IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2022)

carlsson

All I have for modern this week is

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 for Playstation 2 - 132 minutes

I'm still working on my emulator file going for 100% capsules without using the skill shop code but I switched to the $45 used pawn shop PS5 controller I found. I like it better than the PS4 controller I was using.

Progress:

played through Dragon World once and got Nappa's Breakthrough capsule and two more rare support capsules. It still says I have 91%. Comparing to a capsule list on Gamefaqs, it looks like I am only missing 5 rare support capsules:

1/3 Senzu Bean
Senzu Bean
Gero's Energy R&D
Chi-chi's Wish
Loyalty to Frieza

and I need to play training mode which I haven't bothered with to get the capsules for those modes. After that it's just all the Breakthroughs and Fusions.

• Like 6

Really only three games for the Modern tracker this week.

PSP:

Final Fantasy: 20th Anniversary Edition -- 120 minutes

Final Fantasy IV -- 240 minutes   

I know, I know, yet another playthrough of FFIV on another system.  This time I'm playing it on the PSP as part of the 'FFIV Complete' package.  Once I finish I want to dive into After Years since I haven't played it before.

Switch:

Knights of the Old Republic -- 840 minutes

KotOR plays much more smoothly after its recent patch (plus, having a cheat mode doesn't hurt, lol).  I was pretty disappointed because I bought it on release and it played awful then.

XBox Series X:

Forza Horizon 5 -- 240 minutes

I'm kind of in the same spot as @Eltigro- I load up the game weekly (after Thursday) to check out the seasonal challenges and work on a handful of them then usually move on to something else, lol.

• Like 7

On 1/29/2022 at 7:42 PM, Eltigro said:

This week's numbers...

All on PC

Forza Horizon 5 - 194 min (Really just logged on to do this week's challenges.  Got a couple new cars.  Did a rival.  I've been winding down on this since the people I was playing with have stopped playing it as much.  Seems crazy that a game only a couple months old is now... well... old.)

No Man's Sky - 1979 min (So much to do in this game.  Hasn't gotten old yet.  Upgrading stuff, building the base, doing the quests, and generally just goofing off.  I'm not advancing the main quest that fast.  Having fun doing other stuff.  But that means that some upgrades that you get doing the quests, I've already gotten by the time I do the quest.  So I get no reward.  Oh well.  I streamed this one this week and was naming different animals on a planet after viewers in the chat.  Had fun with that.  Also was playing in the PermaDeath mode while streaming.  First game didn't last very long... but the second one survived the early ordeals and was doing okay.  May continue with that on stream next week.)

On 1/30/2022 at 8:58 AM, neogeo1982 said:

PS4:

No Mans Sky: 1255min

Jumped almost 100k light years toward galaxy center this week. In my second galaxy so no real story to progress, just lots of exploring.

Organ Trail: 30min

20220129_201741.jpg

You guys may influence my next game choice.  I haven't played No Man's Sky for a few years now, and I keep meaning to go back.  I have it for PS4 and on GamePass, and I think the VR update hit PS4 for free already, so there's no reason for me not to get back in.  I just know that once I start, it will be like 10k minutes later when I come up for air - LOL. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

As for my times for the week

Browser Based 

Wordle 10 

PC 
Malzbie's Pinball Collection 221 

X360 
Bionic Commando Rearmed 985 

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 165 

Crazy Taxi 39 

Outrun Online Arcade 22

XOne 

Mass Effect Legendary Edition 150 

I tried Wordle.  I played it with my work teammates during a meeting just to show those of us who hadn't tried it what all the fuss is about.  It seems fine but hardly justifies all the attention it is getting.  This also marks the first time that I have submitted time in the "Browser Based" category (I think).  Woo Hoo!

On the PC, I kept trying out the tables in Malzbie's Pinball Collection.  The tables are kind of easy, but there's something about this collection that strikes the right balance between simulation and video game.  It is trying to be both which you'd think would be a mistake, but it works in this case.

The Bionic Commando'ing continued.  I finished Challenge Level 56 in BCR, and it might be the hardest video game accomplishment I've ever achieved.  I'd rank it up there with things like beating all the levels on Arkanoid, finishing Impossible Mission, racing to higher than 600k in Le Mans, and getting above 40k in Kaboom.  Except, it required more repetition and practice than all of those.  I kept playing to find some additional collectibles.  I've now found all of the weapon upgrades in BCR and all of the Yashichis in both BCR and BCR2.  There are a few more achievements and collectibles to hunt down in BCR2, and of course higher difficulty levels for both games.  There's even a few additional challenge rooms for BCR.  There really is a shocking amount of content in these games.  I may play that more this week, or I may need a break from my Bionic alter egos.  We'll see.

• Like 5

Wordle is a social phenomenon primarily, but it is also a really brilliantly designed game. The way it gives hints and the way a starting word can make or break the game makes it more compelling the more you play. The fact that you can only do one a day has kept it fresh so far. I think people are burning themselves  out on it by playing the various spinoffs, so I have stopped doing anything except the thing itself.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Wordle is a social phenomenon primarily, but it is also a really brilliantly designed game. The way it gives hints and the way a starting word can make or break the game makes it more compelling the more you play. The fact that you can only do one a day has kept it fresh so far. I think people are burning themselves  out on it by playing the various spinoffs, so I have stopped doing anything except the thing itself.

I wasn't particularly impressed with the design.  It's Mastermind with words, but I suppose you can't discount the fact that putting existing elements together in a new package can add a critical piece that pushes an experience over the top.  I'll probably give it another try.

Mastermind of course has the advantage that it is not limited to a specific language . . .

• Like 2

Coming in a touch late this week on account of an unusually eventful day yesterday, but I've got a good bit of time to contribute :)

Ineligible

Assembloids (Atari 2600) - 102 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 12 minutes

Resident Evil: Director's Cut (PlayStation) - 173 minutes

Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (Arcade) - 20 minutes

Super Mario Land DX (Game Boy Color) - 55 minutes

Tomb Raider (PlayStation) - 184 minutes
Tomb Raider III (PlayStation) - 70 minutes

Nintendo Switch
Resident Evil - 325 minutes

Browser Based

Wordle  - 89 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,030 minutes (17 hours 10 minutes) [414 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

PlayStation: 427 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 325 minutes

Atari 2600: 102 minutes

Browser Based: 89 minutes

Game Boy Color: 55 minutes

Arcade: 32 minutes

• Like 6

Week 04

Top games

1. No Man's Sky (PC) - 1979 min. (#1)
2. No Man's Sky (PS4) - 1255 min. (#6)
3. Bionic Commando Rearmed (Xbox 360) - 985 min.
4. Knights of the Old Republic (Switch) - 840 min.
5. TIS-100 (PC) - 445 min. (#4)
6. Kangokutou Mary Skelter (Vita) - 338 min.
7. Resident Evil [HD Remaster based on GameCube ver] (Switch) - 325 min.
8. Kyuukyoku Tiger (PS4) - 307 min.
9. Final Fantasy IV (PSP) - 240 min.
9. Forza Horizon 5 (Xbox Series X) - 240 min. (#3)

Top systems

1. PC - 3157 min. (#1)
2. PS4 - 1677 min. (#5)
3. Switch - 1313 min. (#3)
4. Xbox 360 - 1211 min. (#10)
5. PSP - 360 min.
6. Vita - 338 min.
7. Browser based - 328 min. (#7)
8. Xbox Series X - 240 min. (#2)
9. Xbox One - 150 min. (#4)
10. PS2 - 132 min. (#9)

Total 9072 minutes and 38 different games on 12 different systems, with 10 participants.

No Man's Sky takes the double on the PC and PS4, which both also become the top two most played systems. For once, only 1 of the all-time top 10 games gets any play time this week (Mass Effect: Legendary Edition).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Oh man did I play a truly insane game this time... just thinking about it makes me laugh at how insane it is. Also probably going to set a record for the newest arcade game in the tracker this time, as well; Senjin Aleste is finally here!

PC
Arcana Heart 3 LOVEMAX SIXSTARS!!!!!! XTEND - 49

Damn I hate typing that title so much so I just copy it from Steam instead every time so I don't have to remember it all lol.
R-Type Final 2 - 105

Arcade
After Burner Climax - 5
Dariusburst Another Chronicle EX - 5
Senjin Aleste - 10
(Probably) The newest arcade game in the tracker! This only released a few months ago and I've wanted to play it since they announced it. This game is really cool and has a lot of really interesting mechanics that I totally don't understand at all because I wasn't paying attention during the relatively long tutorial, so I really hope it gets a home release. You play as the team of 4 girls and can swap between them and they all have their own unique traits and die separately and can be revived and stuff. Here it is:

Pic_0202_926.thumb.jpg.206754ed609c6436078cf833bc58b7c9.jpg

See Type-C blue half-Russian-half-Japanese girl Tanya? Yeah, choose her as the leader if you ever play this.

PS4
Battle Garegga Rev.2016 - 154
Kyuukyoku Tiger - 40
Sennou Game Teki-Paki - 32
Twin Cobra - 10

PS2
DoDonPachi Daioujou - 56

Here it is: one of the hardest shooters of all time. Probably shouldn't be playing this at my skill level, but I didn't really buy it for this, as I really bought it for the thing directly below this...
DoDonPachi Daioujou Death Label - 6

Do you ABSOLUTELY HATE YOURSELF? If you do, play this. This game is so incredibly difficult that since its release in April of 2003, only 2 people are known to have ever finished this unholy game and the first clear took over 7 years to achieve. There is a third clear, but apparently people think it was not done legitimately. This is the hardest game on the PS2. It might be the hardest game ever made that is actually possible to complete, although DoDonPachi Saidaioujou's true final boss has never been killed on a single credit, so I guess it can go either way. If you love pain, you need to play Death Label because you're probably never going to finish it. This is included on the Daioujou disc as a separate game mode, but it looks to me like it's loading an entirely new game when you select it and something this insane deserves to be tracked separately anyway.

Xbox 360
Ikaruga (demo) - 4
The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (demo) - 5
KOF Sky Stage (demo) - 5
Radiant Silvergun (demo) - 5

Picked up a 360 about 10 hours ago, but no games, so I downloaded some demos on the Xbox store. Not much to say here.

Vita
Kangokutou Mary Skelter - 186

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 5

PS4

No Man's Sky - 1320min

Many pictures and progress on the top of the PS4 forum. Freighter base building, fleet missions, and lots of crafting. Lots of progress, just not always toward the galaxy center.

Panzer Dragoon remake - 25min

• Like 4

On 2/2/2022 at 4:05 PM, Steven Pendleton said:

What's the newest arcade game in the tracker?

Fortunately the list of modern arcade games is fewer than 20 titles so I could somewhat easily go through those. You're correct that Senjin Aleste (2021) is the most recent, followed by Halo Fireteam Raven (2018) and two entries from 2017: Rabbids Hollywood and Space Invaders Frenzy.

• Like 2

Just one modern game this week.  I bet you can guess what it was...

PC

No Man's Sky - 2120 min (Yeah... over 35 hours.  I spent more time playing NMS this week than I spent at my actual job.  I mean, I was off a day because of weather, but still.  Also I spent most of that day off playing.  Anyway, did much more with the freighter and missions for frigates and discovered that you can have settlements and roamed around a lot...  so much to do.)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Dusted off some modernish handhelds:

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 61 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 49 minutes

Browser:

Nerdle - 15 minutes. Wordle with arithmetic equations.

Squardle - 29 minutes. Wordle Sudoku.

Wordle - 45 minutes. Two 6/6 words this week.

Nintendo 3DS:

Nano Assault EX - 30 minutes. This has some rough spots (the Iridion-style tunnel sequences are really hard to read for safe passages) but it's chock full of content and a lot of fun.

Nintendo DSi:

Art Style: Pictobits - 15 minutes. I miss the Art Style games a lot. That was my favorite era of Nintendo-published games and it's not close.

Sony PSP:

Capcom Puzzle Collection - 25 minutes of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo. It's a port, not the emulated PS1 version.

Platypus - 60 minutes evenly divided between survival and story modes.

Tiny Arcade:

Centipede "World's Smallest Atari 2600" version - 20 minutes. This is a whole different game from the Micro Arcade version, and much faster. Spiders and fleas and scorpions are still slow, but the centipede is ridiculously fast. It's pretty good.

Super Breakout "World's Smallest Atari 2600" version - 15 minutes. The boringest Breakout ever.

Warlords "World's Smallest Atari 2600" version - 15 minutes. Fun version even if only one CPU plays to win.

• Like 5

363 Min - PC - Teleglitch

205 min - PC - TIS-100 

I actually manages to free up a few lines of space to be able to reset and everything

worked smoothly...  Except the damn ties show up in Red..  I'm supposed to check

for ties and output 0..  Can't think of a way of doing it without at least 3 lines to check for

the tie and 2 to replace the current value with 0..  then I need to deal with 0 messing 

up my output checks..  Still  out of reach!

image.thumb.png.112f73d28065ecf137896f1e789e1432.png

• Like 7

This week I played

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 for Playstation 2 - 606 minutes

Progress:

This week's progress seals the deal that I will eventually unlock all the capsules. I played Training Mode then got the last of the random capsules in Dragon World so all that is left are the rest of the Breakthrough and Fusion capsules. I played through Dragon World 4 times and got Great Saiyaman, Yamcha, and Dr. Gero's Breakthroughs + the Tiencha Fusion capsule.

The hardest random capsules for me to find were Senzu Bean and 1/3 Senzu Bean. Those can be found in the space Kid Buu occupies in the last level. The 1/3 Senzu Bean is there randomly among other possibilities the first turn that you search. The Senzu Bean seems to always be there if you search the spot twice.

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, carlsson said:

Fortunately the list of modern arcade games is fewer than 20 titles so I could somewhat easily go through those. You're correct that Senjin Aleste (2021) is the most recent, followed by Halo Fireteam Raven (2018) and two entries from 2017: Rabbids Hollywood and Space Invaders Frenzy.

I expected that there would be few of them, but damn, less than 20... I know that I think at least 2 of those are mine from earlier, as well, like OutRun2 and After Burner Climax, but I think there was another one that I entered last year in the first half of the year or something... can't remember.

Found it! It was Gimmick! EXACT☆MIX, which I played in June of last year. Cool game. I'd like to play it again, but it was set up at BEEP as a demo thing, but it's long gone now.

There is an arcade game that I could have played that's actually newer than Senjin Aleste: Cotton Rock 'n' Roll, which got released in arcades shortly after Senjin Aleste and shortly before the home release of Cotton Rock 'n' Roll, but since I already have that on Switch (and have not gotten around to playing it since like launch week, a problem that I really ought to fix), I don't see much point in paying to play it at the arcade lol.

There are a bunch of more modern arcade games at Mikado, though, and I'm sure nobody has tracked them due to their rarity: DoDonPachi Daioujou (yes, the original arcade version of the PS2 game I logged last night), DoDonPachi Daioujou Black Label, DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu, DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Black Label, DoDonPachi Saidaioujou exA Label, Ketsui, and a few others that I don't remember. Some modern KOF games are there as well, but I'm not really into playing fighting games at the arcade since I'm bad at those.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 3

I spent all my modern gaming time on the Switch with two games:

Switch:

Knights of the Old Republic1260 minutes

Pokemon Legends: Arceus - 1140 minutes

I'd be further into KoTOR if i hadn't started over 13 hours in with a different playthrough; maybe this is why I never finish these darn games! I wanted to try a different strategy on playing with having a Level 2 Scout, trying to get through Taris without going over Level 2, then the rest as a Jedi Guardian.  It's tough, but doable, and so so fun.

Arceus is a lot of fun but I'm not wanting to give my thoughts on it until I've finished the game so I can give a better player's overview.  I think personally that Arceus is what Sword/Shield should've been, though.

• Like 6

PS4 

Horizon Zero Dawn 344 

XBox 

MX Unleashed 136 

XBox 360 

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 614 

Bionic Commando Rearmed 59 

Decimation X 48 

Ms Splosion Man 87 

Peggle 80 

Space Invaders Infinity Gene 53 

SSX 37 

XBox One 

Neuro Voider 58 

I finally started Horizon Zero Dawn.  I removed plastic from the physical game case and everything.  Not sure when I bought it, but I usually buy new games when they hit $24.99 or less.  It has been a few years.  Anywyay, I really liked the first 5 or so hours I spent with it this weekend, and because I just got a new TV, I was able to enjoy its HDR-ness.  Had to unplug PSVR though.

Most of my other gaming was done on a small screen in the same room as our new tv while my wife played Mass Effect or we watched the Olympics.  Hence why I am looking for games that require very little need to actually listen to the game sounds.  As for the Bionic Commandos, I think I am almost done.  I'm playing through BCR2 without jumping or using any additional tools/weapons.  That should give me 2 additional achievements, and I think I'll probably shut both games down after that (for a while).

• Like 5

Not a whole lotta gaming time for me this week on account of being preoccupied with various projects, but Mrs. Skippy picked up the slack with a decent bit of time logged in the original Tomb Raider on the PlayStation :)

Ineligible
BurgerTime (Arcade) - 10 minutes

Mortal Kombat (Sega Genesis) - 25 minutes

Samurai Shodown II (Neo Geo AES/MVS) - 15 minutes

Tomb Raider (PlayStation) - 240 minutes

Nintendo Switch
Resident Evil [HD Remaster of GameCube REmake] - 110 minutes

Browser Based

Wordle - 45 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
445 minutes (7 hours 25 minutes) [155 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
PlayStation: 240 minutes
Nintendo Switch: 110 minutes
Browser Based: 45 minutes
Sega Genesis: 25 minutes
Neo Geo AES/MVS: 15 minutes
Arcade: 10 minutes

• Like 4

I've been playing a match or two of Gears 5 Horde Mode these past few weeks.
Been working on leveling up my Nomad class and finally feel like I'm getting my abilities up to be a decent team contributor.

Previously worked on leveling up Marksman, but I found it harder to contribute properly on higher difficulty levels as enemies take multiple headshots to go down and you're a sitting duck if enemies swarm you when in cover.

• Like 4