IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2022 (Season 15)

carlsson

The Neo Geo turned 32 on the 26th. Did you play your Neo Geo to celebrate? I sadly wasn't able to. Something weird is going on with mine on the RetroTINK, so I had to use the MiSTer instead of my real Neo Geo. Sadness.

Arcade
Out Zone - 20
Same! Same! Same! (2P version) - 23

I couldn't wait for the Thursday release, so I played a little bit on MAME a few days before. Now that the PS4 and Switch versions are in hand, this will likely be the last time I ever track this here unless I actually see a cabinet in town, as I'm counting all M2 ShotTriggers arcade releases as actual ports, as they are closer to that than just emulation, so they all go on modern side.

G/MD
Hellfire - 19
Same! Same! Same! - 49

SFC/SNES
Akumajou Dracula (prototype) - 28

Neo Geo AES/MVS
Magician Lord (AES) - 22
One of the extremely few Neo Geo games where the MVS and AES versions play pretty differently. I think there are only 1 or 2 other games where there are major differences like this, but I forget what games those are. I am not sure if the MVS and AES versions are being tracked separately or together, so I guess just put this in as appropriate if they aren't already being tracked separately.
Neo Turf Masters - 10
Shock Troopers - 21
Xeno Crisis - 5

Yeah, I don't really like the controls in this version of the game, making it my least favourite by far. Play the Mega Drive/Genesis or Dreamcast versions instead.

Dreamcast
Hanagumi Taisen Columns 2 - 21
Xeno Crisis - 17

Neo Geo Pocket Color
Fatal Fury First Contact - 6
Metal Slug First Mission - 10
Neo Turf Masters - 14

I got that collection on the Switch the other day, so I tried a few games. Emulation seems good, so definitely try it. It came in the mail just before the new Toaplan collection did, though, so I didn't play for very long.

• Like 6

Atari 8-bit:
Serpentine - 10 min.

Intellivision:
Antarctic Tales Enhanced Edition - 3 min
Auto Racing - 15 min.
Donkey Kong - 2 min.
Donkey Kong Arcade - 1 min.
ISTAR - 1 min.
Infiltrator (contest edition) - 3 min.
Intellipongola - 10 min.
Intellivania (demo) - 7 min.
Jumpking Junior - 3 min.
PONG - 10 min.
Pandora Incident, The (contest edition) - 5 min.
Pitfall! - 3 min.
Poker Risque - 1 min.
Pole Position - 2 min.
Stonix - 7 min.
Super Cobra - 5 min.
Zaxxon - 1 min.

Some of my friends were looking for a get-together on Walpurgis night, but since very few were interested, it fizzled out. Instead one of my friends paid me a visit early Saturday night. In order to have something to do, I fired up the Intellivision on my 40" TV and we played through a few classics and tested a number of modern homebrews. Once he had left, I played some more A8 HSC but since neither Mr. Robot nor Serpentine calls to me, I didn't spend a lot of time on that. At least it is better than zero.

For those worrying about my leg, here is the status after one week of penicillin. It should be noted that that swelling almost went to my knee and circumferenced my entire leg when I seeked care, and what remains now is the only part that is red. It should take a few weeks to entirely heal, and I've got pills that last until next Friday.

erysipelas-1week.thumb.jpg.f3b78ad85a2da81c4115e202b6e4b442.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

The Neo Geo turned 32 on the 26th. Did you play your Neo Geo to celebrate? I sadly wasn't able to. Something weird is going on with mine on the RetroTINK, so I had to use the MiSTer instead of my real Neo Geo. Sadness.

Arcade
Out Zone - 20
Same! Same! Same! (2P version) - 23

I couldn't wait for the Thursday release, so I played a little bit on MAME a few days before. Now that the PS4 and Switch versions are in hand, this will likely be the last time I ever track this here unless I actually see a cabinet in town, as I'm counting all M2 ShotTriggers arcade releases as actual ports, as they are closer to that than just emulation, so they all go on modern side.

G/MD
Hellfire - 19
Same! Same! Same! - 49

SFC/SNES
Akumajou Dracula (prototype) - 28

Neo Geo AES/MVS
Magician Lord (AES) - 22
One of the extremely few Neo Geo games where the MVS and AES versions play pretty differently. I think there are only 1 or 2 other games where there are major differences like this, but I forget what games those are. I am not sure if the MVS and AES versions are being tracked separately or together, so I guess just put this in as appropriate if they aren't already being tracked separately.
Neo Turf Masters - 10
Shock Troopers - 21
Xeno Crisis - 5

Yeah, I don't really like the controls in this version of the game, making it my least favourite by far. Play the Mega Drive/Genesis or Dreamcast versions instead.

Dreamcast
Hanagumi Taisen Columns 2 - 21
Xeno Crisis - 17

Neo Geo Pocket Color
Fatal Fury First Contact - 6
Metal Slug First Mission - 10
Neo Turf Masters - 14

I got that collection on the Switch the other day, so I tried a few games. Emulation seems good, so definitely try it. It came in the mail just before the new Toaplan collection did, though, so I didn't play for very long.

whats happening with your Tink? I had issues once I updated the firmware. I backed it down to 2.39 and now its fine

• Like 4

My times for the week:

NES:

Batsu & Terry - 130 min.

Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak - 2 min.

Sky Kid - 3 min.

Beat Batsu & Terry, albeit with a continue code (hold A on the title screen) that may or may not be legitimate. Some Japanese games list such codes in the manual, some don't.

• Like 6

This week I played:

Pokemon Red Version for Game Boy - 195 minutes

Super Mario Bros.: Level Headed v0.3.8 for NES - 41 minutes

Progress:

Pokemon Red - I'm working my way through the Vermilion City areas. I left off fighting my way through the S.S. Anne.

Super Mario Bros.: Level-Headed - I tried to play through 3 of my first batch of totally random difficulty games and couldn't get through any of them.

• Like 6

CoCo2

Demon Seed - 30 minutes

RallySG - 20 minutes

CoCo3

Zero Hour - 320 minutes

Commodore 64

PacMan (Arlasoft) - 15 minutes

Odyssey2 

P.T. Barnum's Acrobats! - 20 minutes

Speedway! - 10 minutes

Sega SG-1000

Bank Panic - 25 minutes

Championship LodeRunner - 5 minutes

Dragon Wang - 2minutes

Elevator Action - 2 minutes

Lode Runner - 35 minutes

N-Sub - 20 minutes

• Like 5

Classic games for me this week...

NES
Castlevania
- 30 min (Was just messing about with it while watching a stream of someone playing it.  It's one of those games that, when I'm watching someone else play, it makes me want to play.)

Went to the arcade and played several games, but only a couple really had much time on them...

Arcade

Ms Pac Man - 10 min  (I tried many times, but never got the high score this time around.  Kept making stupid mistakes, so about my usual performance.)

Knights of the Round - 8 min (I've had fun playing this on MAME, so it was nice to get to play it on the real thing.)

thumbnail_IMG_7927.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7930.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7931.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7937.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7941.jpg

Edited by Eltigro
  • Like 7

@Eltigro - what arcade is that?

NES 

RC Pro-Am 180 

I guess I'm a competitor in the NES HSC because this makes about 5 weeks in a row that I've contributed a high score.  RC Pro-Am happens to be one of my favorite NES games of all time, and I even won the HSC the last time it was featured.  

• Like 6

Coming in a touch late this week, but still in time I think! :)

Ineligible (All Nintendo Switch)
DOOM [2016 Remake] - 415 minutes
DOOM Eternal - 600 minutes

Atari 2600
Gravitar - 79 minutes
Super Breakout - 175 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,269 minutes (21 hours 9 minutes) [254 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 1,015 minutes

Atari 2600: 254 minutes

• Like 5

Hopefully I don't miss anything... quite a fragmented week.

Arcade:

Discs of Tron - 15 minutes

Tron - 90 minutes

Atari 2600:

Gravitar - 70 minutes for HSC

Super Breakout - 240 minutes for HSC across emulators on four different systems and four different versions of the Nintendo DS alone

9745151E-B66B-4F19-A040-46485693C8E4.jpeg

23D8C0FF-29D1-4011-B22C-85AADC3CDBDF.thumb.jpeg.bdac7bb455670251913d498ec68cb20a.jpeg

Atari Lynx:

California Games - 65 minutes for FB HSC

48DAD53C-2BC6-4B91-8E72-C9483E05CF54.thumb.jpeg.fba305e7df5fbe639ef1e236982de903.jpeg

Chopper X - 10 minutes

4562F53B-29A9-42E8-AD6F-6C32E3BF3A32.thumb.jpeg.39e78b02fbce9a00f91d87c7b935e314.jpeg

S.T.U.N. Runner - 75 minutes for HSC

6D7746D2-8597-48AD-9993-0F4CE72297F3.thumb.jpeg.cfaba9f9cd448c47de3be5e88ee0c636.jpeg

Dedicated handheld:3

MGA Pen Arcade: Blockade (total) - 45 minutes comprised of

DB17E69D-C15A-4B65-BCCB-FBEAA3C93098.thumb.jpeg.6bb742cd4c933a9065de78e46efbd8b0.jpeg

2-Lane Car Racing (MGA Pen Arcade: Blockade) - 5 minutes

3-Lane Car Racing (MGA Pen Arcade: Blockade) - 2 minutes

Blockade (MGA Pen Arcade: Blockade) - 10 minutes

Jumping Blocks 1 (MGA Pen Arcade: Blockade) - 10 minutes

Jumping Blocks 2 (MGA Pen Arcade: Blockade) - 5 minutes

Missile Attack (MGA Pen Arcade: Blockade) - 5 minutes

Rebound (MGA Pen Arcade: Blockade) - 3 minutes

Space Blockade (MGA Pen Arcade: Blockade) - 5 minutes

Super Blockade (MGA Pen Arcade: Blockade) - 5 minutes

Star Trek: The Next Generation (Tiger) - 30 minutes

767A94B7-3BD6-4E93-82F0-D07E94012138.thumb.jpeg.c5caed4da89c0a87eba15ca6a4df0831.jpeg

Beat it a couple times. Trying to roll the score.

Milton Bradley Microvision:

Block Buster - 20 minutes

Nintendo Game Boy:

DMG Deals Damage (by @drludos) - 35 minutes

Out of Gas - 95 minutes

B9804766-2AA8-4CE4-B145-6134198220C1.thumb.jpeg.b3dcec6dcca93f9860d043acadfbf533.jpeg

Sheep It Up (by @drludos) - 15 minutes

Nintendo Game Boy Color:

Xena Warrior Princess - 65 minutes

0AF7D974-D18A-44E7-9C85-C39BC015E030.thumb.jpeg.bda48db1185e53beeec25cdcd5217dec.jpeg

People who diss GB Studio games oughta try some real retail games from back in the day. It is fun for me despite being extremely broken and ugly.

Sega 32X:

Virtua Hamster (prototype) - 30 minutes

B9D1FD7D-1012-4AA1-AE18-348D40B96BAB.thumb.jpeg.3525ffac052574ae21e1cac71fd1ae42.jpeg

Saw all there is to see in this demo. It's so fun as a pointless prototype without any "game" to it that it's a real shame that it never got further. It is essentially a homage to S.T.U.N. Runner, running ahead of other "tube shooter" games like Nanotek Warrior.

Sega Genesis:

Eliminate Down - 20 minutes

Starts out easy, doesn't stay that way. Didn't get to the hard part this time, though.

Tiger R-Zone:

Star Wars: Rebel Forces - 25 minutes

Feel the magic:

• Like 5

Here's the summary for Week 17, running from April 25 - May 1. We logged 3309 minutes of eligible play, playing 77 games on a total of 23 systems.

Top 10:

1. Super Breakout (Atari 2600) - 415 min.
2. Zero Hour (CoCo 3) - 320 min.
3. Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (Genesis) - 200 min.
4. Pokemon Red Version (Game Boy) - 195 min. (#6)
5. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 189 min. (#3)
6. R.C. Pro-Am (NES/Famicom) - 180 min.
7. Gravitar (Atari 2600) - 149 min.
8. Batsu & Terii (Bats & Terry) (NES/Famicom) - 130 min.
9. Aardvark (Atari 2600) - 120 min.
10. Out of Gas (Game Boy) - 95 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Super Breakout (Atari 2600) - 415 min.
2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 189 min. (PN#1)
3. Gravitar (Atari 2600) - 149 min.
4. Aardvark (Atari 2600) - 120 min.
5. TRON (Arcade) - 90 min. (PN#6)
6. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 68 min. (PN#7)
7. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 66 min. (PN#8)
8. Lode Runner (SG-1000) - 35 min.
9. Demon Seed (CoCo 1 & 2) - 30 min.
10. Bank Panic (SG-1000) - 25 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 - 951 min. (#2)
2. NES/Famicom - 386 min. (#3)
3. Game Boy - 340 min. (#6)
4. CoCo 3 - 320 min.
5. Genesis - 288 min. (#4)
6. Arcade - 166 min. (#5)
7. Atari Lynx - 150 min.
8. SG-1000 - 89 min.
9. Intellivision - 79 min.
10. Handheld/Tabletop - 75 min.

The HSC entry Super Breakout on the 2600 takes the triple this week, followed by Zero Hour which though is 1.5 hours behind. Some of the minutes on the MGA Pen Arcade might actually belong in the modern tracker, as it seems to have been made in 2002/03 but I'll keep it here for once in a while due to the uncertainity and it being old tech.

None of the games break the 1000, 5000 or 10000 minute barriers this week, though some very quite close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Eltigro said:

Freeplay Arcade in Richardson, Texas.  It's pretty nice.  I've been there a couple times before.  It's like $12 or something to get in and all the machines are set to free play.

2 hours ago, digdugnate said:

I've been there, it's great.

I have also been there, but it was pre-pandemic

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eltigro said:

There's another one further north called something like Arcade92.  I want to check it out, too.  

Yeah, Arcade92 is in McKinney, so if you are coming down 75 then it would be easy to get to on the way.  I've actually never been there, but there are even more arcades in Dallas.  Free Play has locations in Denton, Arlington and Ft Worth.  There's also Cidercade close to downtown Dallas and Quarter Lounge Arcade is in the mid-cities kinda near the airport.  There were even a couple others pre-pandemic that didn't quite make it.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, wongojack said:

Yeah, Arcade92 is in McKinney, so if you are coming down 75 then it would be easy to get to on the way.  I've actually never been there, but there are even more arcades in Dallas.  Free Play has locations in Denton, Arlington and Ft Worth.  There's also Cidercade close to downtown Dallas and Quarter Lounge Arcade is in the mid-cities kinda near the airport.  There were even a couple others pre-pandemic that didn't quite make it.

I grew up in Sherman so hearing these places mentioned is a nostalgia blast :) 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, wongojack said:

Yeah, the Richardson FreePlay is the closest to where I live, so that's the only one I've really been to.  The National Videogame Museum has a nice arcade, but if you're just wanting to go to an arcade, it's not recommended... costs too much just to go to an arcade AND uses tokens instead of freeplay.

• Like 5

I'm pretty well done with Classic Gaming this week.  I'm on vacation next week, so hopefully I have some time to dive more into the couple of games I've started.

Arcade:

Scramble - 30 minutes

SNES:

Donkey Kong Country - 120 minutes

Super Mario World - 120 minutes

• Like 4