IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 1st 2022

Pixelboy

Salutations, ColecoVision fans! :D

I'd like to begin this news bulletin by wishing everyone a happy and prosperous New Year! Let's be honest, 2021 wasn't all that great (at least it wasn't for me) and 2022 is a bit of a question mark at this point with the pandemic still going strong, and electronics supply chains being seriously disrupted, so I guess all we can do is hope for the best and keep our spirits up as best we can. My most special wish is directed at those who pre-ordered an Asteroids Controller. My hope is that doubledown will make an appearance and let us know when he intends to build all those controllers. I haven't heard from him at all lately, in case you're wondering.

So with all this said, let's go over things, shall we? :)

THOSE GAMES OF OLD

Exactly one year ago today, I announced that I was relinquishing my old Team Pixelboy titles to other ColecoVision homebrew publishers, namely CollectorVision, Opcode Games and the AtariAge Store. As you may have noticed, pretty much nothing happened since then, but I have received assurances from CollectorVision that they'll release a few Team Pixelboy titles later this year. I'll try to see if they can release more copies of Asteroids and Star Castle, because it's now painfully obvious that I underestimated the demand for those two games.

Opcode seems to want to tie their Team Pixelboy re-releases to the SGM2, reworking and improving the games in the process, so delays are understandable in that context. I haven't really talked to Albert about the re-releases in a long time, so at this point I don't really know what's going to happen where the AtariAge Store is concerned.

NEW TEAM PIXELBOY GAMES FOR 2022

Not much to say here, except that my goal is to release Space Shuttle, Utopia and Arabian on Christmas Day 2022. I'll be working throughout the year to make that happen.

THESE CARDS WERE MEANT FOR TRADING, AND THAT'S JUST WHAT THEY'LL DO

First of all, the North American series of ColecoVision trading cards is coming in early 2022. I'll post updates about that in this forum thread as things move along, but for now, you can see a picture down below of the plastic containers I bought on eBay recently. I didn't look over the entire shipping box, so I hope not too many of them got cracked during postal transit. About the cards themselves, I requested one deck of cards to be printed so that I can see if the cards come out alright. After this demo deck has been received, examined and approved, I'll place the official print order for all the decks. I'll start shipping the decks as soon as I receive the printed cards.

Secondly, I want to mention that the back of the cards for the European and Canadian series are already entirely done (screenshots and everything) and so all that's left to do is clean up box scans and create the front sides of those cards. I spent most of the past week finishing up the front sides of all the Asian, Australian and non-CBS European games, so those are now done, and I only need to do the European CBS games (58 cards in all). I'm confident the European series will be ready to print at some point this year.

I'm still missing many box scans for the Canadian series, and I'm hoping to somehow acquire those scans during the course of this year, and release that series in 2023. As for the hardware cards, in case you're wondering, those are still up in the air right now. I need doubledown to finish up the work on those cards.

And that pretty much sums up my projects for this year. It's going to be another busy one for me, that's for sure!

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. :)

bcw_box.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I have some fun news to report today. :)

First of all, I finally finished the templates for all the manuals of Space Shuttle last Sunday. It was an interesting exercise to say the least, as I felt it necessary to move some texts around and add some small details in order to clarify things and explain exactly what the player needs to do to complete the mission, from launch to landing. Anyway, now I just need to put some weeks into beta-testing the game, and I'll be doing that this month.

Secondly, all the decks of North-American ColecoVision trading cards are on their way to me right now, and I should be receiving them within a couple of weeks. I will not repackage them and honor pre-orders immediately, however, because I've decided to add one card to the series, namely a card for Make-A-Face (the alternate name of FaceMaker). I placed a separate print order just for this extra card, and I will wait until I receive the extra cards so that I can add one card per deck of 165 cards, making it 166 cards in total. Once this is done, I'll start contacting people about their pre-orders.

Still on the subject of the ColecoVision trading cards, I found a few Canadian boxes lately, namely for Pepper II, Victory, Lady Bug and Frenzy. I've also discovered that there's a Canadian version of the box of Fortune Builder, but I've never seen a picture of it and I have yet to find it. Hopefully I'll find more Canadian boxes in 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

I've also discovered that there's a Canadian version of the box of Fortune Builder, but I've never seen a picture of it and I have yet to find it. Hopefully I'll find more Canadian boxes in 2022.

IIRC it’s an oversized card stock box like CPK PIcture Show and not a plastic clamshell.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update: I sent an e-mail to everyone who pre-ordered the North-American series of ColecoVision trading cards. If you pre-ordered a deck but didn't receive an e-mail, check you spam/junk box!  :)

I also have a small number of available extra decks for late-comers, if anyone here is interested.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2022 at 10:27 PM, Pixelboy said:

Quick update: I sent an e-mail to everyone who pre-ordered the North-American series of ColecoVision trading cards.

Payment sent! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dutch Colecovision Fan said:

Arrived in The Netherlands yesterday! I'm looking forward to the other series! Great job Team Pixelboy ?! You have created the smallest Colecovision encyclopedia on Earth!

Technically, the smallest ColecoVision encyclopedia on Earth would exist as a tiny fraction of a standard SD card, but thanks anyway.  :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pixelboy said:

Technically, the smallest ColecoVision encyclopedia on Earth would exist as a tiny fraction of a standard SD card, but thanks anyway.  :P

Probably, but you would still need a screen to see the cards. I know, technology will win in the end, unless we can't afford electricity anymore .... but hey..... I am oldskool...I want books, no e-readers! ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...