IGNORED

NIB Analogue Pocket - Dock - MIDI READY TO SHIP

koolmoecraig

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Sounds like eBay is where it needs to go.

Yup because asking around triple over what they sold for for instant gratification is a great way to ingratiate yourself to a small forum of people smarter than that.  Along with that pure bullshit response of I'll only accept payment if it has no protection of you the buyer, because hey I'm just that trustworthy because I've supposedly been burned before.  If the bind is that bad, that's about the worst way to go about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Yup because asking around triple over what they sold for for instant gratification is a great way to ingratiate yourself to a small forum of people smarter than that.  Along with that pure bullshit response of I'll only accept payment if it has no protection of you the buyer, because hey I'm just that trustworthy because I've supposedly been burned before.  If the bind is that bad, that's about the worst way to go about it.

So you aren't interested?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jgkspsx said:

I mean, do what you need to do to take care of yourself, but outright scalping diminishes the trust here and makes this a worse place to be.

"Outright scalping".  I ordered this thing over a year ago. Never intended on selling.  To imply I'm "scalping" is quite an insult.  Guess what?  People go through bad times in life and this is one of mine. I don't determine what the current market price is.  If you don't like the price, make an offer. 

What the hell are you even talking about "diminishing trust"?  This post isn't affecting you. This post doesn't make this forum a "worse place to be", posts like yours do.

I've been on this forum 8 years longer than you.  I have never screwed anyone on a sale. Again, you aren't interested? Move along.

18 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I’ve been involved in the online retro gaming community since 1996, and I’ve posted 10x more than you. I also bought your AtariAge 7800 hand me downs for essentially full store price because I felt sorry for you. Do as you will.

You bought something from me because you felt sorry for me?  Little gross to say that isn't it?  I mean not as gross as bragging about spending the last 25 years of your life posting more than me on various retro gaming forums but close. Congrats on that by the way.

"I also bought your AtariAge 7800 hand me downs for essentially full store price because I felt sorry for you" = icky

You bought Baby Pac-Man and Dungeon. Retail for both is $80 plus tax, plus shipping.  I charged you $70 and I paid the $14 shipping.

You're a better person than this. 

Edited by koolmoecraig

Take it to ebay as the rest have said. I can understand making a profit on something hard to come by. We all do that sometimes but it's usually because we want a little more just to let it go. But $900 (unsecured no less) for something that retails for $219.99 is egregious without question... not to mention it does not make you look very good to this community.

You might not care about that, and that's ok. But a lot of us do and I would be shocked if anyone here dropped $900 F&F to you for this. Let it ride on ebay and see where it goes I say.

EDIT: Just out of fairness I realized that the dock is $100 and the cable is $20. So, $340 total....we'll say $400 total with taxes, shipping. You can probably get away with $600 shipped for the set here for someone who really wants this and that would be a fair-ish markup I guess. But I definitely wouldn't ask anyone to F&F that sort of coin.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 8

Although this has very bad optics for the OP, $900 is what they're going for on eBay at the moment (or more).  Based on the market value it's a fair deal.

Agree with everyone here - put it on eBay and see what you can get for it.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, c0op3r said:

But this is not eBay - so why should the seller get to make an extra 12% ?

I love when people want eBay price but not have to deal with eBay rules - you know like protection for the buyer and paying for a listing.

Which is why it's still posted as people here aren't going to bite.  Premium over reality + a no refund style F&F payment, might as well just mail that money to the next nigerian prince that emails you about needing help to secure millions of dollars with your help if you act now. :)

• Haha 2

I just pre-ordered one of these as pre-orders are available right now. I ordered:

1x Tempered Glass Screen Protector for $15.99 each

1x Fast charging USB-C Power Supply for $19.99 each

1x Game Gear Cartridge Adapter for $29.99 each

1x Analogue Dock for $99.99 each

1x Analogue Pocket - Black for $219.99 each

Subtotal:

$385.95 USD

NJ STATE TAX:

$27.28 USD

Shipping and Handling:

$26.00 USD

Total:

$439.23 USD

Yeah, I think its worth paying what it is really worth and waiting :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1