IGNORED

FS: Big $$$ Sega Genesis Game Collection Lot ***SOLD!***

Hey there folks! :)

About a year ago I put all my Sega games into storage, to see if I could be happy just playing games off an EverDrive. The plan was that if I was content with the EverDrive and didn't miss my physical games after a year then I'd sell my original cartridge and disc collection and put the money from the sales towards other hobbies, and as luck would have it it's been a year since I put my games into storage and I've been really satisfied gaming off an EverDrive. I could definitely use the funds to get started keeping pet tarantulas too, which is a hobby I've been very interested in for a long while but the initial startup cost is rather high when you want half a dozen different species and fancy enclosures for them, so now feels like the right time to let go of my games that have been sitting in storage. 

Before I get started with the items for sale, to give you a reference for my reliability as a seller, here's a link to my eBay account where I have 100% positive feedback from 847 transactions over the past 11 years: https://www.ebay.com/usr/hanz0d0g

As far as shipping goes all the prices listed do not include shipping costs, but I'm happy to ship anywhere in the US with USPS Priority Mail and I am willing to ship internationally as well if the buyer doesn't mind the shipping costs. All packages will be shipped with tracking and insured for the full value of the items to make sure no one loses money in the event the package gets lost in the mail, though I've never had USPS lose a package before. I think that about covers all the formalities, so on the items for sale!

Sega Genesis Games Lot

1229497468_20220101201844_IMG_42332.thumb.JPG.6fe3721eac297cd1a4d4b5bd371b3a05.JPG

473038784_DSC008522.thumb.JPG.f509f497b9db13b0186592230fda28cd.JPG

20220101202312_IMG_4262.thumb.JPG.82e62b1f7f11be81cd00c3f979f90112.JPG

20220101205923_IMG_4282.thumb.JPG.57975289c524bbf2e2fd14eb89f9820c.JPG

20220101210009_IMG_4293.thumb.JPG.151122ea276e869fb393ecb12b6b6033.JPG

20220101210034_IMG_4300.thumb.JPG.71068863ffadd87060a8751f49cca924.JPG

20220101210104_IMG_4305.thumb.JPG.b2d0f9570a71ae368d60f0a3571f5103.JPG

20220101210127_IMG_4312.thumb.JPG.6e2c676b91f650ab975eabdc0be3230f.JPG

1523062319_20220101210212_IMG_43222.thumb.JPG.a95cc7697962dcd191ff063fcdfcdfbe.JPG

20220101211129_IMG_4343.thumb.JPG.3c0d4afc4f0e4627c33cbebb54d37e74.JPG

92982459_DSC008642.thumb.JPG.6229f0d77a01663bf3e05e3179bbe858.JPG

1413226023_20220130141008_IMG_49382.thumb.JPG.33585975d4f6e1c350d7948457237eb5.JPG

933735150_20220130142030_IMG_49492.thumb.JPG.9f838d41a8a637beb623e7c0eaad0cb5.JPG

1083990458_20220130143737_IMG_49692.thumb.JPG.c0eb18a165b8835fa16dbc0a2b1e0efc.JPG

And now for the main attraction, and this one is a real doozy! This collection of 60 Sega Genesis cartridges is one of the most meticulously curated lots of games you'll ever lay eyes on when it comes to condition. I was absolutely obsessive when it came to the condition of the games I bought and every single game in this collection has a near mint label with zero edge wear or significant scratches anywhere. They're all about as close to brand new condition as you'll find short of buying Genesis games new in box and all games and their labels are 100% original and authentic, no reproductions here. I did my best to show the label condition by including pictures both with and without flash, but glare and reflections are still hard to avoid so any white spots you may see in the pictures above are just glare spots from the camera. If you'd like any additional pictures of games close up or pictures of the cartridge PCBs of the more valuable games to confirm their authenticity then feel free to ask and I'll be happy to take some! That's probably enough waxing on about the mintiness of said games though, so here's what all you get:

- Alien 3

- Altered Beast

- Arcade Classics

- Arcade's Greatest Hits, Williams Presents

- Battletech

- B.O.B.

- Bram Stoker's Dracula

- Brutal: Paws of Fury

- Castlevania: Bloodlines

- Columns III

- Comix Zone

- Contra: Hard Corps

- Desert Demolition

- Dragon's Fury

- Ecco the Dolphin

- Ecco: The Tides of Time

- Eternal Champions

- Galaxy Force II

- Genesis 6 Pak

- Golden Axe II

- Greendog: The Beached Surfer Dude

- Jurassic Park

- Kid Chameleon

- Lethal Enforcers

- Lethal Enforcers II: Gun Fighters

- Light Crusader

- Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar

- Mega Bomberman

- Mortal Kombat

- Mortal Kombat II

- Mortal Kombat 3

- Ms. Pac-Man

- NBA Jam: Tournament Edition

- OutRun

- PGA Tour Golf III

- Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure

- Primal Rage

- Raiden Trad

- Road Rash II

- Rocket Knight Adventures

- Samurai Shodown

- Scooby-Doo Mystery

- Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi

- Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Classics Version)

- Sonic the Hedgehog 2

- Sonic the Hedgehog 3

- Sonic & Knuckles

- Sonic 3D Blast

- Sonic Spinball

- Splatterhouse 2

- Street Fighter II': Special Champion Edition

- Super Monaco GP

- Super Street Fighter II

- Tanglewood (Homebrew, Complete in Box. Rare NTSC Kickstarter First Print)

- Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure

- Thunder Force III

- Vectorman

- Virtua Racing

- Zero Tolerance

- Zoop

Whew! That's all 60 games! And now, for the rather awkward subject of price. I won't be tacking on any extra cost for the flawless condition labels, but I will be asking the current PriceCharting market price for average condition games minus 32% for the lot discount. Given that the current market price for all 60 games added up is $1,255.94 my asking price for the lot after factoring in the 32% discount is...

Price: $850 + shipping

Whew! That's everything! Thank you for taking the time to check out my sales thread and if you're interested in purchasing anything or if you have any questions or would like some more pictures of the items I have available then just shoot me a private message and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible. :)

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 3

Like Tanooki, there are only a few titles there I would need or be interested in as I have a rather large Genesis collection of my own. Namely Splatterhouse  and Scooby Doo. 

But I can also understand not wanting to separate since it would quickly become a pain to try and get rid of the rest beyond the heavy hitters.

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I know this is striking a bit early but going to put it out there.  If you find that the big price bundles don't work out I see some Genesis carts (minimally Dragon's Fury) from my short list of cares I'd love to take off of you, Gameboy Color I think too.

4 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Like Tanooki, there are only a few titles there I would need or be interested in as I have a rather large Genesis collection of my own. Namely Splatterhouse  and Scooby Doo. 

But I can also understand not wanting to separate since it would quickly become a pain to try and get rid of the rest beyond the heavy hitters.

Thanks for the interest guys! I'm not planning on parting out any of the lots at this point, not due to stubbornness or anything but really just a lack of time in my schedule to pack and ship a hundred games individually. I did that a couple times in the past selling collections and it's not an experience I have any desire to repeat :lol:

That said, I know it's probably going to be tricky and take some patience to find the right buyer for the lots; the Genesis and Game Boy ones in particular. My plan at the moment is to leave the lots for sale here for a month or two, bumping the thread now and then for visibility, and if no one on AtariAge ends up being interested then I'll begrudgingly put them up on eBay. Thankfully I'm not in desperate need of the money or anything like that, so I can be patient and wait and see if someone who wants the whole kit and kaboodle comes along :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 5:03 PM, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Thanks for the interest guys! I'm not planning on parting out any of the lots at this point, not due to stubbornness or anything but really just a lack of time in my schedule to pack and ship a hundred games individually. I did that a couple times in the past selling collections and it's not an experience I have any desire to repeat :lol:

That said, I know it's probably going to be tricky and take some patience to find the right buyer for the lots; the Genesis and Game Boy ones in particular. My plan at the moment is to leave the lots for sale here for a month or two, bumping the thread now and then for visibility, and if no one on AtariAge ends up being interested then I'll begrudgingly put them up on eBay. Thankfully I'm not in desperate need of the money or anything like that, so I can be patient and wait and see if someone who wants the whole kit and kaboodle comes along :)

I wouldn't sell individually either, you get stuck with too much riff raff...

I would however break them into smaller lots...

You don't need to sell each game separately but some nice bundles, say a flat rate box worth, make sure each one has a few rarities that everyone wants/etc.. This is a much easier pill to swallow for someone who only needs a few :) You can much easier justify buying a box of 20 games to get Splatterhouse than a Giant $1000 box plus shipping/etc... 

Just my take on it :)

• Like 5

Seeing all of these here like this makes me wish that I'd somehow managed to prevent my father from throwing all of my Genesis games in the trash to save space when we moved across the country 17 years ago. I had a decent number of these, too. The one that hurts the most is actually Sonic 3D Blast, which never actually got released in Japan on the Mega Drive, so it's not like I can just go to the store and buy it like I can with most of the rest lol. $900 + shipping is too much for me, but there's no way I can pass up looking at a tasty stack of Genesis games. I've never seen the US Thunder Force III cart before and it looks weird lol

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Going to again throw it out there since it still sits, but if you are willing to break a couple of things out of that Sega lot I'd appreciate it.  I would like to get that Dragon's Fury, a few others if needed to make it worth the bother.

Thanks for the offer Tanooki but I'm still firm on not parting out the lots. I'd like to have everything gone by February so I figure whatever hasn't sold by this weekend will go up on eBay as 1 week auctions starting at the prices listed above. Thank you anyway though! :)

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

All items have been sold except for the Genesis game collection, which is currently up on eBay for $940 + shipping but I'll happily sell it to anyone on AtariAge for the reduced price of $850 + shipping. I'm still not interested in parting it out, but anyone up for taking the whole lot off my hands will be getting quite a deal! I've also added pictures of the cartridge PCBs for some of the most valuable games to the original post to verify their authenticity :)

• 2 weeks later...