IGNORED

Gold Rush New Homebrew Game-WIP

Darthtom

a little Wild West shooter. 

Avoid to collide with the big gold nugget, randomly positioned. Watch of the black gunslinger and don't get shoot from him .

Enjoy this 1 player shooter- made with standard batari kernel 

If 2 player support is wanted , no problem - write to me.

Any suggestions would be great .

Tom

tombstone.bas.png

goldrush2022.bin

Edited by Darthtom
Update and bug fixes coach compliant better ai
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Darthtom said:

a little Wild West shooter. 

Avoid to collide with the big gold nugget, randomly positioned. Watch of the black gunslinger and don't get shoot from him .

Enjoy this 1 player shooter- made with standard batari kernel 

If 2 player support is wanted , no problem - write to me.

Any suggestions would be great .

Tom

The AI is not too hard, but a easy mode for the kids would be cool.

And you should make your game couch compliant.

Good start to the game Tom! Couple of observations:

- You are as fast as the enemies bullets. It makes it easy to outrun and out maneuver their shots.
- Your bullet is indestructible, I was able to once shoot three enemies with the same bullet. It's very cool but maybe too powerful.
- The moving death block is a good idea, a little dangerous when it suddenly appears on top of you a kills you though. Maybe it can blink in quickly so you have a chance to get away?
- The enemy's bullet disappears when they die, it would be much more challenging if you had to dodge their bullet even after they die. (and it's more realistic)
- Defeating the enemy is very simple right now. You wait until they come to your horizontal level, they will automatically shoot you when they do, move up or down a bit and shoot back at them. They can't shoot again until their bullet is off screen and they won't even try to dodge your bullet. Maybe they can have the ability to move around a bit more so it makes them harder to shoot?

- I also agree with Al about being 'Couch Compliant', the button on the joystick should start the game when you're on the title screen. (EDIT: Looks like you've fixed that with the new update) The game should also stop taking input for a second after you die so you don't accidentally press the button, go to the title screen and miss your score.

- James

• Like 1