IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2022)

carlsson

On 6/20/2022 at 6:22 AM, carlsson said:

Beats me. If there is a game mode with all the games in the same, it probably counts as its own entry. In particular as you might have a hard time to keep apart which game is which.

Yeah, from what I understand this release consists of

Sonic 1+CD+2+3&K all mashed together as one giant game in 16:9 with new stuff

Sonic 1, CD, 2, and 3&K as separate games in 16:9 with new stuff

Sonic 1, CD, 2, and 3&K as separate games in 4:3 without new stuff

and none of them are emulated, as everything is running natively on Retro Engine.

I'm considering just tracking the whole thing as Sonic Origins and not bothering with doing them separately mostly because I'm super lazy and want an excuse to make it easier to track them by using the time counter on GOG Galaxy. If I do do them separately, I'll also have to count this version of Sonic CD as Sonic CD (2022) because it has stuff that the old 2011 version doesn't, and then you'll have to track Sonic CD (2011), which it seems nobody has actually ever tracked (I only played the original version for my Sonic 30th anniversary marathon last year), and Sonic CD (2022) separately. What a mess.

• Like 5

This week I just started a second playthrough of Resident Evil 4 on the Switch with all the fully upgraded weapons from the first time I beat it, played RAPTOR a bit for the final round of the Atari 2600 High Score Club's end of season tournament, then did a playthrough of the Alien vs. Predator arcade game earlier this evening.

I do have one bit of cool news to share though! This year marks the first season of the Atari 2600 High Score Club where I played every single game and didn't burn out at some point partway through the season, and I managed to make it to the end and tie AtariSphinx for the bronze medal! That means I'll get to pick a game for us to play in the HSC next season, and I already know exactly which game I'm picking! :-D

1633771087_Screenshot_20220620-1056052.thumb.jpg.0f331f2ef491a09f0cce7c08f30fb3e0.jpg

Ineligible 

Alien vs. Predator (Arcade) - 85 minutes

RAPTOR (Atari 2600) - 23 minutes

Nintendo Switch
Resident Evil 4 - 800 minutes 

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
908 minutes (15 hours 8 minutes) [800 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo Switch: 800 minutes
Arcade: 85 minutes
Atari 2600: 23 minutes 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, from what I understand this release consists of

Sonic 1+CD+2+3&K all mashed together as one giant game in 16:9 with new stuff

Sonic 1, CD, 2, and 3&K as separate games in 16:9 with new stuff

Sonic 1, CD, 2, and 3&K as separate games in 4:3 without new stuff

and none of them are emulated, as everything is running natively on Retro Engine.

I'm considering just tracking the whole thing as Sonic Origins and not bothering with doing them separately mostly because I'm super lazy and want an excuse to make it easier to track them by using the time counter on GOG Galaxy. If I do do them separately, I'll also have to count this version of Sonic CD as Sonic CD (2022) because it has stuff that the old 2011 version doesn't, and then you'll have to track Sonic CD (2011), which it seems nobody has actually ever tracked (I only played the original version for my Sonic 30th anniversary marathon last year), and Sonic CD (2022) separately. What a mess.

I'm planning on picking up Origins on Thursday; I'm just gonna call it 'Origins' for the tracker because it'd be a huge pain in the butt for me to track the games separately.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, digdugnate said:

I'm planning on picking up Origins on Thursday; I'm just gonna call it 'Origins' for the tracker because it'd be a huge pain in the butt for me to track the games separately.

If you're doing it, then I will also. It would be annoying to track them all separately in the story mode.

• Like 3

Week 24

Top games

1. Blue Reflection: Second Light (PC) - 913 min. (#2)
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Switch) - 900 min.
3. Resident Evil 4 (Switch) - 800 min. (#3)
4. Borderlands (Xbox Series X) - 480 min.
5. Pac-Man Museum+ (Switch) - 420 min.
6. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA) - 388 min. (#6)
7. Streets of Rage 4 (Switch) - 240 min.
8. Crimzon Clover World EXplosion (PC) - 230 min.
9. Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics (Switch) - 210 min.
10. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Xbox Series X) - 120 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 2776 min. (#3)
2. PC - 1306 min. (#2)
3. Xbox Series X - 660 min.
4. GBA - 458 min. (#4)
5. iOS - 142 min. (#6)
6. PS4 - 109 min. (#1)
7. PS2 - 58 min.
8. Xbox One - 52 min.
9. DS - 44 min. (#8)

Total 5605 minutes and 31 different games on 9 different systems, with 7 participants. (*)

Blue Reflection: Second Light advanced into First place, though hunted by Shredder's Revenge which attacks from three fronts of which the Switch version is the closest to the title. On the systems front, the Switch takes the title with times reported on 9 games.

Two games enter the 50 Hours Club:

Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classic (Switch) with 3114 min.

Blue Reflection: Second Light (PC) with 3085 min.

Happy Midsummer!

(*) Including @Prosystemsearch who posted 4 minutes of GZDOOM in the classic tracker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I hate when I miss a week.  If it matters any, Fallen Order was all a 6/12-18 and Octopath was all 6/19-25.

PC
Octopath Traveler
- 800 min (Playing Octopath finally.  Interesting setup, reminds me of SaGa Frontier or something.  Pretty fun so far, the characters are mostly interesting.  Not sure how long it will take, but so far I have about 6 out of the 8 starting characters "1st Chapters" complete.   Might take a while depending on how many chapters there are.  I'm not a fan of the blur that they put in the backgrounds/foregrounds.  I'd rather it all be clear.  The blur makes me feel like I need to clean my screen or something.)

Jedi Fallen Order - 1468 min (I played this almost every day last week and beat it.  Not 100%, though.  After a while I started getting to where I no longer cared about the different crates and "secrets" and such.  The crates rarely do anything other than give different cosmetic upgrades, which didn't really matter to me.  The end battle/sequence was really cool.  I won't spoil it in case someone hasn't played it, but I was pretty happy with how it played out.  The part after the last battle, meh.)

Edited by Eltigro
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, Eltigro said:

I hate when I miss a week.  If it matters any, Fallen Order was all a 6/12-18 and Octopath was all 6/19-25.

PC
Octopath Traveler
- 800 min (Playing Octopath finally.  Interesting setup, reminds me of SaGa Frontier or something.  Pretty fun so far, the characters are mostly interesting.  Not sure how long it will take, but so far I have about 6 out of the 8 starting characters "1st Chapters" complete.   Might take a while depending on how many chapters there are.  I'm not a fan of the blur that they put in the backgrounds/foregrounds.  I'd rather it all be clear.  The blur makes me feel like I need to clean my screen or something.)

Jedi Fallen Order - 1468 min (I played this almost every day last week and beat it.  Not 100%, though.  After a while I started getting to where I no longer cared about the different crates and "secrets" and such.  The crates rarely do anything other than give different cosmetic upgrades, which didn't really matter to me.  The end battle/sequence was really cool.  I won't spoil it in case someone hasn't played it, but I was pretty happy with how it played out.  The part after the last battle, meh.)

Octopath is a good (if not long) game.  :)  I'd expect to put in 40-50 hours for a playthrough- I think there's four chapters per character.

• Like 2

I actually tracked my Switch time this week with some really good (and one kind of eeeh) compilations.

Switch:

Capcom Fighting Collection -- 480 minutes
Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics -- 210 minutes
Dead Cells -- 240 minutes
Pac-Man Museum + -- 210 minutes
Sonic Mania -- 180 minutes
Sonic Origins -- 600 minutes
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge -- 600 minutes

• Like 4

A pretty tiny week for gaming for me this week, since now that the summer's here I've been spending a lot more time outside doing other non-gaming hobbies and stuff. I just played a bit more Resident Evil 4 on the Switch and, well... that was pretty much it!

Nintendo Switch
Resident Evil 4 - 340 minutes 

• Like 4

Most of my time was on the modern gaming side this week again:

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 58 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 75 minutes

Missed my first community day badge due to foot trouble.

Pinball Dreams - 23 minutes

Atari VCS:

Gravitar Recharged - 20 minutes

Started challenge mode over to see if there's anything exclusive on the VCS.

Nintendo Game Boy Advance:

Lilo & Stitch - 25 minutes

Played this fun Metal Slug-inspired(!!) run and gun game in honor of 6/26, which I am told is Stitch Day. Digital Eclipse were on such a tear on the GBA. It's a shame they fractured.

Nintendo Switch:

Gal Metal - 45 minutes

I was so jazzed about this game because it's been too long since I played any music games and schoolgirl metal rocks, but the plot centers around the fact that the player character is the consciousness of a boy that has been transplanted and given agency of a girl's body, with the girl's consciousness reduced to a powerless advisor/cheerleader. Although it is at least not pervy thus far, this is an idiotic plot at any time but feels particularly gross at the current moment. It really sours what is otherwise a very likeable game.

Gravitar Recharged - 210 minutes

Finished single player challenge mode. #2 in the world in challenge mode on the Switch. If you've always wanted to like Gravitar and previous entries and clones were just too unforgiving, please give this game a try. You will be pleasantly surprised at how forgiving it is and incredibly frustrated with yourself every time you die because it's always your fault.

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - 180 minutes

I decided I had to pick this up again as it was derailed by personal life disaster last year. And you know what... it's just not doing it for me. Compares to the Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice games, it is over the top with the exposition. Making me sit through a tutorial about how to do a trial after fifteen years of playing these games is bad enough, but to then compound the problem with a bunch of supposedly funny character interactions that just waste time... I dunno. Maybe it's my state of mind but I swear these games used to be a bit snappier.

Nokia N-Gage:

Civilization - 75 minutes

I have never been good at this type of game, but I am hoping a simplified version isn't beyond me. As the rarest US commercially released N-Gage game, it was also a good motivation to figure out how to play games I don't officially own...

• Like 3

American in Flight

Rally 9

Ultimate Yahtzee 40

DS

Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou 2 7

PC

Pinball Arcade, The 75

River Raid Squadron 20

XOne

Gems of War 75

Jeopardy 11

Mighty Goose 53

Pac-Man Museum+ 60

I should probably post more commentary, but I'm on another trip (Sussex UK) and saving data usage so want to be quick.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I love my Switch and spend a lot of time with it.

Games played today:

TMNT Shredder’s Revenge

Final Vendetta 

Unless otherwise mentioned, I'll scribble you down for 5 min on each game. Feel free to give a somewhat more specific estimate, even if it is not down to the exact minute.

• Like 3

On 6/26/2022 at 6:30 PM, Eltigro said:

No problem. We apply catch-up in the tracker, within reasonable time periods. I would hesitate to collect minutes spent on games in January - April now at the end of June, but 2-4 weeks back in time is no problem. However I don't have editing privileges to modify already posted stats, so I include times in the week they were posted. In the long run everything sums up anyway.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, wongojack said:

American in Flight

Rally 9

Ultimate Yahtzee 40

Yay, that is our third in-flight entertainment system after Air Canada and Global Eagle. I wonder how many of them buy their entertainment systems from the same manufacturer, though they probably want unique content so you could not easily correlate the different systems to each other.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, carlsson said:

No problem. We apply catch-up in the tracker, within reasonable time periods. I would hesitate to collect minutes spent on games in January - April now at the end of June, but 2-4 weeks back in time is no problem. However I don't have editing privileges to modify already posted stats, so I include times in the week they were posted. In the long run everything sums up anyway.

Yeah, just throws off the accuracy of things at year end like "We played the most minutes the week of..."

And usually wouldn't be much difference, but that was over 24 hours.  lol

• Like 1

Week 25

Top games

1. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (PC) - 1468 min.
2. Sonic Origins (Switch) - 1040 min.
3. Blue Reflection: Second Light (PC) - 1037 min. (#1)
4. Sonic Origins (PC) - 828 min.
5. Octopath Traveler (PC) - 800 min.
6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Switch) - 720 min. (#2)
7. Capcom Fighting Collection (Switch) - 480 min.
8. Resident Evil 4 (Switch) - 340 min. (#3)
9. Final Vendetta (Switch) - 270 min.
10. Dead Cells (Switch) - 240 min.

Top systems

1. PC - 4228 min. (#2)
2. Switch - 4125 min. (#1)
3. Xbox One - 199 min. (#8)
4. iOS - 156 min. (#5)
5. PS4 - 108 min. (#6)
6. Nokia N-Gage - 75 min.
7. In-Flight ES American - 49 min.
8. GBA - 25 min. (#4)
9. Atari VCS - 20 min.
10. DS - 7 min. (#9)

Total 8992 minutes and 35 different games on 10 different systems, with 7 participants.

Contrary to the game title, the PC Jedi don't seem to have fallen yet as they become the most played game, a little over 7 hours ahead of Sonic Origins on the Switch and Blue Reflection: Second Light. The top two systems together make up for almost 93% of the total number of minutes, and inbetween them the PC is 103 min ahead of the Switch.

Further down the list, Duolingo (iOS) joins the 50 Hour Club with a total of 3018 minutes. Most notable perhaps is that not a single game with 5000+ minutes of gameplay got anything this week. Of those tracked this week, it actually was Pikmin Bloom (iOS) with the highest all-time total of 4625 min. I'm planning to post more mid-season stats after next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

No Blue Reflection TIE this week, as I'm pretty much done with it. I started a second playthrough 2 weeks ago to see the true ending but don't really feel like replaying the entire thing to see what is apparently quite literally just a 20-second extension of the regular ending. Fairy Fencer F ADF is back but on PC, and, most importantly, I'm adding a few new arcade games to the list.

PC
Blue Revolver - 30
Crimzon Clover World EXplosion - 12
Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force - 198
Sonic CD (2011) - 2

I ended up testing something, so here's the 2011 Sonic CD remake. Not to be confused with the 1996 version or the 2022 version!
Sonic Mania - 94
Sonic Origins - 432

PS4
Battle Garegga Rev.2016 - 3
Get Star - 3
Hishouzame - 28
Kyuukyoku Tiger - 61
Raiden IV x MIKADO remix - 70
Same! Same! Same! (2P ver) - 11
Tiger-Heli - 76

Switch
Raiden IV x MIKADO remix - 17
Sennou Game Teki-Paki - 14

Arcade
1944 The Loop Master - 10
F-Zero AX - 5
Progear no Arashi - 5

Pic_0629_048.thumb.jpg.cc82254d4a2f6ac73d55d96c4454f39a.jpg

Pic_0629_055.thumb.jpg.f6083ac07f092d57e64dc4487bfc995e.jpg

Pic_0629_054.thumb.jpg.b3cd57f44da1927902ecce405860bf0c.jpg

What arcade games have been tracked in the modern tracker? I know there are very few of them and I think a lot of them are actually mine as it is.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

What arcade games have been tracked in the modern tracker?

With the latest additions, the list looks something like this. Years can be a bit tricky to get right, but I did my best.

1944 The Loop Master (2000)
After Burner Climax (2006)
Dariusburst Another Chronicle (2010)
Dariusburst Another Chronicle EX (2011)
DoDonPachi II (Bee Storm) (2001)
DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou EXA LABEL (2020)
Dolphin Star (2015)
F-Zero AX (2003)
Gaelco Championship Tuning Race (2005)
Gauntlet Dark Legacy (2000)
Gimmick! EXACT * MIX (2005)
Great Mahou Daisakusen (2000)
Guitar Hero Arcade (2008)
Halo Fireteam Raven (2018)
House of the Dead 4, The (2005)
Jurassic Park Arcade (2015) (2015)
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting (2000)
Metal Slug 3 (2000)
Muchi Muchi Pork (2007)
Out Run 2 (2003)
Progear no Arashi (2001)
Progear Storm Of Progia (2001)
Rabbids Hollywood (2017)
Senjin Aleste (2021)
Space Invaders Frenzy (2017)
Space Paranoids Deluxe (2004?)
Time Crisis 3 (2003)
Twin Tiger Shark - not the SAME! (2021)
World's Largest Pac-Man, The (2016)

• Like 2

As usual, I have no times to report in the modern tracker but want to "brag" about my current streaks in FreeCell and Spider Solitaire (beginner level with only 1 deck color) in Windows 7. I know the interface is different and possibly the games are re-implemented in Microsoft Solitaire Collection that comes with Windows 10 and upwards, but even without the difficulty choices and experience points system, I'm quite pleased to currently have streaks of 45 won games in FreeCell and 46 won games in Spider Solitaire. Of course it means the downfall will be greater once I lose.

freecell-spidersolitaire-streaks-20220703.jpg.1a3074c60a412782a7dcc5ae8ea195e3.jpg

• Like 4