IGNORED

Happy New Year

atrax27407

15 minutes ago, TheBF said:

I am opening both doors!  :)

Apparently, that is the proper way.

https://www.bitesize.irish/blog/new-years-traditions-from-ireland/

A really interesting Irish New Year’s tradition would involve people opening the back door of their house just before midnight to “let the Old year out” and opening the front door to “let the New Year in”. While opening the front door at midnight, people will also greet their neighbours and wish them a Happy New Year!

• Like 2

Weird New Year's eve ... temperature records in Germany with +16.9°C (62.4°F) in Freiburg. I stepped outside at midnight without a coat; we had about 13°C.

Like last year, fireworks were forbidden to avoid filling the emergency wards with accidental injuries. No smoke in the streets as usual, and no firecracker litter on the streets.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RickyDean said:

Happy, belated New Year, just had a short celebration with wife and sons, shooting my shotgun a couple of times, after a hard day of work, now I got to do another 12 hours tomorrow.

Yeah, I feel for you..I'm also doing 12 sat and Sunday nights. And it's supposed to drop to 27 on Sunday night and rain during the daytime. Of course if it rains I don't do much, but looks like day shift gets a break and I'll have to pull the load outside since it stops raining around 6pm.

It's going to be nasty Sunday night. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, OLD CS1 said:

:(no firecrackers..

Shoot, we made up for ya here, almost burning down the house..sirens blaring all night last night or early morning I guess. Warm weather and fireworks..I suppose we had a few fires going on last night. But Sunday we're supposed to hit 24F overnight. 

I'm not celebrating New Year's Day either...

...But I am celebrating this:

HNY!

HNY.thumb.png.ed2481111174360e7fa0fe70ddcbe518.png

Sorry

So

Small:roll:

Edited by HOME AUTOMATION
  • Haha 1