IGNORED

Intellivision POLL - Homebrew and Rom pricing

Rev

Intellivision Poll  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you play intellivision?

• About once a week
    • Every couple of weeks
    • Every few months
    • Few months or more
  2. 2. How do you play Intellivision games?

• Intv console and cartridge
    • Pc/Emulation
    • CC3
    • LTO Flash
    • Cartridge and LTO Flash
  3. 3. Homebrew preference

• Circuit board/cartridge only
    • Full boxed release
    • Digital ROM
    • Digital ROM & Physical
  4. 4. How many LTO Flash do you own?

• 5+
    • Do not own one
  5. 5. Do you use your LTO Flash?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. A good price point for physical homebrew boxed games

• 75.00+
    • Do not purchase
  7. 7. A good price for digital homebrew ROMS

• Free
    • Do not purchase
  8. 8. Do you download ROMs and play them?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont play ROMs

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Yeah, some of the options were a little confusing for me - just tried to answer with the choice that best described my habits.

E.g., I almost always play on real hardware via LTO flash.  I use physical carts when I can't dump the rom off of a homebrew cart.  So I chose "cartridge and LTO Flash" as my answer, even though only the first option mentioned playing on the real, physical console.

I picked "Digital ROM & Physical" as my preference for releases - I'm assuming that "Physical" in that choice means "Full boxed release".

But I'm hoping my answers give Rev the data he wants...  :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rick Reynolds said:

Yeah, some of the options were a little confusing for me - just tried to answer with the choice that best described my habits.

E.g., I almost always play on real hardware via LTO flash.  I use physical carts when I can't dump the rom off of a homebrew cart.  So I chose "cartridge and LTO Flash" as my answer, even though only the first option mentioned playing on the real, physical console.

I picked "Digital ROM & Physical" as my preference for releases - I'm assuming that "Physical" in that choice means "Full boxed release".

Your answers will be close enough.  Thanks for voting!

• Haha 1

I want to purchase a second LTO flash because the one I have was loaded with the roms by someone else.

I would like a second one so I dont mess up my original as I attempt to download roms by myself.

I do use my loaded LTO on original hardware as well as all my cartridges on my Intellivision 2.

I like physical boxed products as the visual presentation in my game room is still important to me after 40 years of video gaming.

I play and collect,probably both equally in my estimation. 

2 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I want to purchase a second LTO flash because the one I have was loaded with the roms by someone else.

I would like a second one so I dont mess up my original as I attempt to download roms by myself.

I do use my loaded LTO on original hardware as well as all my cartridges on my Intellivision 2.

I like physical boxed products as the visual presentation in my game room is still important to me after 40 years of video gaming.

I play and collect,probably both equally in my estimation. 

Loading the roms is easy once you do a few times. Keep at it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I submitted my $. 02.

@Rev, thank you for continuing to support the classic Inty community!

I have 2 LTO units because it is a physical thing and if it fails for any reason I wanted to have a backup ready. I do the same thing across my retro platforms when possi me, we can't count on supplies being around "forever". 

Now the complexity of that hits me with the DRM from Elektronite games. The DRUID means that a game paid-for on my one LTO Flash won't work on another one. So in the rare event, years from now, that one unit fails and Elektronite is no more, I will be out of luck. Realistically I am willing to take that long-term risk because the purchase cost over time is something that I can afford. 

I here to play the games and want that to be personally convenient, the rest doesn't matter tome as much. 

• Like 2

I am exclusively digital these days.

I do have a CC3 and 2 LTO's

I play some console.  But I really like the Ultimate Flashback.

I also checked both $5 and $10 for roms, because it depends on the game/how much I want it.

I have paid more in the past, but those were more of a donation/thank you purchase.

Just my 2 cents...  I think all physical releases should have a $5 or free digital included.  The roms could be signed with the cart number if you are worried about sharing.

I am past collecting CIB's and really just playing games these days.  So I have been on a winning streak with Rev and David releasing a bunch of roms recently.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cmart604 said:

I'd like to buy another LTO because Rev loaded mine for me which I thought was nice gesture until I realized the only thing he loaded on there were "tasteful" nudes of himself. ?

So he been stuffing Crunch chocolate wafer bar the LTO cartridge with a image of himself?(Sorry I had to visualize what tasteful nude would look like and is it edible.) 

9 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

I am exclusively digital these days.

I do have a CC3 and 2 LTO's

I play some console.  But I really like the Ultimate Flashback.

I also checked both $5 and $10 for roms, because it depends on the game/how much I want it.

I have paid more in the past, but those were more of a donation/thank you purchase.

Just my 2 cents...  I think all physical releases should have a $5 or free digital included.  The roms could be signed with the cart number if you are worried about sharing.

I am past collecting CIB's and really just playing games these days.  So I have been on a winning streak with Rev and David releasing a bunch of roms recently.

Thanks for the feedback!

23 hours ago, Rick Reynolds said:

Same! ? I always play on real hardware, via LTO Flash. I prefer playing with the ROM rather than cartridge, so I can keep it pristine. I'll only use the actual cart if I can't dump it via Atarimax.

17 hours ago, First Spear said:

I submitted my $. 02.

@Rev, thank you for continuing to support the classic Inty community!

I have 2 LTO units because it is a physical thing and if it fails for any reason I wanted to have a backup ready. I do the same thing across my retro platforms when possi me, we can't count on supplies being around "forever". 

Now the complexity of that hits me with the DRM from Elektronite games. The DRUID means that a game paid-for on my one LTO Flash won't work on another one. So in the rare event, years from now, that one unit fails and Elektronite is no more, I will be out of luck. Realistically I am willing to take that long-term risk because the purchase cost over time is something that I can afford. 

I here to play the games and want that to be personally convenient, the rest doesn't matter tome as much. 

Yeah.  Im not keen on roms stuck to one LTO Flash. 

Edited by Rev

2 hours ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Same! ? I always play on real hardware, via LTO Flash. I prefer playing with the ROM rather than cartridge, so I can keep it pristine. I'll only use the actual cart if I can't dump it via Atarimax.

I should included that in the poll.  How many people dump carts. 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1