IGNORED

I am dreaming of ...

mizapf

As I recently said, a White Christmas seems to become rarer in Germany ... but our memories may deceive us. The typical weather situation is that in the two weeks before Christmas, temperatures rise to +5°C and more, with light rains, overcast skies, not really nice with the short daylight.

This is a photo from today, and as it is so rare, I'd share it with you here. Maybe this counts as "almost white": a thin layer of snow on the cars and house roofs, and temperatures near the freezing point, around 0°C.

Any whiter Christmas out there?

FastWeißeWeihnacht.jpg

• Like 5

A green Christmas here in the Chicago area.  It's unseasonably warm throughout the central United States at the moment.  However, parts of the western U.S., especially the Pacific Northwest, I think have had some significant snow.  There's some snow in Maine, too.

2 hours ago, mizapf said:

Chilly ... YMMD. Perfect opportunity to de-ice your deep freezer.

Haha, no doubt :)

It has reached the temperature where when you breathe in through your nose, you can feel it freeze ;)

Edited by Tursi

I noticed 88% humidity yesterday evening. True to forecast, overnight about an inch fell. Pretty light and dry with 17f/-8c making a nice sparkly light show for opening presents. Wife got new cookware and an ipad 5th gen, I was gifted with flannel shirts and a shiatsu massager. Turkey last night and seafood medley today.

Hope everyone's was as nice!

• Like 1

Why did Tursi's photo now disappear, also with this forbidden symbol?

As for temperatures, we have again +10°C now. December is turning more and more to a dark version of October here. Yesterday I had to turn on the lights in my room at 15:00h, but the dark clouds moved away, and at 16:00 we had a short glimpse of sunshine.

This reminds me of my trip to Tromsø three years ago (northern Norway, 69°N) around New Year; see below a picture taken by me at 14:10h.

dsc09561k.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mizapf said:

Why did Tursi's photo now disappear, also with this forbidden symbol?

As for temperatures, we have again +10°C now. December is turning more and more to a dark version of October here. Yesterday I had to turn on the lights in my room at 15:00h, but the dark clouds moved away, and at 16:00 we had a short glimpse of sunshine.

This reminds me of my trip to Tromsø three years ago (northern Norway, 69°N) around New Year; see below a picture taken by me at 14:10h.

Lovely pic, though yes, very dark for 2pm!! ;)

I still see my pic above, though a couple of others have turned to failure symbols. Odd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oddemann said:

Born in this town!

Then you certainly know where I took that picture from. ?

For some reason, whenever I see Tromsø, I have that north pole town in mind from The Polar Express. Just without the big Christmas tree and the elves.

I should add that later that day, the clouds went away, and it became a bit brighter. I wandered down to Sydspissen, hoping to see some polar lights, but I was not lucky enough. No signs of the aurora. I had some nice views two years before when I was on Senja.

See my pictures on www.mizapf.de

• Like 1