IGNORED

Atari 1040 STF Video Options

Surveyor

I've recently come into possession of an Atari 1040 STF computer with the ATARI monochrome monitor. I'm in the process of swapping out the dead floppy drive for a Gotek and researching some up-to-date mouse solutions. I do have the original mouse, but it's been a chore using it. 

My specific question revolves around video solutions for this system. I recently purchased a RGB to HDMI Flickerfixer Scandoubler for my Amiga 500 and was wondering is such a solution exists for the 1040 STF? Monochrome is crisp and clear, but wanted a color option as well. It's a NTSC system, so I would think some solution should work with an existing computer monitor or newer TV set if the cabling was proper, with maybe some piece of hardware between?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 1

What is the RGB connector going into the scandoubler?  If it is a VGA type connector you could probably make a cable using either an old Atari video cable or find the correct plug.  I used an old atari cable and cut it in half.  I added a VGA plug to the bare end with the pinout to the Color signals.  It won't work with a standard PC monitor (unless you find one that will sync down to the 15Khz.  I have mine going to a VGA to HDMI box that upscales it to HDMI.  I used the other end of the cable to make a Mono cable which will connect directly to a PC VGA monitor.