IGNORED

Apple IIGS Setup in Central Florida

flashbackmatt

2AD4C383-8B33-4287-918A-4F8CBF027C33.thumb.jpeg.62a14d982f78f3bd659e8ee9549d8c44.jpeg    F33CE422-2071-42EE-AA4F-8E589763B880.jpeg

I have an Apple IIGS ROM 01 in good condition but some yellowing. Comes with:

• Apple IIGS monitor. Also in good condition, little yellowing but some scuffs on the plastic housing.
  • One Apple 5.25 and one Apple 3.5 disk drive. I don't have any floppies so they are untested. Cosmetically in good condition, little to no yellowing.
  • ADB M2980 Apple Design Keyboard. Excellent condition, I bought it NOS.
  • Memory Expansion is installed, box as shown

Asking $400 shipped to US. PayPal preferred.

Edited by flashbackmatt
Sold
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 4:56 PM, Sugarland said:

Been a long time, 30 years, since I've mailed one too but try wrapping it in four layers of the big bubble, bubble wrap. Then in a box. Then fill the box voids with peanuts.

Tape cardboard over the CRT face too. I've had stuff poke though the box and scratch the screen.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, H454 said:

Tape cardboard over the CRT face too. I've had stuff poke though the box and scratch the screen.

All good advice. Cut to fit pool noodles are also very good packing material for CRTs. 

On 2/7/2022 at 6:34 PM, 0078265317 said:

I would love to but 400 is too much for and old machine like that.

That's honestly a pretty good price for the setup that he has. They go for more on eBay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

All good advice. Cut to fit pool noodles are also very good packing material for CRTs. 

That's honestly a pretty good price for the setup that he has. They go for more on eBay. 

I meant fair for the retro market but too much for me.  Maybe if I kept some my retro stuff it would be worth that much too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 5:30 PM, thanatos said:

I saw another method where you spray expanding insulation foam into garbage bags, it will form fit around the monitor in the box.

Wow! That never occurred to me, and I've used expanding foam for all kinds of things around the house. It's probably cheaper than a comparable amount of bubble wrap too.

• 4 weeks later...

If you want shipping advice on something that large then go to home Depot or whatever other hardware store sells the lengths of foam insulation pipe wrap. It can be cut down relatively easy and it's very sturdy and you can line a box with it. Makes incredibly good shipping material for something heavy like a monitor.