IGNORED

[RELEASE] RASTER Music Tracker, v1.34.00

VinsCool

11 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

@VinsCool  Great work with the recent new implementations. Keep up the good work.:D

One really novice question - Having grown up with the Pokey sounds in games but not being well educated in all things chip tune, (I am no musician either) - whilst I see talk of things like sawtooth, square, sine, and triangle waveforms, etc, I don't actually know what that refers to specifically when it comes to Pokey.

I can find soundwave info online for example here, but I can really relate this to the sounds I am hearing in Pokey chip tunes:

http://www.vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php/Sound_Wave#Square_Wave

It seemed to me the majority of pokey game tunes had what I'd deem the trademark Atari "wobble" waveform, (heh heh please excuse my rather comical ignorance;)). What type of waveform is the aforementioned "wobble" sound? 

I'd love to have an audio reference/snipett/example of the most typical (old and new) sounds pokey is capable of and name of the waveform as a reference - so I can finally know what is meant by sawtooth, etc and what a sawtooth waveform sounds like on Pokey. Is there an easy way to do this? I've loaded up your RMT tracker and had a very quick look around, loading up songs, etc.

As I've mentioned before I really love the Battle Squadron pokey tune which has a fantastic leading synthesizer sounding waveform.

What is the name of that particular waveform? (In your video it is the 2nd channel down, kicking in at 23seconds in):

just curious, Is this my version reworked or did you do this one from scratch?

?

7 minutes ago, Kjmann said:

just curious, Is this my version reworked or did you do this one from scratch?

?

Entirely made from scratch. :D 

Here's the module, with some tweaks to adjust my new tuning, essentially removing all the manual frequency shifts since they are no longer needed.

Battle Squadron Title 100hz Final Patch16 Edit.rmtBattle Squadron VUPlayer Export.xex

Edited by VinsCool
added xex
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, VinsCool said:

Entirely made from scratch. :D 

Here's the module, with some tweaks to adjust my new tuning, essentially removing all the manual frequency shifts since they are no longer needed.

Battle Squadron Title 100hz Final Patch16 Edit.rmt 14.34 kB · 1 download

This is VERY Impressive. In My Opinion, it's much better than my version. It has some real style to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, VinsCool said:

Thank you very much! I had spent a lot of time working on this one :) 

Funny enough. 

Some years ago I had a "PRIVATE" question to KJMANN, just to help correcting things. 

He was acting like  a wild fury, showing my private mail without my permission and told that his tunes were fully in tune. 

He also did a lot more infringements, but is allowed to post free here in the forums. 

I love this double standards...

2 minutes ago, emkay said:

Funny enough. 

Some years ago I had a "PRIVATE" question to KJMANN, just to help correcting things. 

He was acting like  a wild fury, showing my private mail without my permission and told that his tunes were fully in tune. 

What has KJMANN done in this thread for you to try and derail it by attacking him? 

3 minutes ago, emkay said:

He also did a lot more infringements, but is allowed to post free here in the forums. 

Many people wonder the same about you.

..Al

• Like 5

KJMANN did a decent apology to the community at one time I believe....

which is more than a great number of people have ever done.

That gave him some leeway and respect

So some of us cut a little slack and let bygones be bygones...

so in this rare instance the moderation team did something correctly on the merits.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Albert said:

What has KJMANN done in this thread for you to try and derail it by attacking him? 

Many people wonder the same about you.

..Al

Interesting, you put this finally to the public. 

It's not what he did in this post. It's what he did in the past

It is about the knowlegde about things, and the difference if people know things to judge on, or not. 

What I'm doing is just making people wondering who don't know the facts.

Edited by emkay

1 minute ago, emkay said:

Interesting, you put this finally to the public. 

It's not what he did in this post. It's what he did in the past

It is about the knowlegde about things, and the difference if people know things to judge on, or not. 

What I'm doing is just making people wondering who don't know the facts.

Just drop it and stay on topic here without attacking others.

Thank you,

..Al

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, emkay said:

The only thing that is disturbing my development conversation is your acting. 

I have NO reason to talk weird to people who aid in development. But you do. 

If you have an issue, feel free to send me a private message and we can discuss it.  Please stay on topic in this thread.

Thank you,

..Al

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

If you have an issue, feel free to send me a private message and we can discuss it.  Please stay on topic in this thread.

Thank you,

..Al

I AM on Topic. If there had been more people like VinsCool, who actually understood my issues, and not people who acted with agressions by not understanding it all, we could have been 20 years ahead. 

Edited by emkay

8 hours ago, pseudografx said:

Anyone is free to use as many POKEYs as they wish. You all have my approval.

Mine too. Dual POKEY chips is an extremely common upgrade, and there are many people on these forums (including myself) who are interested in hearing what can be done with them -- as well as single POKEY work.

• Like 1

@VinsCool @Kjmann I would love to see this tracker and some talented individual, (flattery gets you everywhere:P), tackle Blade Runner Blues by Vangelis someday - I think it could translate well, (perhaps lending itself to a stereo version more than mono but mono would still be amazing I am sure). The fact both renditions of Battle Squadron sounds amazing on the A8 makes me think so, (Synth sound). It's one of my all time favourite Film music track and films:

Did I mention it's my birthday coming up soon!?!;)  (Okey it isn't heh heh):D

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 3