IGNORED

VCS Store Mix-Ups (e.g. icons and versions)

mario64

5 hours ago, Allpaul said:

This happed to me with the Apple TV+ app. It always showed Jetpack Joyride. I tried the same thing as you, and also reinstalled AtariOS. One day it just worked itself out. I'm not sure how.

Similar problem for me. The icon for Apple TV+ was blank for the longest time. Then it got fixed at some point ?‍♂️.

4 hours ago, Kris1977 said:

Finally got my VCS going about 9:30 Pacific time. Got my account created and everything works good but Black Widow Recharged has a window running in of the screen. No other games have this.

PXL_20211227_060415758.MP.jpg

In this case, you accidentally became a part of a testing group for an update to the game!
Somebody at Atari, on Christmas Eve-1, pushed a test/development version of the game to the consumer VCS store.

I saw a user on Facebook report it, uninstalled my normal (weeks-old) version, and reinstalled it, and got this too.
I immediately sent a message on Discord to the developer, and some Atari contacts I'd made, and they confirmed it.

Sadly, as of yesterday, nobody had put the normal version (or a normally behaving update) on the store.
As soon as they do (perhaps today they have already?) you will either get an update notification on the game,
or uninstalling it, and reinstalling it from the VCS store, will get you the normal version. (I'm not at home today.)

It's annoying, but kind of funny, to become an accidental temporary tester because somebody goofed, at Atari. :-D 

• Haha 2

On 12/24/2021 at 4:09 AM, mario64 said:

I purchased Ninja Golf and the game plays fine but shows as VCS Collection 2. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still it shows the wrong . Anyone know how to fix this?

Somebody goofed, at Atari, with some update on the server. :-D 
Each game/application has a description file with it (I know, by investigating), and that defines the name etc..

Once somebody reports the mistake to Atari, their QA person will no doubt give the goofer a slap, and they'll fix it. :-D 
Then, on your VCS, the game will either show an update, or update automatically, and the name/icon will be fixed.

We all make mistakes when we're under pressure, but as a Linux sysadmin myself, dealing with servers which are
far away in a data centre, or which serve thousands of users (or even one user) I check, check, and check again,
before I click "commit" on an update like that, ha ha. It's the old "measure twice, cut once" thing, huh. Oh well...

• Like 3

On 12/23/2021 at 10:09 PM, mario64 said:

I purchased Ninja Golf and the game plays fine but the icon shows as VCS Collection 2. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still it shows the wrong icon. Anyone know how to fix this?

My Ninja Golf cover art also displays the Vault 2 logo. It looks so tacky lol. It's been this way for over a month now. Are they not aware of it?

On 12/28/2021 at 2:52 AM, Kris1977 said:

Now this test screen is gone but my controls are inverted. They're not in the options. Controls are off on Black Widow Recharged.

I contacted the developer and the producer via Discord.
I heard back from the producer (see the Recharged vlog series) that a new version was pushed a couple of hours ago to fix the issues.
I really hope they worked out how that happened, and how to prevent something like this happening again!