IGNORED

FujiNet - hangs when loading SpartaDOS ATRs

windracer

I just received my FujiNet 1.6 (updated to firmware version 0.5.cec57d6a) and for the most part everything is working great (such a cool little tool!). I've got it connected to my Atari 800XL (with 256k RAMBO upgrade) and I'm able to run ATR images from remote TNFS connections, the local SD card, and even set up my own TNFS server on a spare RPi. 

The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to boot any SpartaDOS 3.2 ATR disk images. I've tried the various ones on the supplied TNFS sites, and also from the SD card, and different versions (3.2d, 3.2g). The Atari starts to boot (and the orange SIO LED flickers on the FujiNet) and then it just hangs. I'm able to load the same ATR images in the Atari800WinPlus emulator just fine, but I know sometimes the emulators are more forgiving than the actual hardware. 

Is there a trick or something I'm missing to getting SpartaDOS 3.2 running through the FujiNet?

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, windracer said:

I just received my FujiNet 1.6 (updated to firmware version 0.5.cec57d6a) and for the most part everything is working great (such a cool little tool!). I've got it connected to my Atari 800XL (with 256k RAMBO upgrade) and I'm able to run ATR images from remote TNFS connections, the local SD card, and even set up my own TNFS server on a spare RPi. 

The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to boot any SpartaDOS 3.2 ATR disk images. I've tried the various ones on the supplied TNFS sites, and also from the SD card, and different versions (3.2d, 3.2g). The Atari starts to boot (and the orange SIO LED flickers on the FujiNet) and then it just hangs. I'm able to load the same ATR images in the Atari800WinPlus emulator just fine, but I know sometimes the emulators are more forgiving than the actual hardware. 

Is there a trick or something I'm missing to getting SpartaDOS 3.2 running through the FujiNet?

Thanks!

the high speed routines in SpartaDOS 3.x top out at divisor 0x06, set your high speed divisor to 0x06 using the web admin, and try again. (http://fujinet/)

-Thom

depends on the DOS, some device are adaptive... and give data at the same speed as requests are made, some use a forced blanket setting and then there are problems....

Each DOS has it's own limit and SpartaDOS  as well  as SpartaDOS X have their one groups of filters and drivers... for instance a PClink driver can go all the way to ZERO... no problems at all.... some devices won't allow you to use both without switching it manually each time (a real PITA) ... others will do so happily or will do so within certain limits.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...