IGNORED

Pinned problem

overgrouth

I can not say enough good things about this site or its community as it has the BEST and most welcoming rescourse filled forum out there on the internet. I haved used the site for mamy years but now I am running into a problem with the setup.

Pinned content

The forum used to be based on new threads in the front with later pages down the line. Pinned content is always nice but there is so much of it, pages and pages long to the point the new content is getting barried. I know the search function works well but I have to have something in mind to specifically look up when all I am looking for is what is new. I see the options to sort in the forums of whats new but that is based on posts not threads. I question I am I missing this option or is this a thing everyone is dealing with meaning as soon as I post this new thread it will get lost emeditly barried under all the pinned content?

Edited by overgrouth

Are you talking about a specific forum or forums that have too many pinned topics?  If so, let me look, and it's likely I can unpin some topics.  I do agree that too many pinned topics are a pain as you have to scroll down to see the currently active threads. 

You can create custom Activity Streams to see new content in specific forums you are interested in, and you can even save and name these streams so you can have different types of Activity Streams.  It's pretty flexible in what you can do..

Here's the link to create a new stream:

https://atariage.com/forums/discover/?do=create

..Al

Well now I feel like a fool. I just found the menu up top that shows topics. From selecting one it shows what is new under topics. The pinned content on those is not pages long, infact under general there is only one pinned item. I was overlooking how the forum is done due to missing the (TPOICS) link. Even though this is my fault I wonder how many people overlook this. I am used to new content being in the main forum page instead of navigating to a specific topic. I have been looking for the topic list for a long time and some how, now that I asked about this I stumble upon it as it has been staring me in the face the whole time. With my new found understanding I do not think it needs fixing. I wonder if there might be a way to add a link newest threads across all topics though for an easy way ti discover new stuff with out having to look threw the topics.

Edited by overgrouth
Bad grammer