IGNORED

Season 12 ~ Week 10 ~ Gold Medal Pick

Vocelli

I have exactly the same "problem" re not being able to stop playing this one @Skippy B. Coyote , hence me being another one with an unexpected improvement (game 4 / main game). I'd like to think I'm done with this one, but have a sneaking suspicion I'll come back for another sneaky go before  the weekend is out ?

Missile Command (1981) (Atari)_4.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, oyamafamily said:

Missile Command Game 4 B/B new score   448,880

(SO CLOSE to beat @kermit73 current high score - I LOST my concentration when I was approaching the 450K mark)

20220115_205743.thumb.jpg.317cfd0cdbfddf7f958bd9b995cfd5d7.jpg

20220115_210229.thumb.jpg.c8e61e0bb5568bc3262bdc42cd1ecbef.jpg

Just to let all participants know, here is my controller evidence, which I used in my last attempt.

20220115_210349.thumb.jpg.6f655e0632c0221465ee4c7932872c67.jpg

Nice score. 

Once you clear 150k or so, it's really a game of consistency and endurance.  I've had countless games where I've gone on a good run, frequently maintaining 2-4 cities only to have a few poorly timed shots immediately end the game.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2022 at 7:47 PM, Jasonhrb said:

I have exactly the same "problem" re not being able to stop playing this one @Skippy B. Coyote , hence me being another one with an unexpected improvement (game 4 / main game). I'd like to think I'm done with this one, but have a sneaking suspicion I'll come back for another sneaky go before  the weekend is out ?

And yes, of course I had to come back for one more go. This time I managed to break 75k on the "bonus" game 1. I stopped after 16 rounds, but got some points at the end of round 17 for unused missiles (my last cities got flattened as I wasn't "playing", but only 2 enemy missiles hit my silo so I had some unused ones at the end and scored points for those). Is this how the challenge works ?. If I've got it wrong, please feel free not to count this score. 

In a way, it was kind of painful to stop, as I still had quite a few cities left and would have been confident of breaking 100k if I'd kept at it !

Missile Command (1981) (Atari).png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jasonhrb said:

And yes, of course I had to come back for one more go. This time I managed to break 75k on the "bonus" game 1. I stopped after 16 rounds, but got some points at the end of round 17 for unused missiles (my last cities got flattened as I wasn't "playing", but only 2 enemy missiles hit my silo so I had some unused ones at the end and scored points for those). Is this how the challenge works ?. If I've got it wrong, please feel free not to count this score.

The points for the leftover missiles in round 17 count, so as described, your score is good.

When making up the rules for the bonus game, I wasn't sure if this scenario was possible.  I decided it was best to have these points count to ensure it's not a race to snap the photo before the end of round 17.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1