IGNORED

Euro pad?

Well I may be wrong as I haven’t looked too deeply into it but the seagull converts the incoming signals from the controller pins to something usable by the 7800. So it’s no longer looking for the native 7800 signals so they would never work together in the same port. I’m other words the pin out for the two controllers are different. 

7 hours ago, Jinks said:

Why would you plug a converter in before a 7800 controller? Plug the thing into the 7800 and play. 

Because then it can be wireless.  If my 8bitdo genesis bluetooth receiver worked without a seagull 78 then it would be cool but it does not.  And my retro-bit version works.  But does not accept wiimote on wii pro.

2x New 6 Foot Controller Cord Extension for Sega Genesis -- 6' Ft. Cable

---

Well-made and functional - also works with Atari 2600.

PROS: These Genesis extension cables work great, and are a great deal. They're solid, dependable, and don't cause any signal degradation. You can also attach them in series to get an even longer cable.

BONUS: These also work with the original Atari 2600. The two machines used the same type of plug for their controllers, so these extension cables are 100% compatible with both systems.

CONS:  None.

SUMMARY: These are a very good product, which I would 100% recommend to other gamers.

Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New | Sold by: ice*firegames

---

https://www.ebay.com/itm/400877917640?epid=1939746555&hash=item5d562f95c8:g:vvcAAOSwZjJU-PAJ

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

2x New 6 Foot Controller Cord Extension for Sega Genesis -- 6' Ft. Cable

---

Well-made and functional - also works with Atari 2600.

PROS: These Genesis extension cables work great, and are a great deal. They're solid, dependable, and don't cause any signal degradation. You can also attach them in series to get an even longer cable.

BONUS: These also work with the original Atari 2600. The two machines used the same type of plug for their controllers, so these extension cables are 100% compatible with both systems.

CONS:  None.

SUMMARY: These are a very good product, which I would 100% recommend to other gamers.

Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New | Sold by: ice*firegames

---

https://www.ebay.com/itm/400877917640?epid=1939746555&hash=item5d562f95c8:g:vvcAAOSwZjJU-PAJ

Thanks but I need more than 6 feet.  Anyhow I can modify the receiver with the wire mod mentioned earlier.  Or just use a nes pad.  That works good too.Wires looks messy and somebody can trip.

On 1/6/2022 at 10:07 PM, Silver Back said:

Well I may be wrong as I haven’t looked too deeply into it but the seagull converts the incoming signals from the controller pins to something usable by the 7800. So it’s no longer looking for the native 7800 signals so they would never work together in the same port. I’m other words the pin out for the two controllers are different. 

This is the answer.  The Seagull 78 reroutes the pins to match Genesis controllers to 7800 console, plus adds the resistors that the 7800 is looking for.   A native 7800 controller is going to get rerouted into the wrong pins by a Seagull 78.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1