IGNORED

THE DEAD OF THE NIGHT CASTLE - (Updated Game by TMOP)

ti99iuc

THE DEAD OF THE NIGHT CASTLE

The good TMOP, translated, updated and compiled this Italian 1985 game (the original title was 'Il Castello Notte Scura'), creating an English version, fixing a pair of bugs that was present in the original TI-BASIC code and adding the joystick use.

This is a strategic adventure where will be need to find 5 hidden keys somewhere and remaining alive. 

1101834007_IlCastelloNotteScura-0a.thumb.png.aa96e95c67125dbffd7fca73ae78f1df.png 1782807812_TheDeadoftheNightCastle-2.thumb.png.564c8f76f14f4b443300c4b08ab96d7d.png

The compiled version by @tmop69 is much faster and playable compared to the TI-BASIC one and the translation in English can help to understand the game better.
(also he is added a nice intro title picture :) )

He also created a Manual (in English) and a cart Label to complete the game with complete instructions!
2022-01-06_150542.thumb.png.28ce93217913faadaaa4d65d91c22ab5.png

here you can find the official page of the game where you can find the downloads and also the play-on-line button:
https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=975

the downloads are at the bottom of the linked page but these are the direct links:

- ORIGINAL 1985 ITALIAN TI BASIC VERSION (DSK,FIAD,TXT,WAV);

- TMOP COMPILED 2022 VERSION (BIN,RPK);

- THE MANUAL AND CART LABEL PAGE;

Hope you like! :)

Happy Holidays.

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@unhuman I will be very happy to help you in consume contents from the ti99iuc website, you're welcome!
just to understand better, have you problem with the google translate button included on the right column in the website?
I can imagine that it is not a perfect translation but it should translate at least.

2022-01-06_212601.jpg.02c1d27ec5433b2289542c93c3407ffc.jpg

if you are using chrome browser you could also just presse the right button on the page and choise the "translate" option from the context menu.

let me know, please :)

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 3:31 PM, ti99iuc said:

@unhuman I will be very happy to help you in consume contents from the ti99iuc website, you're welcome!
just to understand better, have you problem with the google translate button included on the right column in the website?
I can imagine that it is not a perfect translation but it should translate at least.

2022-01-06_212601.jpg.02c1d27ec5433b2289542c93c3407ffc.jpg

Wow.  I never spotted that and was trying to use Google Translate to load your site and it would redirect.  The built-in on the page which I never noticed before works perfectly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ti99iuc said:

@OLD CS1 that is the official plug-in by google. I don't think it is dangerous. Google tracks everything by default.

All trackers are considered dangerous.  Notwithstanding debates on the issue, I thought it important to note that a browser add-in used by many people blocks that feature by default.