IGNORED

[RELEASE] RASTER Music Tracker, v1.34.00

VinsCool

9 hours ago, VinsCool said:

Be sure that the instrument you wanted to save was the one currently active/edited in RMT before saving it to a file, and same for loading it back elsewhere, make sure the instrument you want to overwrite is the one that is currently active, then load the instrument file to replace it with the one saved previously.

For example, if the instrument 02 is the one you are currently using in the source module, make sure to have it active, save as new file, and then load the file in the other module by making sure you are replacing the instrument you want to use, let's say, 05 if it's an empty slot, then you simply make instrument 05 active and you will be able to use/edit as much as you want.

Ok great - this worked.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Another dumb question.  Both @makary and Analmux were able to get a cool electric guitar sound in RMT.  I took a look at Makary's "Sear Me" in RMT, and in version 1.34, it doesn't sound the same as the final version.  I believe this is because Makary has his own version that allows some additional tweaks.

Is there another way to create a similar sound using RMT 1.34?  I realize it may require combining voices, but it would be great to figure out how to do something close to it.

On another note - is there a way to jump from a line in the middle of a song block to a new song block?

Example - I have reached a point in a song where I need to repeat, but the way the song is, it doesn't line up perfectly with a new song block.  I have some extra lines in the block that are empty, I want to jump past them to the next block.  Any way to do that?

On 10/5/2023 at 8:43 AM, rdefabri said:

Another dumb question.  Both @makary and Analmux were able to get a cool electric guitar sound in RMT.  I took a look at Makary's "Sear Me" in RMT, and in version 1.34, it doesn't sound the same as the final version.  I believe this is because Makary has his own version that allows some additional tweaks.

Is there another way to create a similar sound using RMT 1.34?  I realize it may require combining voices, but it would be great to figure out how to do something close to it.

A combination of custom tuning tables and few ASM patches were needed for each of them, yeah.

1.34 attempted to include as many "vanilla" functionalities as possible with a lot more tables, which considerably bloated the driver, while the other ones simply replaced existing tables with new ones, making versions specific for each ones of them if they were used for making modules.

So to add them on top of the standard tables is obviously possible, in fact the very broken GIT commits were specifically made to add support for a lot more things from the get go.

When this would get functional is another question I fear giving false hope, so I don't know.

23 hours ago, rdefabri said:

On another note - is there a way to jump from a line in the middle of a song block to a new song block?

Example - I have reached a point in a song where I need to repeat, but the way the song is, it doesn't line up perfectly with a new song block.  I have some extra lines in the block that are empty, I want to jump past them to the next block.  Any way to do that?

Not sure if I understand the question.

Using the Goto Line XX commands in the Songline Block on the top right would do what you need.

If you need to insert a jump between 2 lines, you could use CTRL+I to create an empty line, and create a jump with CTRL+G on the newly created line.

If you meant in pattern, you may use a END line command with CTRL+Enter on the row you want to set as the last one to play.

If you meant like using Dxx and Bxx commands like Protracker, that would have to wait until I finish implementing the actual effect command system, which is also something I could not give ETA about, because everything is broken, and I have not touched anything since July due to real life things mostly.

5 hours ago, Steril707 said:

Btw, what happened to Rensoupp? has he left?

No idea, probably busy with real life/work too from what I remember.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 5:12 PM, VinsCool said:

A combination of custom tuning tables and few ASM patches were needed for each of them, yeah.

1.34 attempted to include as many "vanilla" functionalities as possible with a lot more tables, which considerably bloated the driver, while the other ones simply replaced existing tables with new ones, making versions specific for each ones of them if they were used for making modules.

So to add them on top of the standard tables is obviously possible, in fact the very broken GIT commits were specifically made to add support for a lot more things from the get go.

When this would get functional is another question I fear giving false hope, so I don't know.

Not sure if I understand the question.

Using the Goto Line XX commands in the Songline Block on the top right would do what you need.

If you need to insert a jump between 2 lines, you could use CTRL+I to create an empty line, and create a jump with CTRL+G on the newly created line.

If you meant in pattern, you may use a END line command with CTRL+Enter on the row you want to set as the last one to play.

If you meant like using Dxx and Bxx commands like Protracker, that would have to wait until I finish implementing the actual effect command system, which is also something I could not give ETA about, because everything is broken, and I have not touched anything since July due to real life things mostly.

No idea, probably busy with real life/work too from what I remember.

I think the END line command is what I am looking for. 

On 10/11/2023 at 8:00 AM, rdefabri said:

@VinsCool I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there any support in RMT for sampled instruments, or something like voice / phonemes (a la S.A.M.)?

Nope, closest to samples would be from exploiting the Volume Only mode bit in audio channels.

Technically speaking, this could be done, but how or when to implement this would be a different story.

On 10/14/2023 at 9:23 AM, VinsCool said:

Nope, closest to samples would be from exploiting the Volume Only mode bit in audio channels.

Technically speaking, this could be done, but how or when to implement this would be a different story.

Thanks!  One more dumb question - is there a way to play the instrument sound while you are editing it?  For some reason, I thought there was, but I can't seem to find out how to do it.

8 hours ago, rdefabri said:

Thanks!  One more dumb question - is there a way to play the instrument sound while you are editing it?  For some reason, I thought there was, but I can't seem to find out how to do it.

Hold the SHIFT key while editing the instrument and press any of the Note keys within the active keyboard layout.

This won't work for the Instrument Name area, or any part where you can edit text using the keyboard, since they will take priority over anything else in order to type uppercase characters with the SHIFT key being held down.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am here preparing one of the pending SillyPacks for SV 2k22 SE.

There is a song that has some issues while loading because the display list area ($BC00-$BFFF) is overwritten, and that causes garbage while loading.
image.png.22548da755ec866c14b133da68391749.png
image.thumb.png.6a5678c68dc41ea432ae8291f1be0268.png

Since the readme said it was done with a beta of RMT 1.34, I thought a re-expoert with the released version could fix that.
But when I try to export as LZSS/XEX I get this error message:
image.png.131d09a7e2064868e25a8a26860d4a63.png

I'm not sure; maybe something's wrong with the RMT file, as it was done with a beta with 1.34.

I've attached it for your reference. Maybe you can find out what's wrong here.

ATARIADV.txtATARIADV.rmtATARIADV.xex

I also tried to build the latest RMT from the sources, but here I cannot even load .rmt ...
image.thumb.png.c7ba2cd9db8d52b19e45c01e9493e62f.png

1 hour ago, JAC! said:

I am here preparing one of the pending SillyPacks for SV 2k22 SE.

There is a song that has some issues while loading because the display list area ($BC00-$BFFF) is overwritten, and that causes garbage while loading.
image.png.22548da755ec866c14b133da68391749.png

Hi Peter,

are you sure, that this is a song? Length ($400) indicates more to a font.

11 minutes ago, pps said:

Hi Peter,

are you sure, that this is a song? Length ($400) indicates more to a font.

That is the font for the player which is part of the 1st segment. The song is the .rmt file.