IGNORED

Creativision games

lucifershalo

I had a look at these games on YouTube, just out of curiosity. Some of them look nice and sufficiently polished to be worth porting, and if someone ported them and grouped them up into a cheap multicart, or maybe just released them as ROM files only, I think ColecoVision fans would be interested. It's not a project I would pursue myself, however, I'm way to busy already with ongoing projects.

• Thanks 1

All Creativision Games are all of "clone" of arcade game.

I love that console.  I had already thought to take inspiration of some of these game to do my own. I love how they changed the original license of games to do their own.

This console is a kind of colecovision with a 6502.    And it cames before the colecovision!

Edited by youki

A couple of years ago, I made Reversi for the Creativision, though not 100% bug fixed and final version. I have also made music for a few other projects, though it was quite a while now that I resurrected programming for it. Nowadays it has cc65 support so you don't have to hand code in assembly language unless you really want to.

I agree with the above comments that to most part, the original Creativision library isn't particularly interesting. Some games are nice looking, like Auto Chase but in general I think you already got your share of arcade games on the ColecoVision. Actually you might be more interested in porting yet more Sord M5 games (or MSX, which I know that you convert on a daily basis) than struggling with 6502 -> Z80 conversion just because the VDP and PSG are the same. Hey, you might just as well want to port TI-99/4A games to ColecoVision and perhaps TMS9900 -> Z80 is equally complex.

For those unaware, the unofficial CreatiVision home is here: http://www.madrigaldesign.it/creativemu/news.php

with a dedicated forum: http://www.madrigaldesign.it/forum/

Edited by carlsson