IGNORED

2022 HSC Rd.3 Rampage

toiletunes

One life challenge (no continues allowed). Destroy your way into the new year! Round ends January 19, 2022, midnight (est)

Scores for the season:

27 oyamafamily

26 Silver Back

25 Deteacher

20 Rick Dangerous

19 Dr Moocowz

17 toiletunes

17 BydoEmpire

15 NIKON

14 jeremiahjt

13 jgkspsx

11 roadrunner

09 Cafeman

05 Lauren Tyler

01 jblenkle

Scores for this round:

104,950 oyamafamily (New record!)

33,150 jeremiahjt

31,000 Silver Back

25,000 toiletunes

24,000 NIKON

21.950 jimblargh

18,650 Deteacher

17,800 roadrunner

13,650 Dr Moocowz

12,550 jgkspsx

12,150 Lauren Tyler

9,700 BydoEmpire

2,800 Rick Dangerous

Edited by toiletunes
  • Like 1

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the game although the SMS version is a masterpiece.  The 7800 version isn't bad, though!  I've never played the 7800 version before.  It plays pretty well and looks decent.  Lots of nice little animations.

9700 after a couple game, just getting on the board.

rampage.thumb.JPG.cceb7ce1103a80318033692ae37181f2.JPG

Edited by BydoEmpire
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

On the board with 33,150.  Have not played this game all that much since I was a kid, but it is enjoyable.  This was the only game I had as a kid that was rare, of course I did not know that back then.

I had this and double dragon as a kid but but like you said we didn’t know they would become rare. I wish I would’ve kept my childhood copies as I had to rebuy them later

• Like 2

12550 is my best so far after a few games.

6E1F89B4-A305-4292-954F-7D1757F9923A.thumb.jpeg.97195015955387958112dc5ac399b912.jpeg

This is a hard version! I feel like it’s harder than the arcade even though it may not be… the Lynx is my definitive version of this one. What is the secret to doing better? I am terrible about eating things I shouldn’t… and I also keep making my monster do it too.

EDIT: I think it’s running too fast on the Blaze Atari handheld. I really need to stop using this thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, BydoEmpire said:

I have no idea how to do well at this game. I tried again and barely broke 5000.  I guess you just focus entirely on staying alive and not getting hit, and occasionally punch a building or eat something if you get a chance?

Avoid bullets and eat as much good stuff as you can- protect your life meter.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 10:45 AM, jgkspsx said:

This would not start on my Concerto. It took me back to the monster selection when it should have started the game, and then froze, every time I tried it. Am I doing something wrong?

I had that issue before- don't remember if it was a firmware update or if it fixed itself. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 1:05 PM, jimblargh said:

First HSC post! I'm not a giant 7800 guy, but Rampage is the whole reason I own the system! That by no means makes me an expert at the game, but I came up with 21950 on a lazy Saturday morning :)

20220108_124028.jpg

Welcome to the club! I hope you stick around, the 7800 has a ton of excellent arcade ports, quirky exclusives, and an active homebrew scene. it's easily my favorite system.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, toiletunes said:

Welcome to the club! I hope you stick around, the 7800 has a ton of excellent arcade ports, quirky exclusives, and an active homebrew scene. it's easily my favorite system.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome!  I have lots of systems, but this might be a good way to get a little more into the 7800. Rampage was a good way to hook me in :D

Edited by jimblargh

8 minutes ago, jimblargh said:

Thank you very much for the warm welcome!  I have lots of systems, but this might be a good way to get a little more into the 7800. Rampage was a good way to hook me in :D

Just curious - I don't seem to find my name on the 'scores for season'. I only finished in 6th, but do I get a point for participating?

No big deal either way. I am happy just to play along!

The scores for the season were updated in the round 4 thread, sorry for the confusion.