IGNORED

Best Electronics : Has anyone actually been inside?

widowsson

I love the service that B. Koda provides, and have never had a problem with ordering, and the service is top notch!

Has anyone here ever actually been inside Best Electronics? Is it open to the public to enter?

I have the image in my head that it would be like going inside Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory, and would be amazing!!!!

• Haha 3

There is no inside and you are highly discouraged from just showing up, AFAIK.  I lived close to there in the 90's, there is nothing really to it, I am sure you can find some older pics from around that time on Google image search.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, widowsson said:

I have the image in my head that it would be like going inside Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory, and would be amazing!!!!

I was thinking more like an episode of Hoarders but everything inside is Atari.

• Like 5

I know I've read stories of people picking up orders in the past, but would not be surprised at all if that's no longer the case.  I'm not sure anyone's seen the interior of the warehouse at all where all the inventory is stored.  I don't even think I've ever seen photos of it.

..Al

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Albert said:

I know I've read stories of people picking up orders in the past, but would not be surprised at all if that's no longer the case.  I'm not sure anyone's seen the interior of the warehouse at all where all the inventory is stored.  I don't even think I've ever seen photos of it.

..Al

Pics of the warehouse have been published.

10 minutes ago, Albert said:

Yeah, that makes me wonder just how long that dish has been sitting on the building.  How long has Best occupied it?

..Al

According to archive.org:

On June 29th, 2001, Best's website gave their address as 2021 The Alameda, Suite 290, San Jose, CA 95126.

As of the next capture on July 1st, 2001, the website says that they are now at 672 Commercial Street, San Jose, CA 95112, and phone numbers have also changed.

Looks like Best has been in there for 20 years at this point.  I suspect that 672 Commercial may have always been the warehouse and that 2021 The Alameda was the office address.

36 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Looks like Best has been in there for 20 years at this point.  I suspect that 672 Commercial may have always been the warehouse and that 2021 The Alameda was the office address.

Agreed. Photos below are of 2021 The Alameda, and it is most certainly an office complex.

2021-The-Alameda-San-Jose-CA-Building-Photo-10-Large.jpg

2021-The-Alameda-San-Jose-CA-Building-Photo-9-Large.jpg

2021-The-Alameda-San-Jose-CA-Building-Photo-7-Large.jpg

2021-The-Alameda-San-Jose-CA-Building-Photo-8-Large.jpg

2021-The-Alameda-San-Jose-CA-Aerial-5-Large.jpg

2021-The-Alameda-San-Jose-CA-Aerial-6-Large.jpg

2021-The-Alameda-San-Jose-CA-Building-Photo-3-Large.jpg

Edited by widowsson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

According to archive.org:

On June 29th, 2001, Best's website gave their address as 2021 The Alameda, Suite 290, San Jose, CA 95126.

As of the next capture on July 1st, 2001, the website says that they are now at 672 Commercial Street, San Jose, CA 95112, and phone numbers have also changed.

The property apparently has 3 different addresses affiliated with it, per the Santa Clara County Assessor:

Screenshot_20211219-185832_Chrome~2.jpg

I picked up some parts from Best at that building in 2007. I live nearby, so I asked to "pick up" when I placed my order, and then I got a phone call to arrange a time. I remember a normal-enough front office with a desk and filing cabinets, and a brief conversation with the friendly-enough owner.

I would've found any excuse to talk Atari for an hour or peek back into the warehouse, but he was all business, so I went on my way. He didn't strike me as the "talk your ear off, hang out all afternoon" kind of person you sometimes meet in this hobby. Alas.

Edited by kskunk
  • Like 2