with Mac OS?

Sorry, I have no access to a Windows computer.  Only Ubuntu 18.04lts or Mac OS.

I did message the two email address on the LTO website http://ltoflash.leftturnonly.info but so far no response back.  I messaged the my serial # and basically the info I typed above.

Thanks for the ear if you have any other advice for me to try.

TJ

Hey TJ.  Love the videos

Yes. You can use Linux.  I am running the LTO GUI on Linux Ubuntu laptop.  You need to install WINE and run the windows version 

iMarkup_20211220_102235.jpg

iMarkup_20211220_102326.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RetroAl said:

I just went through this myself.  I used my micro USB from my PS4 to get it to work.  High probability is the cable you are using.

I think my wife's Kindle may use a micro usb.  not sure.  I will have to check every device we have here.  I have plenty but all seem to be charging a keyboard or device of some kind.

Thanks for the note about you also having the same issue.  Hopefully this is the case with mine too.

TJ

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rietveld said:

Hey TJ.  Love the videos

Yes. You can use Linux.  I am running the LTO GUI on Linux Ubuntu laptop.  You need to install WINE and run the windows version 

iMarkup_20211220_102235.jpg

iMarkup_20211220_102326.jpg

Thanks for that.  I did install Wine long long ago.  Was so hit and miss on what it ran I seldom used it.  Not sure I still have it on this computer but something for me to explore.

Thanks again!

TJ

16 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

That Was It!

I borrowed my wife's Amazon device cable and bam boom bing... the cart now is seen and works!

Thanks so much!

TJ

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1